Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 31 Jan 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3880902)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Predictions Contest 2018 - Round 21 of 21 - Results

Congratulations to smellysocks on taking the title. And thank you everyone for taking part. You provided stiff opposition all season. Sorry the tail-end of the season was a mess. I will be back this year with more time on my hands to run the competition better. Hope to see you there.

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Results

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Verstappen
4. Ricciardo
5. Bottas
6. Sainz
7. Leclerc
8. PĂ©rez
9. Grosjean
10. Magnussen

Qualifying
1. Hamilton
2. Bottas
3. Vettel

Fastest lap: Vettel
Fastest pit stop: Red Bull
Weather: Dry
formula1.com Driver of the Day: Alonso
Driver of the Grand Prix: Alonso
Team of the Grand Prix: Red Bull
Rate the Grand Prix: 6 & 5

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Predictions Contest Results

1. wolfhound 74
2. Notso Swift 67

Winners this season

Australia: Notso Swift
Bahrain: wolfhound
China: Born Racer Fan
Azerbaijan: crmalcolm
Spain: crmalcolm
Monaco: Born Racer
Canada: Born Racer
France: smellysocks
Austria: Born Racer Fan
Britain: Born Racer
Germany: smellysocks
Hungary: wolfhound
Belgium: Notso Swift
Italy: crmalcolm
Singapore: crmalcolm
Russia: Born Racer
Japan: Notso Swift
United States: smellysocks
Mexico: smellysocks
Brazil: Born Racer
Abu Dhabi: wolfhound

Number of wins this season

Born Racer 5
crmalcolm 4
smellysocks 4
wolfhound 3
Notso Swift 3
Born Racer Fan 2

Final Championship Standings after 21 Rounds

1. smellysocks 1526
2. wolfhound 1495
3. Born Racer 1482
4. Notso Swift 1382
5. crmalcolm 1137
6. Born Racer Fan 1027
7. Greem 322
8. Mekola 40
Old 3 Feb 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3881675)   #2
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woo hoo! Glorious victory.

I didn't know I was even in contention and I end up in P1!

And being a dnf in the final race I thought there was no chance.

So is the team going to give me a Ferrari?

Thanks for all your efforts in running this contest. See you next season.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3881694)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysocks View Post

So is the team going to give me a Ferrari?
Here it is.....
Attached Thumbnails
_101272468.jpg  
Old 9 Feb 2019, 07:01 (Ref:3882759)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Here it is.....
In the early 2000s, you would have got fresh engines every weekend. Now, due to cost cutting, here we are.

You do win the glory, though. It was close competition all year and you had a good knack for working out the most likely combinations. Particularly important are those lower placings - e.g. who's going to come 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th?
Old 16 Feb 2019, 00:51 (Ref:3884518)   #5
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Here it is.....
And what a beautiful Ferrari it is! Thanks.
Old 20 Feb 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3885647)   #6
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had forgotten about this competition and when I last looked I was languishing down near the bottom of the table but ended the season second to my pleasant surprise after a late season strong run!

Many thanks Born Racer for all your work over the season and congratulations to smellysocks on your victory.
Old 2 Mar 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3887754)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

A pleasure, wolfhound! I wish you a competitive season.