Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 18 Nov 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2988457)   #2726
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re the Victor Meldrew triumph...

Well done Gordon!

I've texted your contact details to Martin Whitmarsh - apparently there's a vacancy in their "Young Driver Programme".

Last edited by Alan Morgan; 18 Nov 2011 at 20:45.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2988470)   #2727
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
OK .so Mrs Delta booked 25th wedding anerversery for next year in Florida. Now then I need some idea's from all my good 10/10th friends on how I go about telling her I might just dissapear for a couple of days to see my mates racing at Daytona.
I recon I should suddenly get a tx on the plane going out from Cliff saying he is in trouble and needs some help.Hmmmmm. not sure on that one.
Need some idea's
Old 18 Nov 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2988477)   #2728
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Forrest Gump approach. Go for a run. And run. And run.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2988478)   #2729
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Forrest Gump approach. Go for a run. And run. And run.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 21:12 (Ref:2988482)   #2730
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Welcome back Grant.I hear you are coming to our "HistoricFF2000 AGM" Good stuff.
Cheers Iain!

Yep, that's the plan.

Meanwhile I am working on my 'Tour of Aussie motor sport venues' saga. I'll post something when I have the approapiate photos gathered together.

In the meantime ...

The first weekend in May 2012.

360 at Snetterton.
Historic Festival at Donington.
Pau Historique.
Business conference in Las Vegas.

Possibly other options?

What to do? And why does everything have to be scheduled for the same bloody weekend?
Old 18 Nov 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2988485)   #2731
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
OK .so Mrs Delta booked 25th wedding anerversery for next year in Florida. Now then I need some idea's from all my good 10/10th friends on how I go about telling her I might just dissapear for a couple of days to see my mates racing at Daytona.
I recon I should suddenly get a tx on the plane going out from Cliff saying he is in trouble and needs some help.Hmmmmm. not sure on that one.
Need some idea's
Where in Florida?

Max's suggestion might work, though I doubt you would need to do it in triplicate. Or, more to the point, I doubt you would get away with it 3 days, er, running.

Old 18 Nov 2011, 21:37 (Ref:2988497)   #2732
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant Max. Just remind me to buy the choclates when I return home
Old 18 Nov 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2988515)   #2733
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
First weekend of May.

Have cars at both Pau and Donington.

Two cars at Pau,Anyone with transport?

Pre War Sports Car races at both meetings.Crazy!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2988563)   #2734
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Text from me can be arranged - no problem - reminds me of when I would ring my friend & ask what he was doing, to which he would reply - nothing do you fancy coming round & giving me a hand?

Max brilliant idea, they even have a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co restaurant on Daytona Beach which is themed on Forrest Gump!

Iain when exactly are you flying as I think we should all book tickets on the same flight accidentally & bump into each other @ the airport - how about next years festive fry up @ Daytona next year?
Old 19 Nov 2011, 00:36 (Ref:2988567)   #2735
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heard from my man in NY tonight - Mustang has arrived & he has bought most of the panels needed for $400 just need two repro front wings (as they are lighter) which should mean all the panels needed will cost about $800 - it's just a pity they don't come with free fitting.

He hasn't put the car on the jig yet but thinks that the damage isnt too bad, it looks like the frame rails have absorbed most of the impact & bent upwards slightly, which shouldn't be too hard to straighten.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 08:29 (Ref:2988667)   #2736
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Need some idea's
Iain, does she like Cliff Richard? If so, why don't you tell her that he's appearing at Daytona and when you get there all you have to do is say "sorry dear you must have mis-heard me, I said Cliff Ryan".
Old 19 Nov 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2988690)   #2737
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Double post again can someone split this thread I think the length of it is causing uploading problems.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2988692)   #2738
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha I like that Gary, we will then make Cliff get up on the winners podium at Victory Lane Daytona and sing 'Wer'e all going on a summer holiday'................she will never know the different!

BTW Cliff I thought our man said the panels were avalilable for $500!! Still $800 not bad now you just have to use those wrenches we bought to prise open Daniels wallet!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2988694)   #2739
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Anyone going to next Saturday's Snetterton Charity rides event, I am thinking of going now my friend seems to be recovering well from her cochlear implant operation.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2988701)   #2740
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Double post again can someone split this thread I think the length of it is causing uploading problems.
Al, I think there may be other reasons rather than the length of the thread, they are being looked into.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2988732)   #2741
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daytona - try tourist information maybe there´s something great for Mrs Delta to do!!! http://www.daytona.com/
Old 19 Nov 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2988735)   #2742
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
There is plenty to do there, I spent a day at the Kennedy Space Centre that was pretty cool plus loads of other stuff to do like the Matenee boat trips and air boat trips over the Everglades. Then you have miles and miles of beautiful white sand and more eating places than you could ever imagine.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2988736)   #2743
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
There is plenty to do there, I spent a day at the Kennedy Space Centre that was pretty cool plus loads of other stuff to do like the Matenee boat trips and air boat trips over the Everglades. Then you have miles and miles of beautiful white sand and more eating places than you could ever imagine. I only scartched the surface but they have a local little whats on programe on the TV that will give plenty of ideas, a dull place its not!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 13:34 (Ref:2988734)   #2744
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
There is plenty to do there, I spent a day at the Kennedy Space Centre that was pretty cool plus loads of other stuff to do like the Matenee boat trips and air boat trips over the Everglades. Then you have miles and miles of beautiful white sand and more eating places than you could ever imagine. I only sratched the surface but they have a local little whats on programe on the TV that will give plenty of ideas, a dull place its not!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 13:35 (Ref:2988737)   #2745
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
There is plenty to do there, I spent a day at the Kennedy Space Centre that was pretty cool plus loads of other stuff to do like the Matenee boat trips and air boat trips over the Everglades. Then you have miles and miles of beautiful white sand and more eating places than you could ever imagine. I only sratched the surface but they have a local little whats on programe on the TV that will give plenty of ideas, a dull place its not and it seems the whole town loves motorsport, bit like the locals at Croft, Combe and Snetterton etc NOT!!!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2988738)   #2746
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
There is plenty to do there, I spent a day at the Kennedy Space Centre that was pretty cool plus loads of other stuff to do like the Matenee boat trips and air boat trips over the Everglades. Then you have miles and miles of beautiful white sand and more eating places than you could ever imagine. I only sratched the surface but they have a local little whats on programe on the TV that will give plenty of ideas, a dull place its not and it seems the whole town loves motorsport, bit like the locals at Croft, Combe and Snetterton etc NOT!!! Unlke the idiots overhere they realise the town and businesses owe an enourmous amount to the sport. The track is virtually in the center of town like Crystal Palace once was which actually got me thinking, was it such a smart move to site our circuits out in the middle of nowhere in the hope a NIMBY wont complain which is pretty impossible on a small island, maybe it would have been better to have motorsport in towns where they are used to general noise all around them. BTW he track is slap bang alongside the airport, much closer than even Donington and the planes do not take off above you deafening you but out to sea, I hardly noticed them but you could see the tailplanes sticking up above the track perimeter, how sensible.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2988742)   #2747
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Al, your double posts (five in this case)seem to get longer and longer each time, how are you doing this?
Old 19 Nov 2011, 13:57 (Ref:2988744)   #2748
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain,we were over there in 86,do the usual stuff if you want but get yourself out into the proper Everglades,away from the tourist trap's,real Florida!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2988759)   #2749
midgetman
Veteran

Not even a problem. Snetterton it is. Everything else pales into insignificance.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 15:22 (Ref:2988770)   #2750
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
........and the biggest selling point of all to the female variety - loads of cheap shopping!
Closed Thread