Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Dec 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3181029)   #1276
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess is Luffy is off to Carrera Cup and I don't see him losing his T8 enduro seat either.

Murf to HRT, driver pairings to be determined after Percat's position is sorted out.

What I find interesting is that Klein has spent a lot of time with the Walkinshaw crew in 2012...surely not just for his one off drive at Indy?? If he gets the drive in the #9 then good luck to him...but did Walky have plans for him?
Old 22 Dec 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3181052)   #1277
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Errrr.....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Dec 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3181091)   #1278
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you squint you can still see SBR
Old 23 Dec 2012, 02:26 (Ref:3181258)   #1279
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Hmmm...
Old 23 Dec 2012, 03:27 (Ref:3181267)   #1280
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gunna be a few people with their nose out of joint but I feel a huge breathe of fresh air rolling through the sport.
Betty should inject something that will appeal to the 51% of the population we have been denigrating or offending for the past few years.
If we had that sort of thing happening recently convincing the TV people we had a marketable and promotable entertainment package might have been a lot easier.
Go for it Erebus!
Old 23 Dec 2012, 04:30 (Ref:3181273)   #1281
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Intriguing isn't she

Old 23 Dec 2012, 05:15 (Ref:3181279)   #1282
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Gunna be a few people with their nose out of joint but I feel a huge breathe of fresh air rolling through the sport.
Betty should inject something that will appeal to the 51% of the population we have been denigrating or offending for the past few years.
If we had that sort of thing happening recently convincing the TV people we had a marketable and promotable entertainment package might have been a lot easier.
Go for it Erebus!
Shes a colorful character and not everyone's going to like her but if people cant accept who she is then thats their problem to deal with. V8s need more characters to keep things fresh so Im looking forward to seeing what 2013 brings.
Old 25 Dec 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3181892)   #1283
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

If the story out of SE Qld is correct, a cheque just north the size of running a development series team might see Mr van Gisbergen drive for another team, and if this is to be believed, another manufacturer...

As ever, money can find a way...

As an aside, this twitterer has made a couple of other cryptic comments earlier in the piece which are 100% on the money, yet not covered by the mainstream media... maybe not quite the crackpot that others might have us believe...

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 26 Dec 2012, 00:10 (Ref:3181894)   #1284
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So SVG goes to Tekno. Interesting.

Or could it be Murphy and Simon is just using SVG's name as a stir up?
Old 26 Dec 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3181897)   #1285
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

All possible of course... except it seems someone has asked what it would cost to exit Mr Van Gisbergen's non-compete clause...
Old 26 Dec 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3181901)   #1286
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

Surely it has to be Murphy. Simon mac is just **** stirring.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3181913)   #1287
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Well who else would fit the criteria of being recently retired? And then there's the legal technicality being alluded to. (either the guy can't spell properly or it's a clever pun involving Tekno).
Old 26 Dec 2012, 03:49 (Ref:3181916)   #1288
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Well who else would fit the criteria of being recently retired? And then there's the legal technicality being alluded to. (either the guy can't spell properly or it's a clever pun involving Tekno).
Blind freddy can see thats a deliberate spelling of technicallities
Old 26 Dec 2012, 03:54 (Ref:3181917)   #1289
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HO HO HO, Ford lets another one GO.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3181925)   #1290
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's not up to the manufacturer anymore.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3181929)   #1291
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
HO HO HO, Ford lets another one GO.
Actually MB have let him go
Old 26 Dec 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3181959)   #1292
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Actually MB have let him go
Actually that would be AMG Pecker, we all know MB isn't involved.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3182064)   #1293
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Actually it's SBR/Erebus that have let him go , Mercedes have nothing to do with this and AMG are just providing the engines (for a price) so I wouldn't call them a manufacturer in this case.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3182074)   #1294
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Actually that would be AMG Pecker, we all know MB isn't involved.
Having said that, its funny how many MBA cars were laying around the Homebush precinct on display.

Perhaps their stance is softening?

Wonder if George Miedecke is in line for an enduro seat at Erebus, what with his dad's Port Macquarie MB dealership, and previous relationship with the Stones..
Old 26 Dec 2012, 23:32 (Ref:3182095)   #1295
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Having said that, its funny how many MBA cars were laying around the Homebush precinct on display.

Perhaps their stance is softening?

Wonder if George Miedecke is in line for an enduro seat at Erebus, what with his dad's Port Macquarie MB dealership, and previous relationship with the Stones..
Might be budget-dependant. But yes, everything else makes it seem like a natural choice.

Having Mad Andy's dealership plastered about the cars could be an easy way to the Mercedes Benz branding on them without rocking the boat too much with MBA.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 03:03 (Ref:3182125)   #1296
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Actually it's SBR/Erebus that have let him go , Mercedes have nothing to do with this and AMG are just providing the engines (for a price) so I wouldn't call them a manufacturer in this case.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 03:12 (Ref:3182126)   #1297
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Orange & Black #9 Benz?
Old 27 Dec 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3182153)   #1298
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Orange & Black #9 Benz?
....and silver??? Top of door frames look to be silver.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 09:51 (Ref:3182175)   #1299
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Since the team that seemed to have a mortgage on silver/chrome will now be blue, maybe there is now an opening
Old 30 Dec 2012, 04:07 (Ref:3182868)   #1300
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So.. what new announcements will make themselves known on Tuesday?