Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Jun 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1335978)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans 2006

Well, well, well... it's that time again!

With the 2005 Le Mans 24hrs very fresh in the memory it's time to start thinking about the next instalment... so who is going to next year's effort? What are your plans and where will you be staying?

I will be there is all I can say. Though I am not sure who I will be going with or where I will be staying. If I cannot blag the motorhome again I may be using a hotel for the first time.

Can't wait... the race weekend seem to be getting shorter and shorter and the gap in between getting longer and longer... hmm
Old 21 Jun 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1336013)   #2
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will go again next year, this year was impossible due to the birth of my daughter Lisa. Followed the race very well though, put all effort in updating Planetlemans during the race. Never been so aware of the race's progress, but don't want to miss being there next year...

Will probably be at P Bleu from wednesday on...(or some campsite if lucky enough)
Old 21 Jun 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1336018)   #3
nickandrews
Rookie

nickandrews should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i'm hoping on going next year. Would you all advise to book tickets early and such? Not sure yet wether to drive down or get the train/plane
Old 21 Jun 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1336039)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes .. i was waiting for a 2006 thread ..
i probably won't be able to be there.. yet again .. but for sure i'm counting the days

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Jun 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1336135)   #5
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm supposed to be working in some capacity at the F1 US Grand Prix next year, presumably on the same weekend...maybe michelin may have pulled a rabbit out the hat for me!
Old 21 Jun 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1336205)   #6
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Michelin should claim that Corvette and Audi who won in their categories chose their tyres !
Old 21 Jun 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1336210)   #7
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What US GP next year???!!!
Will be at the race for my 18th visit.
Will make a TT's meet for the first time (sorry again)
BeauSejour was really good this year so will probably repeat with a camper and several more people.
Arnage and Indianapolis are great viewing areas - will post some of my photos asap.
Can't wait for 2006 tho!! ....
I love this stuff....
Old 21 Jun 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1336223)   #8
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the feild might look like.

LMP1
2x Joest Audis R10
2x Pescarolo Judds
2x Lister Racing Team Listers
2x Courage Comp C70s
1x Champion R10
1x Dyson Lola
1x Miracle Courage C70
1x Factory Riley
1x Jim Gainer Dome
1x Kruse Courage C 70
(other possibilties ORECA, Rollcentre, Jota, Creation, Race 4 Holl, facrory Zytec, etc.)

LMP2
1x Intersport Lola
1x RML Lola
1x Binnie Lola
1x Chamberlin Lola
1x Horag Motor Racing Lola
2x Penske Porches
2x Paul Belmondo Racing Courages
1x BK Mazda Courage
1x Miracle Courage
1x Pierre Bruneau Pilbeam
1x Lucchini Engineering
1x Noel Del Bello Courage
1x G-Force Courage
(other possibilities Panhard, Scuderia Villorba Corse)

GT1
2x Factory Corvettes C6R
2x BMS Scuderia Italia Aston Martin
1x Pacfic Coast Corvette C5R
1x Cirtek Aston Martin
1x Bell Aston Martin ?
1x Rahal Aston Martin ?
1x Labre Ferrari 550
1x JMB Racing Ferrari 575
other possibilites (Prodrive)

GT2
1x AJR Porche
1x BAM Porche
1x White Light Porche
1x Fly Liz Porche
2x Panoz's
1x Cirtek Ferrari 360
1x Raymond Narac Porsche
1x Seikel Motorsport Porsche
1x Spyker Squadron Spyker C8
1x Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari 360
2x Factory TVR's
other possibilities (Racesports Peninsula TVR, RML Nissian, T2M Motorsport Porsche)
Old 21 Jun 2005, 19:24 (Ref:1336336)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its a bit early to come up with the entry list for next year. Oh yeah i'll be there again.....
Old 21 Jun 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1336506)   #10
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm planning to try and catch Le Mans and Nurburgring next year. No doubt something will conspire against it again.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1336529)   #11
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes sir, I'll be there provided I'm alive....
Old 21 Jun 2005, 23:22 (Ref:1336590)   #12
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will bet any one of you that I can sucessfully pick the winners in 3 of the 4 classes right now.
LMP1
Joest Audi

LMP2
Penske Porche

GT1
Works Corvette

GT2
toss up- ALMS Porche team
Old 21 Jun 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1336603)   #13
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
If you pick Champion in LMP1, then all classes will be won by American teams
Old 22 Jun 2005, 07:21 (Ref:1336817)   #14
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be there again, all things being equal. Hopefully with Craig, maybe with Hursty if he's allowed (and hopefully with the motorhome!). Arnage corner is a superb place to be based, especially when Hugh Chamberlain drops by with some of his team for a consolation beer after their car dies.

