Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 22 Jul 2004, 06:17 (Ref:1042862)   #1
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Birthday Forum

I was wondering if there had ever been any consideration to having a dedicated "Happy Birthday" forum, as it seems more and more we want to wish members a Happy Birthday but there doesn't really seem to be a most suitable place to do it. Parc Ferme is being used the most which is no problem but it does seem to be getting rather over run with birthday threads at the mo and I thought maybe we could create a whole new forum to send birthday wishes rather than tying up other forums - although I suppose birthdays don't have a lot to do with motorsport !
Old 22 Jul 2004, 06:36 (Ref:1042871)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I think you answered your own question in the end
Old 22 Jul 2004, 07:38 (Ref:1042896)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Birthday Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by bacon sandwich
I was wondering if there had ever been any consideration to having a dedicated "Happy Birthday" forum, as it seems more and more we want to wish members a Happy Birthday but there doesn't really seem to be a most suitable place to do it. Parc Ferme is being used the most which is no problem but it does seem to be getting rather over run with birthday threads at the mo and I thought maybe we could create a whole new forum to send birthday wishes rather than tying up other forums - although I suppose birthdays don't have a lot to do with motorsport !
Well you miserable old bat!!!!

There are 12000 members on the forum, a lot of them are mates and we have PF for off topic threads. If there were a day when thirty birthday threads were posted we might have to amalgamate them but if there's only one or two why not keep them thus?

*Note to Wrex*.

No Bacon Sandwich birthday thread next year.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 16:14 (Ref:1043600)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed - don't look a gift horse in the mouth...
Old 25 Jul 2004, 23:22 (Ref:1047150)   #5
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
Peter
I didn't mean that at all - you made my day putting a thread for my birthday on Parc Ferme - that was my point that because we want to all wish each other happy birthday - could we have a forum just for this - but as Wrex says - I answered my own question - sorry if I offended - didn't mean to - I like wishing everyone Happy Birthday - especially when I get it in return (17th July 2005 - the big 30!)
Wasn't meaning to be miserable - honest!
Old 26 Jul 2004, 18:34 (Ref:1048036)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You've done it now bacon. You've got Peters back up.

Next you know he'll go on a rampage in his Ford Capri and bring havoc to your miserable existence.

MWAHAHA.

Old 27 Jul 2004, 18:25 (Ref:1049064)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd just like to point out that today is my non-birthday.

Perhaps we could have a non-birthday forum.........?
Old 27 Jul 2004, 19:17 (Ref:1049110)   #8
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
What I meant was that I thought it would be nice to have a members birthday forum say within parc ferme - so that we could all wish each other the said greetings without using so many threads in parc ferme - but I wish I hadn't started it and I will shut up now.
I think the birthday threads are great Peter - honest!
Old 27 Jul 2004, 19:33 (Ref:1049122)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by bacon sandwich
What I meant was that I thought it would be nice to have a members birthday forum say within parc ferme - so that we could all wish each other the said greetings without using so many threads in parc ferme - but I wish I hadn't started it and I will shut up now.
I think the birthday threads are great Peter - honest!
Would you like to put that shovel down or do you want to keep on digging?
Old 27 Jul 2004, 22:07 (Ref:1049265)   #10
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Dont worry yourself Bacon, while this idea is'nt a winner exactly the next one could be, so dont hesitate to give us feedback.
Old 28 Jul 2004, 05:43 (Ref:1049448)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there