Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1400610)   #1
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
05 Festival - Will I be disapointed?

Now I've only been to the last 5 festivals and in that time I've seen some top names like Davidson, Patrick, etc. And for me the festival always has some special sort of buzz to it that you don't get at any other meeting in the world. But do you think this year will have that buzz?

Even last year with the smallish numbers I still felt the buzz but this year I'm not sure.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1400631)   #2
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as the 1600 gang do their business, I'll be happy.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1400734)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It'll be great, to be sure.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1401164)   #4
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And what with all the non-Formula Ford racing, there will be plenty of time to get a pint in the Kentigon.

I couldn't beleive what I read on the "other website" that they were turning down FF1600's to allow all this array of other categories. Are we actually gonna get that much Formula Ford action down there???????
Old 7 Sep 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1401287)   #5
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How big will the Zetec grid be this year? Is there FF teams from around Europe still going to go?
Old 7 Sep 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1401313)   #6
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess a few Dutch, Scandinavian and French. Doubt there will be Belgians or German.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1401354)   #7
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't think its the right place for the radicals that's just my point of view the meeting should cater for all the formula ford catergory's afterall that's what the meeting is supposed to be about.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1401388)   #8
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
chucking out the pre-82s and allowing in the Radicals seems senseless.

they'll be wanting the garages next!
Old 7 Sep 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1401391)   #9
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
I bet the FF 1600's don't get a sniff of the garages..............
Old 7 Sep 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1401393)   #10
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let's be clear - the Radical races have been planned for some time, and the Pre 1982 race was only suggested quite late. But for some reason having allowed Andy Hodson to make the effort to find a very healthy entry, the BRSCC then decided that there was not enough room for them.

I suspect the Radicals will be more lucrative than a Pre 1982 FF1600 race, and that is the main thing.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1401396)   #11
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy
I bet the FF 1600's don't get a sniff of the garages..............
Were the garages ever used in the Festival heyday? I don't know because I wasn't there...
Old 7 Sep 2005, 14:58 (Ref:1401436)   #12
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Let's be clear - the Radical races have been planned for some time, and the Pre 1982 race was only suggested quite late. But for some reason having allowed Andy Hodson to make the effort to find a very healthy entry, the BRSCC then decided that there was not enough room for them.

I suspect the Radicals will be more lucrative than a Pre 1982 FF1600 race, and that is the main thing.

The main thing is it's a Formula Ford festival for Formula Fords.

I bet if you count the numbers, there are as many alternative cars racing as there are Formula Fords.

What we really want is a meeting at some point during the season that is exclusively Formula Fords.

Possibly a summer event at Oulton as discussed in a previous Thread

Imagine 150 Formula Fords over a two day meeting. Brilliant.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1401439)   #13
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I can't decide whether you picked up the note of irony in my post or not...

I would expect there to be comfortably more other cars racing than Formula Fords - I suspect that there was last year.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1401478)   #14
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Let's be clear - the Radical races have been planned for some time, and the Pre 1982 race was only suggested quite late.
Sorry, I rather misunderstood Walshy's post...
Old 7 Sep 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1401498)   #15
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Quote:
I can't decide whether you picked up the note of irony in my post or not...

I would expect there to be comfortably more other cars racing than Formula Fords - I suspect that there was last year.

Old 7 Sep 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1401580)   #16
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I,m just not a fan of enduro races with the exception of the brit gt.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1403127)   #17
DALY
Racer

DALY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year Jeremy Howkins has been appointed by the BRSCC as the FFFestival co-ordinator. He is to chase up as many entries as possible, ensure that all competitors get a good race meeting put together.

Walshy, 150 formula fords at a "festival" type meeting would be excellent, however are you aware of the circuit rental costs? Say Brands, that would be £300 per entry, before the MSA, Doctors, time keepers, recovery etc etc have had their bits.

With reference to "other" races, the calendar slot was allocated back in January, it would be foolish to take a gamble on "spare" race slots when event costs are so high. The pre 82 runners are very welcome to join in the FF1600 races.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1403320)   #18
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We've got 3 cars out at the festival. Rob Sunderland, Sarah Playfair and confirmed yesterday, Stevie Morris (Rick's son)
Old 12 Sep 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1405702)   #19
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
150 FF cars over a two day meeting.....
Isn't that what the Walter Hayes Trophy could provide ?
Old 12 Sep 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1405804)   #20
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
You'll have to make it very attractive to the drivers James. Have you given that any thought?
Old 13 Sep 2005, 08:43 (Ref:1406445)   #21
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
That's quite right Mr B, but I was referring to the Festival at Brands.

In it's very title, it states that it is a Formula Ford festival. So why there are as many, if not more alternative races is beyond me.

It has been muted that we also have a summer Festival at Oulton (slap bang in the middle of the Isle - if you include Scotland). Just Formula Fords. Nothing else. You only have to listen to a large number of the Marshals to realise this is what many many people would like to see.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1406550)   #22
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy
It has been muted that we also have a summer Festival at Oulton... Just Formula Fords. Nothing else. You only have to listen to a large number of the Marshals to realise this is what many many people would like to see.
Goody, goody, if this happens I'll be there.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1406583)   #23
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALY
This year Jeremy Howkins has been appointed by the BRSCC as the FFFestival co-ordinator. He is to chase up as many entries as possible, ensure that all competitors get a good race meeting put together.
So what evidence is there that Jeremy Howkins has got his finger on the pulse? Put it this way - as editor of the site where most FF1600 people get their FF1600 news, I hadn't heard of the appointment by any official BRSCC means, and I haven't heard from Jeremy himself.

On the other hand, I have regular communication from James Beckett of the BRDC. James was also at Mondello on Sunday drumming up even more interest for his event.

Probably tells you all you need to know about the effort each organisation is putting in...
Old 13 Sep 2005, 12:50 (Ref:1406653)   #24
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So what evidence is there that Jeremy Howkins has got his finger on the pulse? Put it this way - as editor of the site where most FF1600 people get their FF1600 news, I hadn't heard of the appointment by any official BRSCC means, and I haven't heard from Jeremy himself.
Snap
I had heard of Jeremy whatsisname only shortly before he was mentioned on here. Why had I heard of him? Because one of my drivers mailed me on another matter and stuck this paragraph in at the end
Quote:
Today I've received the attached from Jeremy Howkins. It's so little so late and I've such little faith that they'd listen I'm not sure I can be bothered to put them straight. It would also be a long letter!
To date, I have received no correspondence from the good Mr Howkins myself - and I am supposed to be an FF1600 legend for chrissake!
Old 14 Sep 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1407763)   #25
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
James exists in more than one dimension cos he's at every FF1600 event that runs