Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jan 2024, 14:50 (Ref:4190515)   #26
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some green cars at Donington...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02921.jpg   DSC03030.jpg   DSC02935.jpg  

DSC03078.jpg   DSC03294.jpg   DSC03139.jpg  

Old 1 Jan 2024, 16:30 (Ref:4190519)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Great stuff, thanks! *

Can't help feeling the GT must be a bit schizophrenic with a "156" number
Who took the pictures EB?

* You should have said you like Alfas, I would never have guessed.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0594.JPG   _MG_0794.JPG   IMG_0650.JPG  

IMG_5697.JPG   IMG_6854.JPG   IMG_6855.JPG  

Old 1 Jan 2024, 16:32 (Ref:4190520)   #28
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
God to se you here, Percy, any Morgans?
Old 1 Jan 2024, 17:26 (Ref:4190523)   #29
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
First post of 2024. I did send you message Will . Hope Mum and Dad are well . ?
They are both well ta….Dad still trying to work out how to reply to your message!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Jan 2024, 18:19 (Ref:4190528)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Dad still trying to work out how to reply to your message!
Still trying to find the -now- last year gremlin of the race car?
Old 1 Jan 2024, 18:46 (Ref:4190535)   #31
percy
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
God to se you here, Percy, any Morgans?
I'll see if I can find some...
Old 1 Jan 2024, 18:56 (Ref:4190537)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
I'll see if I can find some...
May be you missed one syllable in the words PM: is it "guitare"? HNY.
Old 1 Jan 2024, 19:18 (Ref:4190538)   #33
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Who took the pictures EB?
Guilty as charged your honour!
Old 1 Jan 2024, 19:22 (Ref:4190539)   #34
percy
Racer

Here you go Bauble...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC03166.jpg   DSC03231.jpg   DSC00067.jpg  

DSC09760.jpg   0160DSC02119.jpg   DSC08567.jpg  

Old 1 Jan 2024, 19:36 (Ref:4190540)   #35
bauble
Veteran

England
Well done Percy, I will no longer be alone in posting pictures of an historic marque on the forum. Some people think I'm obsessed with them.
Old 1 Jan 2024, 19:37 (Ref:4190541)   #36
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Guilty as charged your honour!
You do surprise me.
Old 2 Jan 2024, 05:27 (Ref:4190570)   #37
Dougie
Rookie

United States
Pacific Northwest
Dougie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big Healey Vintage Racing - USA

Hello Bob & Crew -

Yes, I'm the driver of the Florida Green 1957 Austin Healey 100-6 MM # 414. I make it a point to seek out the photography staff working the events I compete at as I often write for the multiple car club magazines I belong to. I've raced my big Healey for nearly 20 years and have owned Austin Healeys for since my early years in college (mid-80's). Here's a few samples I've penned that share my passion for vintage racing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf D-4.Escriva Article Healey Racing.pdf (291.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf Healey Marque Article.pdf (2.94 MB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf Doug Escriva Article-2 (1).pdf (1.35 MB, 6 views)
'57 100-SIX MM #414 G2
Old 2 Jan 2024, 08:09 (Ref:4190576)   #38
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Very good reading, Doug, thanks. Surprised to see you compete in the wet and are allowed to wear an open face crash helmet. When you say "Being strapped in behind the wheel of a racecar requires the full use of four of your five senses, all functioning at theirhighest level. When it all goes right and you roll back into the pits and step out of the car, you’re usually floating two feet in the air" what is the fifth sense you're refering to? Sense of humor I guess (pictures from 2011).

Action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UlP09CtXTk
Old 2 Jan 2024, 08:32 (Ref:4190577)   #39
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
From Doug (about racing):

"It's as if you just kissed your future wife for the first time:bells ,whistles and fireworks."

