Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Dec 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3347155)   #101
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
If Bernies not on holiday at her majesties pleasure I'm sure he's still got you on speed dial Iain.

My 2014 calendar currently has 3 gigs and a scooter rally in France next to a small race circuit. Time to dust off the TV175
Old 23 Dec 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3347159)   #102
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
looking at the various calenders it seems there is some good racing to be had without leaving these shores and therefore more importantly any need to get an expensive international licence, Spa 6 Hour still a Nat A race....

HSCC calender looks like the main recipient of my racing next year along with the 72nd Meeting and the 6 Hour
Old 23 Dec 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3347220)   #103
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon,
A good choice, the HSCC 2014 fixture list : reading the Season's Championship Reviews in the latest HSCC mag., I was struck by the enormous breadth of appeal.

At the end of 2012, I looked at the cost of Foreign Adventures (like Dijon, Spa, Monza, Nurburgring) all of which I enjoyed greatly and just concluded it was getting too much. So 2013 was a domestic HSCC year as will be 2014.
Nick
Old 26 Dec 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3347947)   #104
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, HSCC, Masters and MRL now plugged in. Will get to more later this week.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3347981)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
CTCRC and HRDC added.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3348052)   #106
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Peter, really useful calendar
Old 27 Dec 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3348108)   #107
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No probs, I just needed a bit of time.
Old 27 Dec 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3348124)   #108
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is worth mentioning that the HRDC races listed are just that and they are not the meeting organisers as HRDC tag onto other clubs like AMR.
Old 27 Dec 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3348129)   #109
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Obviously.
Old 27 Dec 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3348134)   #110
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peter, thanks for all your hard work.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3348511)   #111
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No probs Mike. I bought a swoopy new laptop running Windows 8.1 and it whizzes along like there's no tomorrow so it took very little time. However, if I've missed any events or clubs please let me know and I'll plug them in.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3348526)   #112
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Added FISCAR dates. http://fiscar.org/
Old 29 Dec 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3348530)   #113
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done, and thanks, Peter
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3348741)   #114
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Bing translation of part article on a Monza website. No Coppa Intereuropa for 2014?

"If we consider that in all likelihood also the Cup not held Historic Intereuropa and that organizers of the Superstars have declared bankruptcy in recent days (at Monza, to see the V8 cars there were tens of thousands of people in 2013), 2014 calendar could lead to Monza only Blancpain GT, GT, Formula one, Italian Speed Championship and Rally.
In the coming weeks should be issued a first draft of the calendar, there are other surprises in anticipation"?
http://www.monza-news.it/motori/altr...e-ideeae-10967
Old 30 Dec 2013, 06:38 (Ref:3348808)   #115
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I think that was on the cards after this year.

Poor attendence by competitors, even worse by spectators. Plus (allegedly) massive fees demanded by the circuit from series organisers for the privilege of racing there....

Shame.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 08:01 (Ref:3349107)   #116
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Also the very poor treatmant towards us mechanics . Pit crew . Truckies. Ect . But as Mike said great shame still favorate place for me
Old 31 Dec 2013, 11:04 (Ref:3349143)   #117
Robert Farrell
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Also the very poor treatmant towards us mechanics . Pit crew . Truckies. Ect . But as Mike said great shame still favorate place for me
I agree entirely. Monza is second to none for the atmospherics and the actual track. But when you are dispatched to an overcrowded "Camping Diabolica"(Parabolica) with one non functioning bog and very little functioning electricity. You think twice before returning. Especially when a vast F1 standard paddock is left standing 90% empty.
Other "Classic Festival" organisers would do well to take note.
If you alienate the performers you end up without a show.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3349165)   #118
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Farrell View Post
I agree entirely. Monza is second to none for the atmospherics and the actual track. But when you are dispatched to an overcrowded "Camping Diabolica"(Parabolica) with one non functioning bog and very little functioning electricity. You think twice before returning. Especially when a vast F1 standard paddock is left standing 90% empty.
Other "Classic Festival" organisers would do well to take note.
If you alienate the performers you end up without a show.
Yes to all that! Although to be fair I think this year there was more than one loo- but no showers except those in garages or other end of paddock.

Funniest thing was to be told "no cycling" between paddock and 'camping'. Roaring about on scooter without helmet OK, though! After about ten trips on cycle with tools and spares security gave up telling me.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3349220)   #119
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ah yes Monza ,I forgot to tell the story to you at the Ace . As its not happening next year I will take a gamble. So I'm at Monza running a customer in FF2000 car in a German FFord championship. Last race on Saturday, anyway time table got behind and race gets postponed to the Sunday morning. My driver has to fly back to the UK for work, "brain surgen ". So what to do. pack up and go home or do as I'm asked race the car myself. Ah well not raced at Monza for a couple of years and not !!! signed on and not !!!! qualified as well. Hmmmmmm. Well I said to the organiser about all this and all I get is " no problem Iron its no problem .Still a bit concerned I say well I had better start at the back of the grid, Then I get the " no problem Iron absolutely no problem Iron just start from the qualifying position which was P7. Anyway cut a long story short and off I go a bit carefull for a couple of laps then start getting pushed on by some of the quick FF1600 cars, had a good old ding dong with another FF2000 ,pull my finger out get passed him ,but I think he broke down. Take the chequered flag to finnish P2. Amaized but fantastic to be on the podium at Monza.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3349228)   #120
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Brilliant.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3349256)   #121
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant story Iain. No way it could happen in the UK, it shows why we all prefer to race where a can do attitude prevails
Old 2 Jan 2014, 08:59 (Ref:3349609)   #122
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Brilliant story Iain. No way it could happen in the UK, it shows why we all prefer to race where a can do attitude prevails
What? The M4?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 09:59 (Ref:3349620)   #123
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Purl-ease, the M4 is no place at all to race my car. What do you take me for?

...I use the A4 because it's twister
Old 6 Jan 2014, 09:00 (Ref:3350832)   #124
Robert Farrell
Racer

Preparation for 2014 is moving slowly along.
My fire extinguisher is being re-stickered as I write
My racewear is up to date.
The seat passes as original.
Annoyingly I have to replace a set of "Mint" Scroth seatbelts simply because the date label says so!!
Always aware that the FIA has a habit of sneaking in subtle changes and that the various national associations have been known to re-interpret existing regulations.
Have I missed anything??
Old 8 Jan 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3351694)   #125
Robert Farrell
Racer

Interesting paragraph fro GTSCC regulations.

Race durations will be as follows:
Silverstone: 60-minute race. Snetterton: 180-minute race.
Brands Hatch: 90-minute race. Portimao: 120-minute race

Two 3 Hours races at HSCC Snetterton meeting ?