Got a definite case of the post Le Mans blues this year though.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1336988)   #15
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm hopefully going to be there next year - for the very first time!

Must try making some very early arrangements and properly book time off work this time around. Remember, only roughly 360 days to go... *thinks*... hmmm
Old 22 Jun 2005, 11:23 (Ref:1337016)   #16
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting articles in Motorsport News today about Le Mans '06. Colin McRae could be back next year with Scuderia Ecosse in their 360, and Sebastian Loeb wants in on Le Mans again next year provided the WRC calendar allows it.

Also the Audi R10 could afterall use diesel engines as early as 2006, to go head-to-head with Peugeot in '07. Also saying Audi could put their weight behind a GT car in the future too...

Plus generally for 2006 - article about the DBRS9 - I think it's very odd that the car is seemingly aimed at GT3 (it looks too big, as if it should be GT2 instead). However, Stephane Ratel does mention plans for a European GT3 championship for next year, saying "we want to use this to fine tune regulations for national championships". Would that go alongside FIA GT? Could even spell more trouble for British GT's if teams are able to use Dunlop tyres for it.

Finally, we could see a very heated attempt on the ALMS from Aston Martin in 2006...
Old 22 Jun 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1337056)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be there. Details to be arranged. Somethings will be the same as always, others will be different.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1337073)   #18
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure I'll be there again. I'll be looking at another different way of doing it though. Drove down this year, camped at Tertre Rouge (for a week, got there Monday! ).

Might fancy somewhere on the Arnage side next time, and a little more luxury than a hot, sweaty tent... (Craig, keep me posted!!)
Old 22 Jun 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1337090)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Definately mate. We are looking at expanding our travelling party this coming year if I can get my hands on the 'Winnebago' again Sorry I didnt get to see you this year BTW (or Adam, Sam, Jase, Jay (yes, THAT one!), or several others I loved to have seen)
Old 22 Jun 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1337120)   #20
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah - I'm afraid Arnage was a couple of miles too far to walk in that heat!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1337438)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Like brielga, assuming I'm still compus mentis by next June I'll be there. But I may be doing things differently next year. There were aspects of my trip which made things very difficult and left Le Mans as a rather shorter and not so sweet affair this year. Not blaming our organisers at all, I think fate just conspired against us this year. So, depending on what arrangements we talk about between us, I may be looking to do something different next year. If I do, you'll know about it - I'll probably need help from some of you lot!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1337751)   #22
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definitely want to go again!

Had a brilliant time and bought my dads model car to complete the weekend!!
Old 23 Jun 2005, 07:07 (Ref:1337973)   #23
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Like brielga, assuming I'm still compus mentis by next June I'll be there. But I may be doing things differently next year. There were aspects of my trip which made things very difficult and left Le Mans as a rather shorter and not so sweet affair this year. Not blaming our organisers at all, I think fate just conspired against us this year. So, depending on what arrangements we talk about between us, I may be looking to do something different next year. If I do, you'll know about it - I'll probably need help from some of you lot!
Sorry to hear it wasn't quite so great this year. I'm sure if you do decide to do things differently next year there will be loads of offers of help, fancy chilling out at Arnage for example?
Old 23 Jun 2005, 07:09 (Ref:1337975)   #24
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulzinho
Definitely want to go again!

Had a brilliant time and bought my dads model car to complete the weekend!!
Glad you had such a good time and it lived up to expectations. Hopefully next year we'll meet up at some stage.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1338181)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
The pillock was apparently at Arnage for the start too... I feel insulted!