Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 15 Sep 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1408355)   #51
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSands
Given that Combe has set up its own club and Brands is doing likewise is it not inevitable that the Brands one will expand to be an MSV one?
As I understand it from here the BHRC were the official Organising Club for a Caterham meeting at Cadwell last weekend, so it looks like that is certainly happening.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1408361)   #52
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why off topic? It's all relevant to whats happening in the NWFF
Old 15 Sep 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1408369)   #53
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy
That would be great Chris, but the circuit would have to recognise your club. The BRSCC have been going there since the year dot, yet they have lost race dates. If they can't get their quota, what makes you think a new club is gonna get a share of the pie?.

The only way in would be to offer more money to MSV for the use of Oulton, but that would be defeating the object as we want to bring entry fees down.

Besides which, the point has already been made. The BRSCC practically have rights to FF1600. The only way to do it would be to set it up under another name, but you still have to get your club accepted by the circuits and if you pulled away from the BRSCC, why would they let you race on one of their given race days????????

As I've said previously, people are messing and meddling too much. The drivers enjoy what we have. The officials enjoy what we have. And the few that come to watch appear to enjoy what they see. Why make sweeping changes.
I have not had time to read on so this may have been covered but that is rubbish Chris, why would you need to do a deal with the circuit? If I own the Formula 1600 club and I have 60 drivers I do a deal with BARC for a 1 hour slot on there already booked day. No need to even speak to MSV. You say to BARC. FFC want 1 hour and we will pay you £150 x 60 for that running time. With many classes running under 15 per race they would snap your hand off IMO
Old 15 Sep 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1408383)   #54
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
I have not had time to read on so this may have been covered but that is rubbish Chris, why would you need to do a deal with the circuit? If I own the Formula 1600 club and I have 60 drivers I do a deal with BARC for a 1 hour slot on there already booked day. No need to even speak to MSV. You say to BARC. FFC want 1 hour and we will pay you £150 x 60 for that running time. With many classes running under 15 per race they would snap your hand off IMO
Don't mince your words mate....

Why is that rubbish. Do you really think BARC members would be happy if they pushed one of their races aside to allow us in. Don't forget, nobody will know the numbers for a given meeting at the start of the season when the calender is agreed. So BARC let us in to the detriment of one of their own Championships and then we turn up with 15 cars and they have to cover us. Do you think they would invite us again.

And don't say we will get more cars, because you don't know. None of us know the answer to that. If we could guarantee 60 cars, great, but we can't and you would have to give them these assurances at the start of the year. The only reason TCAR is tolerated is because their Championship pays a huge subsidey to the BRSCC. Or so I have been led to believe.

If we had to deal with MSV direct, they could close the door because they are running their own series in direct competition with ours.....

Maybe you should have read the Thread before posting.....
Old 15 Sep 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1408419)   #55
jimbomit
Racer

England
Cheshire
jimbomit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry to return the comment but that's rubbish!!! Oulton is in demand as a circuit and a lot of clubs want to race there, it's a prime slot. If we only wanted one race slot we'd be struggling but with 60 cars we'd be after two!!

Somewhere between Bob hope and no hope springs to mind (Oh and Bob's dead so you can work out what that leaves!!!)

When the Classic boys shifted, if memory serves me right, they had to run for a year between BRSCC and BARC while BARC sorted out a program for them. This was the only way they got to go to the circuits they visit.

However the BARC series tend to travel a lot rather than be based at single venues and they generally race the same series together. That means we'd need to bump a differnt regular race series each time BARC had Oulton. . . it ain't going to happen bud!!

Still what do you want to stay at Oulton for with a lovely new motorhome??!!!
Old 15 Sep 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1408453)   #56
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:
Don't mince your words mate....

Why is that rubbish. Do you really think BARC members would be happy if they pushed one of their races aside to allow us in. Don't forget, nobody will know the numbers for a given meeting at the start of the season when the calender is agreed. So BARC let us in to the detriment of one of their own Championships and then we turn up with 15 cars and they have to cover us. Do you think they would invite us again.

And don't say we will get more cars, because you don't know. None of us know the answer to that. If we could guarantee 60 cars, great, but we can't and you would have to give them these assurances at the start of the year. The only reason TCAR is tolerated is because their Championship pays a huge subsidey to the BRSCC. Or so I have been led to believe.

If we had to deal with MSV direct, they could close the door because they are running their own series in direct competition with ours.....

Maybe you should have read the Thread before posting.....

Again you are wrong Chris,

Why would MSV give a toss? They just sell the day to the club and I am sure the BRSCC could run an Emu race if they wanted to? If you want more dates you WILL have to race with other clubs. Even if we don't know the numbers you can look back over the last few years and see a patten that shows we have strong numbers. So it is like any business deal....if the numbers stack up then a deal can be reached.

