Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 7 Dec 2007, 12:24 (Ref:2083567)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ex F3000 cars still about?

High folks, I've posted a similar thread in Sprint/Hillcimbing forum but I'm doing some research on F3000, particularly the 'heydey' of the late 80's/early 90's and wondered if anyone knows if there are any cars from that period still racing in club series in the UK, or even simply in collections but not active?

Ideally after details of anyone with spec cars (with 3.0 Cossie/Mugen/Judd engine installations)

Thanks

chunty
Old 7 Dec 2007, 14:50 (Ref:2083666)   #2
robm
Rookie

European Union
Hampshire
robm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was lucky enough a few years ago to have a shot in a Texaco T89/50 Lola F3000. I loved that era. Especially 85-89 international races. Massive grids and top drivers mixed with some real budget entries and great shoestring stories! Van de poele and Tamburini just two of the many missed talents from that time. Try having a look in Aussie and Kiwi web sites as quite a few of the cars made their way over there for formula Holden conversions etc. A couple of FIRST racing team cars recently appeared for sale on a US site.

Good Luck in your search. Rob M
Old 7 Dec 2007, 14:52 (Ref:2083668)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bet that was excellent Rob, good stuff!

Thabks for the guide, but I really need to contact people who have cars that are in the UK, ideally before christmas (and no i'm not planning on buying one as a rather elaborate and expensice present for anyone!!)
Old 7 Dec 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2083690)   #4
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chunterer there are quite a few of them racing in Ireland right now. Dan Daly is the main mover behind Formula Libre and is worth contacting.

Irish Formula Libre
Old 7 Dec 2007, 17:11 (Ref:2083781)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Cheers db!