Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 16 May 2008, 14:23 (Ref:2204065)   #51
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamessimons
Ian,

Do you normally get you Tripode inner CV joints and housings from race parts. Nowhere seems to list 25 spline?

I have an inner CV Joint outer/housing - brand new PM - me if you are interested

John

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 27 May 2008, 14:10 (Ref:2213069)   #52
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What happened at Oulton? A three lap race??
Old 27 May 2008, 15:16 (Ref:2213136)   #53
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST
If it was anything like testing it would have been a crash fest.....I haven’t been to a test day like it ever. I am surprised that they even had enough cars to race the amount of Renaults that crashed.....we must have had 10 red flags in 6 sessions and very little track time because of it.... a waste of a day for me. The Chevron didn’t help either driving round at walking pace in the middle of the circuit!!

There were cars even crashing on the out lap after a red flag......

I hope you guys have insurance or big wallets as Renault must have been rubbing there hands together!!!!
Old 28 May 2008, 07:14 (Ref:2213654)   #54
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST
The last re start was over 6 laps & we were on our 5th lap & i went off while in 3rd place & got collected when i attempted to re join, sorry again. I think ian watson gladly took the decision to call it a day at that point. First red flag was a start line incident, just one of those things, 2nd red was for a car off at cascades.

hope that clears it up peter, all in all i think we got about 9 laps in

but qualifying ran with no incidents at all
Old 28 May 2008, 08:01 (Ref:2213685)   #55
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
If it was anything like testing it would have been a crash fest.....I haven’t been to a test day like it ever. I am surprised that they even had enough cars to race the amount of Renaults that crashed.....we must have had 10 red flags in 6 sessions and very little track time because of it.... a waste of a day for me. The Chevron didn’t help either driving round at walking pace in the middle of the circuit!!

There were cars even crashing on the out lap after a red flag......

I hope you guys have insurance or big wallets as Renault must have been rubbing there hands together!!!!
I think ten reds is a bit more than what really happened & only 3 or 4 cars ever got damaged. Oh yeah, 1 red flag was for the ducks that were waiting to cross at hizzies chicane!!
Old 28 May 2008, 09:17 (Ref:2213736)   #56
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I rather liked the ducks thing, I think it showed how human we all are. Mind you, you'd think the stupid things could have swam along the brook rather than insisting on exercising their right of way across the track.
Old 28 May 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2213854)   #57
Redracer77
Veteran

I nearly killed them all as I slowed to see why the yellows were out, looked round the corner and didnt see any cars and just at the last minute swerved out of the way as mother duck and ducklings started to walk accross the track...just missed them and was glad not to see any ducklings stuck to my tyres!!!
Old 28 May 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2213993)   #58
glenquagmire
Rookie

glenquagmire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard of some reasons for sporting events being stopped/abandoned, but "ducks stopped play" is a new one!
Old 28 May 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2214054)   #59
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson
The last re start was over 6 laps & we were on our 5th lap & i went off while in 3rd place & got collected when i attempted to re join, sorry again. I think ian watson gladly took the decision to call it a day at that point. First red flag was a start line incident, just one of those things, 2nd red was for a car off at cascades.

hope that clears it up peter, all in all i think we got about 9 laps in

but qualifying ran with no incidents at all

Cheers Ian. Even though we aren't competing in FR any more we keep a close eye on things!

Dave and I plan to come to Snet in August, maybe even stay overnight, will catch up with you all then, though there aren't that many familiar names any more!

(Will you have any spare tickets?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 30 May 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2215124)   #60
Bob Pearson
Veteran

I noticed that the weekly rag had a bit to say about our three red flags. Whatever happened to the rule about being sent to the end of the programme if a 2nd stoppsge occurs. I know there are downsides to that, but, I don't know if others are like me, but a couple of re-starts makes me more wound up and so more likely to cause another stoppage. An hour or so back in the garage may calm us all down.
Old 30 May 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2215245)   #61
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
Whatever happened to the rule about being sent to the end of the programme if a 2nd stoppsge occurs.
I don't think it's any form of rule actually Bob- just a policy that certain clubs follow.
I'm guessing that FRenault was treated as the 'feature' race on Monday, therefore was going to get a race regardless. I was quite relieved when three laps were completed, as I then knew a result would be declared!
Old 30 May 2008, 13:07 (Ref:2215300)   #62
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
I noticed that the weekly rag had a bit to say about our three red flags.
It could have been worse! We weren't happy with the position of the two cars which ended up on the grass at Old Hall on the final restart, but fortunately the incident team managed to move them out of the firing line.