If you look at our sister championship (based mainly at OP) the Northern Sports and Saloon car championship, they are run by the BARC but also run a number of times with the BRSCC so they can increase there OP activity. This is all Greenboy is asking for. The NSSC also runs at Croft and Cadwell for the odd round and look at the numbers they get when they leave there "home" - OP

If the BARC have a good deal with the BRSCC to run the races at each others days then a deal can be done for FF1600 where we can gurantee at least 40 cars or even more importantly - £7,000 of revenue.......

At the first BARC meeting at OP this year they only ran 6 Championships with entries -

1) 16
2) 17
3) 24
4) 16
5) 15
6) 29 (legends)

They would snap your hand off to run a couple of other races with £7k worth of revenue...
Old 15 Sep 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1408507)   #57
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Quote:
Again you are wrong Chris,

Why would MSV give a toss? They just sell the day to the club and I am sure the BRSCC could run an Emu race if they wanted to? If you want more dates you WILL have to race with other clubs. Even if we don't know the numbers you can look back over the last few years and see a patten that shows we have strong numbers. So it is like any business deal....if the numbers stack up then a deal can be reached.

If you look at our sister championship (based mainly at OP) the Northern Sports and Saloon car championship, they are run by the BARC but also run a number of times with the BRSCC so they can increase there OP activity. This is all Greenboy is asking for. The NSSC also runs at Croft and Cadwell for the odd round and look at the numbers they get when they leave there "home" - OP

If the BARC have a good deal with the BRSCC to run the races at each others days then a deal can be done for FF1600 where we can gurantee at least 40 cars or even more importantly - £7,000 of revenue.......

At the first BARC meeting at OP this year they only ran 6 Championships with entries -

1) 16
2) 17
3) 24
4) 16
5) 15
6) 29 (legends)

They would snap your hand off to run a couple of other races with £7k worth of revenue...
Yoru winding me up now. Why am I wrong???????

I am giving an opinion. Not laying down fact. As you can't. Guessing race entries is like guessing if it will snow on Christmas Day.

The Moose Trophy was going to have at least 100 drivers going off our 60+ oon the 30th July, but instead, they have 40. BRSCC and BARC do swap rounds and Championships, but we would not be in the loop and they already fill race day programs. They may only have races with 15 cars in, but they are fully paid members of that club. We would not be.

I see where you are coming from. We need to force the issue and self promote, but who is gonna do that. Most drivers are too lazy to do anything other than race (sorry if your not included in this, but it's true). Why would these racing clubs want us? We would have left them because we thought they were doing a bad job, so why do us a favour.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1408529)   #58
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Why would MSV give a toss? They just sell the day to the club and I am sure the BRSCC could run an Emu race"

JP does give a toss and stated he wants good races with full grids at his circuits hence MSV FF1600 and the MSV organising club

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 15 Sep 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1408670)   #59
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayFF
"Why would MSV give a toss? They just sell the day to the club and I am sure the BRSCC could run an Emu race"

JP does give a toss and stated he wants good races with full grids at his circuits hence MSV FF1600 and the MSV organising club
You can't win the two tyres twice John

JP has CLOUT of that there is no DOUBT.

Getting a date on the MSA calendar at Cadwell for the BHRC [Sat 10th Sep] at the very last minute, then getting the rest of the meeting arranged and staffed - in what appears to be a fortnight total - shows what the good Doctor can achieve. Whether you, or I, could have managed it I very much doubt. Far too many obstacles to be overcome.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1409192)   #60
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I can't understand is why those who have continually made similar comments on here for years don't try to get involved with the club at board level.

If you feel that strongly, get involved and make the changes for the better.

How many of those here actually attended the last AGM, in Northampton?
Old 16 Sep 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1409201)   #61
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
That's why we have a representative John.

If you have any issues or questions regarding the Championship, you pass them to Mike Waite and he attends the meetings. He is the drivers representative.

Saves turning up on mass at the meetings and Mike is a very good candidate as what he doesn't know about FF isn't worth knowing.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 19:24 (Ref:1409555)   #62
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
That's why we have a representative John.

If you have any issues or questions regarding the Championship, you pass them to Mike Waite and he attends the meetings. He is the drivers representative.

Saves turning up on mass at the meetings and Mike is a very good candidate as what he doesn't know about FF isn't worth knowing.
But he isn't very tall is he ???
Old 17 Sep 2005, 23:18 (Ref:1410122)   #63
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
You can't win the two tyres twice John

JP has CLOUT of that there is no DOUBT.

