Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1315098)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Things You Should Take To Le Mans

We have had the Stange Things You Take To Le Mans thread, now its time for the thing you should take to Le Mans.

The first thing I always pack is my Radio and spare battries, well you need to find someway of listening to Radio Le Mans....
Old 30 May 2005, 21:09 (Ref:1315119)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Difficult. Apart from the obvious like camera, Euros, tickets whatever......

1. Radio - yes, agreed there. This year I have a combined MP3 player and radio and some decent earphones....

2. A floppy hat. I have a new red Reebok floppy hat this year. Well if you lot had as little hair as I have..... Seriously, far better to look like a muppet reject from Big Brother than have a neck that feels and looks like boiled bacon on Sunday afternoon.....

3. Imodium/diocalm (or something similar). Listen, if you'd been through what my guts went through in 1987, you'd take them with you every year too......
Old 30 May 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1315128)   #3
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunscreen! Forgot to take it with me in 2002 & 2003 wich resulted in a nasty red souvenir on my arms that lasted for weeks.
Old 30 May 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1315135)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't taken a camera for many years, I bring a stereo digital recorder. A many spare batteries for it and the essential radio.
I usually bring :
- a small Maglite (usefull near Arnage for your security if you walk on the road from the car park to the entrance or if you hitch hike. Very usefull at Mulsanne and Tertre Rouge because of the dangerous holes you don't see at night) ;
- Nescafé packets (add it in the usual coffee, especially for the 05h00 croissants!) ;
- chronometer ;
- Pullover, Parka (remember 1992 !)

and...The Corkscrew.
Old 30 May 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1315145)   #5
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found the radio (and well charged batteries) to be the most essential LM item. That next to the normal travel stuff that others mention: medicine, various sun or rain protections, etc.
Old 30 May 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1315191)   #6
vollpower
Rookie

Ireland
Waterford
vollpower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A roll of toilet paper
Sandels and good boots so you can give your feet a break
Some additive for the coffee is good at about 02:00 onwards
We also got some of those Guinness flashing green hearts so we can find each other.
Old 30 May 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1315198)   #7
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Camera, radio, suncream and hat (should see me right now, after not bothering with the last two at Snetterton on Saturday...).

A tent, plenty of beer, plenty of coffee...
Old 31 May 2005, 01:06 (Ref:1315253)   #8
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
forgot to mention the die-hard walking shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 31 May 2005, 04:15 (Ref:1315311)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
My PlanetLe Mans cap ! (very proud of it )
My Ten-Tenths tee-shirt (dito )
Two pairs of everything (shoes, pants, etc...)
K-way (remember 2001 ?)
Champagne in a colling box + screwpull (even if I counted on Pascal when mine decided to collapse)
Tickets (don't laugh)
Camera, batteries, radio
Cash (there's only one cash dispenser at my knowing )
List of the cars/teams/pilots ("who's driving this one ? Er... don't know... er...")
Old 31 May 2005, 07:29 (Ref:1315404)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Worn-in shoes.

Never bring new ones. I brought and wore a brand new pair of trainers (and good ones, at that) back in the mid-90s and I've never had blisters like it.
Old 31 May 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1315637)   #11
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mountain bikes, saves on painfull feet and makes it a lot easier to get down to the other parts of the circuit away from the main start/finish, village area.
Old 31 May 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1315712)   #12
Cerbera Speed12
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Cerbera Speed12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 'good' radio, a very warm jacket (sounds crazy I know) and some sun cream would be in my top 3.
Old 31 May 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1315798)   #13
Roel_Ooms
Rookie

Roel_Ooms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two (or more) pair of socks. Sweaty wet feet cool down at night, a pair of dry fresh socks, priceless. And besides the earplugs something like this kind of earprotection:
http://www.stainedglassoriginals.com/earprotection.jpg
For those short powernaps on the grandstands at night.

All the rest has been mentioned so far.
Old 31 May 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1315819)   #14
Okkie
Rookie

Netherlands
Delft, 700 km from Le Mans
Okkie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Tickets (don't laugh)
Camera, batteries, radio
good point.
I have already had a nightmare, I arrived at Le Mans, after a 8 hour drive and the tickets were still at home. All dream long I have telephoned home, to UPS, to the postoffice etc etc.

What you really need to take:
- sunglasses
- thick sweater
- rain coat
- fire works for sunday evening
- little see-through holder for your tickets to put under your shirt
- party tent, against rain or sun
- bbq, food is expensive at Le Mans
- refrigerator, to keep the beer cold
- extra petrol for the generator
- radio with earplugs
- MONEY, MONEY and MONEY

Okkie
Old 31 May 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1315863)   #15
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
off to buy new shoes for LM now!
Old 31 May 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1315917)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okkie
sunglasses
Interresting point... I use to wear sunglasses all the time to protect my eyes... except at Le Mans, where I use a cap.

I realized that I didn't see the action/the cars/the details well enough with the shades : it changes the colors, and the width of the seeing.

That's why I use to wear my - PlanetLeMans - cap instead
Old 31 May 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1315921)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel_Ooms
Two (or more) pair of socks. Sweaty wet feet cool down at night, a pair of dry fresh socks, priceless.

Good one Roel. Its absolute heaven on Sunday morning when I get carted back to the hotel by the guys after a nigth wandering the circuit to be able to change t-shirt and socks! Bliss.

Oh, and if you have worn new shoes, that's when you find the blisters. And that's when they start to hurt - a lot!