Quote:
Whatever happened to the rule about being sent to the end of the programme if a 2nd stoppsge occurs.

That's written into the finals for 750MC meetings; as far as I know, no other club has it as a definite ruling.
Old 30 May 2008, 13:21 (Ref:2215311)   #63
Redracer77
Veteran

I think BRSCC also use that rule?
Old 30 May 2008, 14:23 (Ref:2215356)   #64
Bob Pearson
Veteran

[QUOTE=Dave Brand]It could have been worse! We weren't happy with the position of the two cars which ended up on the grass at Old Hall on the final restart, but fortunately the incident team managed to move them out of the firing line.

I was looking for the red all the way round the first lap having seen that incident unfold. It wasn't till I got to about the exit for Druids that I thought I had better get on with this as it doesn't look like we are going to stop.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 00:36 (Ref:2216210)   #65
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson
Oh yeah, 1 red flag was for the ducks that were waiting to cross at hizzies chicane!!
i belive that most of the oulton marshals now have a grading for wildlife herding! them ducks and geese get everywere!
look on the bright side, it might have been a squirel with big nuts crossing the track!
Old 16 Jun 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2229995)   #66
jamessimons
Rookie

jamessimons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cylinder Leak Test

Hi Guys!

I have done a cylinder leak test at the weekend. Compression is good on all cylinders. On the leak test it showed 60% leak on 1 & 4 and 0% leak on 2 & 3. This seems bazaar, with a stethoscope I can hear no leaks. There are no bubbles in the water, no air coming from the top of the valves and none on throttle body or exhaust pipe. on 2 & 3 60psi was enough to turn engine over. Engine tempertaure was at 50 degrees. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 11 Jul 2008, 09:16 (Ref:2249060)   #67
Bob Pearson
Veteran

I notice we are down to only one qualifying session at Croft, if my memory serves me right it's the same at Snetterton next month.
I have to say that the glory days when Grovewood/Renault and BARC were going out of their way to be nice to us seem a long time ago this season !!
I guess it is a case of " its met its goal, its now successful, so no-one has to try anymore". Unfortunately, I have never yet met a business that can remain successful when based on that philosophy and I suspect our world is no different to a profit making business.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 21:59 (Ref:2250913)   #68
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
ADEE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob - good point well made... as always. And why the drivers meeting mid Sunday a.m.? seems like a case of well we're here so you damn well should be too.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 09:16 (Ref:2251130)   #69
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Yes, thats a good point, hadn't thought about the drivers meeting, that could have been moved to PM. I dont think anything happens on track in the morning, so I don't understand why anyone wants to be there. It seems we are getting a refund for the misssing qualifying session, so perhaps I was being rude too soon.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2251133)   #70
glenquagmire
Rookie

glenquagmire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going on Sunday and looking at the timetable I would guess driver meetings for every championship would have to be in the morning because the officials will be running the races all afternoon - unless I'm missing something? Surely it must be before your race, when is the alternative?
Old 15 Jul 2008, 09:47 (Ref:2251144)   #71
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Normally a drivers briefing is in the qualifying period, arguably it makes more sense if they are before qualifying, if the Clerk chooses to lecture drivers about say yellow flag discipline, then that should apply to qualifying as well as races. Taking that as the lead, then maybe the Croft drivers briefings should take place on Saturday.
Old 16 Jul 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2252242)   #72
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
ADEE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glenquaqmire you are probably missing the fact that the drivers briefing only requires one official - the clerk, and the BARC renault series has its own dedicated clerk so shouldn't be too much overlap, especially if, as Bob 100% sensibly suggests, the briefing was on the Saturday. (apologies for v. long sentence!)
Old 17 Jul 2008, 08:18 (Ref:2252481)   #73
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADEE
Glenquaqmire you are probably missing the fact that the drivers briefing only requires one official - the clerk, and the BARC renault series has its own dedicated clerk so shouldn't be too much overlap, especially if, as Bob 100% sensibly suggests, the briefing was on the Saturday. (apologies for v. long sentence!)
Hark at the man for writing sentences that are sooo long, he should be ashamed, very ashamed. LOL
Old 21 Jul 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2255180)   #74
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Well, that put the record straight after the slagging off we got from the press re the red flags at Oulton. Two races in wet/dry conditions on slicks and not a single red flag.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2255238)   #75
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good races too I thought. Shame it chose to rain during each one!