Getting a date on the MSA calendar at Cadwell for the BHRC [Sat 10th Sep] at the very last minute, then getting the rest of the meeting arranged and staffed - in what appears to be a fortnight total - shows what the good Doctor can achieve. Whether you, or I, could have managed it I very much doubt. Far too many obstacles to be overcome.
You can win them twice but it's those hard working lovely helpful gorgeous marshals that vote for you

Old 18 Sep 2005, 05:47 (Ref:1410183)   #64
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trying to win some more, John?
Old 18 Sep 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1410244)   #65
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Trying to win some more, John?
What makes you think that??

Old 18 Sep 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1410685)   #66
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhart
What a shame the championships couldnt have been decided this weekend at Oulton in front of the marshalls and Brscc NW members who have supported the series all season, the King of Kents/ Moose could have gone to Croft instead!.........NW means North West .
Diz NW circuits are what we want so how about a round at Spa for next year as its in the NW.

We would have a minimum of 40 cars and Green boy would go.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1410722)   #67
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
NO Alan that would be EAST.

Northern Ireland would be North West - You can't get more Northwest in the UK than that. If you go any further you would be in either Greenland or Canada.

I would be up for a Kirkistown round. You've got to admit, the Irish championship has supported many of the NW rounds and despite my open invitation to all to go over and do the NI festival, I was the only one to make the trip.

Anyone up for doing the festival in NI next year????????????
Old 18 Sep 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1410731)   #68
greenboy
Rookie

greenboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where's Spar???
Old 18 Sep 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1410735)   #69
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its next to the post office by you Dave. Lee Spa is NW europe.

I think I will next year Lee as it is less than a mile for me to drive to Ireland.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1410812)   #70
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayFF
What makes you think that??
Dunno, just a wild guess.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1410818)   #71
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nose
Its next to the post office by you Dave. Lee Spa is NW europe.

I think I will next year Lee as it is less than a mile for me to drive to Ireland.
Alan, I know where Spa is.......but NW Europe is to the East of us here in Blighty.

Good to hear you will make the trip, we'll have to get together and see how many we can get to join us. They will make everyone more than welcome, the scottish mini's did a round there last year and returned again this year. They like the LAID BACK ways and helpfulness of the club and track officials.

Anyone else up for it? If enough of us want to go I'm sure I could negotiate cheap testing with the circuit and also cheap ferries with Cliff Dempsey. B+B's and hotels are around, I stay at one where JEB stays, they have quite a few rooms and a self catering bungalow in the grounds. I know the owner and could probably get good rates on the rooms with EARLY booking. We'll have to await the festival date from Kirkistown though.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1410857)   #72
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by heel'n'toe-no
Alan, I know where Spa is.......but NW Europe is to the East of us here in Blighty.

Good to hear you will make the trip, we'll have to get together and see how many we can get to join us. They will make everyone more than welcome, the scottish mini's did a round there last year and returned again this year. They like the LAID BACK ways and helpfulness of the club and track officials.

Anyone else up for it? If enough of us want to go I'm sure I could negotiate cheap testing with the circuit and also cheap ferries with Cliff Dempsey. B+B's and hotels are around, I stay at one where JEB stays, they have quite a few rooms and a self catering bungalow in the grounds. I know the owner and could probably get good rates on the rooms with EARLY booking. We'll have to await the festival date from Kirkistown though.
I've been loads of times - having taken Formula E over for a few years. All the drivers used to enjoy it - a couple of dozen mainlanders aren't half made welcome over there.

I was going to post the above, but decided not to [but forgot to delete it] as I'll only end up being accused of trying to turn the NW Championship into an Irish Championship with an away round at Oulton Park.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1410863)   #73
Redracer77
Veteran

I dont think the NW championship should have a round in Ireland but I have looked at the Irish Festival the last couple of years but for one thing or another I have not made it as yet. I did try to do it this year but Infiniti couldn't make it.

I will like to have a go next year but depends on the date.

I think I would learn a great deal as the Irish is without doubt the fastest championship in Great Britain at the moment
Old 18 Sep 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1410867)   #74
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
I don't know how true it is and no doubt someone will correct me, but I was told that FF1600 in Ireland is on a par with Formula 3 in the UK regards time and investment.

If that's the case, you can see why some of these lads are flippin' quick.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1410874)   #75
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know how true it is and no doubt someone will correct me, but I was told that FF1600 in Ireland is on a par with Formula 3 in the UK regards time and investment.

If that's the case, you can see why some of these lads are flippin' quick.
I can't imagine Pete (or Cliff!) spent £500k doing MSV this year!!