Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Mar 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3046786)   #1376
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Finished the main project today,

now I can go on to doing the garage extension for the new toy.
Attached Thumbnails
aviary finished.jpg  
Old 22 Mar 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3046813)   #1377
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks really nice Tim,do you think it might a little draughty next winter though??
Old 22 Mar 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3046817)   #1378
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Looks really nice Tim,do you think it might a little draughty next winter though??
Nah, I've put her bed in the back corner.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3046950)   #1379
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plenty of straw and a bucket I hope?
Old 23 Mar 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3047072)   #1380
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a gorgeous day here in glorious Wiltshire, makes you glad to be alive. So glorious that I'm switching on the voicemail and if anyone wants me I'll be in the garden underneath the Winter Project :-)

So nearly ready for the 360, yet s-o-o-o far away.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3047243)   #1381
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
a quick spring project . . . clened up and restored my Le Cruesuet frying pan yesterday . . . new handle fitted, now back to flame orange in colour and still going strong at the ripe old age of 32.
Old 24 Mar 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3047392)   #1382
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
a quick spring project . . . clened up and restored my Le Cruesuet frying pan yesterday . . . now back to flame orange in colour and still going strong at the ripe old age of 32.
Ah, I see now how you high achievers manage to complete so many "projects". In my house we call that "washing up"
Old 25 Mar 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3048115)   #1383
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've been using it with no handle for over ten years!

have taken posession of another lock up this weekend, sorted door and locks, moved all scooters and bikes into it, then used the space to strip and re-prep the front valance on the crustina, I had no idea it was 1/4" thick with filler, god knows why, so I sanded it all off . . . primed, ready to flat off in the morning and a fresh coat of Bermuda blue. time for a cool beer in the sun now me thinks
Old 29 Mar 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3050449)   #1384
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Joe,hang on a minuit was that not a Jimmy Hendrix tune. Any way Joe what is a Li 150 worth. All in bits the guy wants me to make him an offer.???
Old 29 Mar 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3050625)   #1385
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ah, I see now how you high achievers manage to complete so many "projects". In my house we call that "washing up"

Isnt it time to close the "winter project thread" now and actually go racing ?

Rudolf
Old 29 Mar 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3050654)   #1386
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Rudolph : yes

Iain : series 1-2 or slimstyle series 3? generally start at 3-500, and assuming its a real Italian one and all there, without significant tin worm its worth up to a grand as a project.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3050666)   #1387
jonnytuna
Rookie

jonnytuna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Isnt it time to close the "winter project thread" now and actually go racing ?

Rudolf
Before we do here's next Winter's project.... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333063116.939674.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	36525

And this year's has become a spring project Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333063265.520061.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	36527 but should be on the grid at Silverstone...
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333063141.967048.jpg  
Old 30 Mar 2012, 06:09 (Ref:3050710)   #1388
midgetman
Veteran

Rudernst, I have a slightly later season start date than you so my car is scheduled to be finished 7th May. What's that? The 360 is 6th? Houston, we have a problem!
Old 30 Mar 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3051032)   #1389
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking of spring projects, finally picked the E-type shell up from the paintshop today. Qualifying in 5 weeks' time......
Attached Thumbnails
2012-03-30 14.35.55.jpg  
Old 31 Mar 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3051130)   #1390
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think you might have to adjust the ride height a tad Colin.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3051200)   #1391
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rolled the Porsche out yesterday having now completed the numerous upgrades and lightening over the winter. More original lightweight luggage trays, wider inner arches, rear framing, lights, tow straps, engine cover, filler caps, etc. Anything to try to redress the extra weight of the blasted silencers and my extra winter bulk !!!!!!!
The engine started first time and i am booked in for the rolling road to fine tune next Tuesday. Nick Fulljames has certainly done a fine rebuild on it following the disaster of the 360 meeting last year, and i just hope i can still pedal it along OK.

Oh, the dog. I,ve told him if he nicks anything else out of the workshop when my back is turned he is going to be taken round as spare silencer packing !!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05671.jpg   DSC05637.jpg   DSC05670.jpg  

Old 31 Mar 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3051388)   #1392
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Rolled the Porsche out yesterday having now completed the numerous upgrades and lightening over the winter. More original lightweight luggage trays, wider inner arches, rear framing, lights, tow straps, engine cover, filler caps, etc. Anything to try to redress the extra weight of the blasted silencers and my extra winter bulk !!!!!!!
The engine started first time and i am booked in for the rolling road to fine tune next Tuesday. Nick Fulljames has certainly done a fine rebuild on it following the disaster of the 360 meeting last year, and i just hope i can still pedal it along OK.

Oh, the dog. I,ve told him if he nicks anything else out of the workshop when my back is turned he is going to be taken round as spare silencer packing !!
He sure does not look very happy.If you fancy a run down to Henley on Thames June 3rd we sure would love to have the Porsche on display with your dog as well.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3051488)   #1393
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Think you might have to adjust the ride height a tad Colin.
I'm going for a harder set up this year!
Old 1 Apr 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3051568)   #1394
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I'm going for a harder set up this year!
And it looks like four wheel steer, mind you I would be careful of kerb hopping with that setup
Old 1 Apr 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3051698)   #1395
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
He sure does not look very happy.If you fancy a run down to Henley on Thames June 3rd we sure would love to have the Porsche on display with your dog as well.
Delta,

i would have liked that very much and you could have had a drive in her, but of all the days that your show is on it clashes with a huge family reunion (250+) that has been organised for a long time.

Guess though where i would sooner be ??
Old 2 Apr 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3052076)   #1396
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
OK thanks. I will give you plenty of notice for 2013.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3052456)   #1397
midgetman
Veteran

I had the Winter Project out at Donington today, nice to see Grant who gave us all moral support.

Grant, when I got back I jumped in and drove it off the trailer - clearly only one solution

IT'S THE COIL!!!!!
Old 3 Apr 2012, 05:53 (Ref:3052679)   #1398
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I had the Winter Project out at Donington today, nice to see Grant who gave us all moral support.

Grant, when I got back I jumped in and drove it off the trailer - clearly only one solution

IT'S THE COIL!!!!!
Nope its never the coil
Old 3 Apr 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3052840)   #1399
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
I've got a 21 year old who is living proof that sometimes it is the coil
Old 3 Apr 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3052857)   #1400
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I've got a 21 year old who is living proof that sometimes it is the coil