Notes to myself:

1 Works with divorce too just replace fireworks with lawyer; 2 Following note #1:no need to get married to happily race a car; 3 Following notes #1 and #2: well kept secret!
Old 2 Jan 2024, 12:37 (Ref:4190592)   #40
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
Hello Bob & Crew -

Yes, I'm the driver of the Florida Green 1957 Austin Healey 100-6 MM # 414. I make it a point to seek out the photography staff working the events I compete at as I often write for the multiple car club magazines I belong to. I've raced my big Healey for nearly 20 years and have owned Austin Healeys for since my early years in college (mid-80's). Here's a few samples I've penned that share my passion for vintage racing.
Great stories Doug. Thanks for sharing. You mentioned in one of them about big Healeys downunder and yes there are a number around. Here is one that was easy to find in my photos. I have others I will have to dig through to find. A few other pics to make up the post
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3682 (2) - Copy.JPG   IMG_3609 (3) - Copy.JPG   IMG_3492 (3) - Copy.JPG  

IMG_3649 (2) - Copy.JPG   IMG_3726 (2).JPG   IMG_3717 (2).JPG  

Old 2 Jan 2024, 16:19 (Ref:4190605)   #41
bauble
Veteran

England
A few more English beauties.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0656 - Copy.JPG   Cal.jpg   IMG_0255 - Copy.JPG  

_MG_0827.JPG   _MG_0313 - Copy.JPG   IMG_1905.JPG  

Old 3 Jan 2024, 00:19 (Ref:4190640)   #42
bauble
Veteran

England
Another batch of camera magic;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0013.JPG   IMG_0159.JPG   _MG_0616.JPG  

_MG_0019.jpg   IMG_4828.JPG   IMG_0502.JPG  

Old 3 Jan 2024, 00:54 (Ref:4190645)   #43
Dougie
Rookie

United States
Pacific Northwest
Dougie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello EB -

Yes, I'm aware of a few fast big Healeys down under. A whole group Austin Healeys come over here a few years back to race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KxJbIq19kY
Attached Thumbnails
Peter Jackson '58 AH.jpg   Steve Pikes 3000 race Car.jpg   Paul Freestone RMMR 2022.jpeg  

'57 100-SIX MM #414 G2
Old 3 Jan 2024, 04:42 (Ref:4190650)   #44
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Another batch of camera magic;
Love the Hotchkiss I think it is. Certainly some magic stuff there the likes of which we dont get to see down here. Thanks. As always.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 06:55 (Ref:4190651)   #45
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
Hello EB -

Yes, I'm aware of a few fast big Healeys down under. A whole group Austin Healeys come over here a few years back to race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KxJbIq19kY
Interesting re the Aussie "Healey Trip" to your shores. Seems like it was a good trip enjoyed by all. I must confess back then my involvement with Historic Motor Sport was more Touring Car related but as years move on I get more involved with Sports car stuff. Nonetheless I had no idea of the trip you mention.

Great video as well.

FWIW The Healey Factory, mentioned in the video, is not too far (maybe 20 mins) from where I live... its quite an impressive and large all encompassing set up nowadays . Their site is impressive and must be at least a couple of acres in size. Note to self to take a drive there again to check its current status. Last time I looked their showroom had 'several dozen' cars of all brands and historic marques.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 13:24 (Ref:4190662)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
Dougie, a quick trawl through the archive came up with a few suitable pictures. You can find, and download, them here;
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iiERZWSzPKbk9B1M9

I will have more if you want them.*

Enjoy,

Bob.

*Other marques are available.

Oops! Try again.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Azi5gmG4b1XpUdC7

That's better.
Old 4 Jan 2024, 04:41 (Ref:4190722)   #47
bauble
Veteran

England
Can't sleep, so..
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1577.JPG   IMG_4523.JPG   IMG_1592.JPG  

_MG_0608.JPG   _MG_0300.JPG   _MG_0299.jpg  

Old 4 Jan 2024, 08:19 (Ref:4190725)   #48
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Can't sleep, so..
Thanks Bob for thinking of me having nothing online to look at in the middle of the day. One of my favourite eras of cars as well, the Connaught in particular being one of the best. .
Old 4 Jan 2024, 08:24 (Ref:4190726)   #49
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Together with the BRM may be?
Old 5 Jan 2024, 01:06 (Ref:4190818)   #50
bauble
Veteran

England
For you EB.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0294.jpg   IMG_5269.JPG   See Red b 173 2.JPG  

IMG_9350.JPG   IMG_9339.JPG   IMG_1699.JPG