Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2022 Repco Championship Series?
#2 Mobil 1 nti Nick Percat WAU Holden 1 4.55%
#3 CoolDrive Autoparts Tim Slade TBR Ford 0 0%
#4 SCT Logistics Jack Smith BJR Holden 0 0%
#5 TBC James Courtney Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Monster Energy Cameron Waters Tickford Ford 0 0%
#8 R&J Batteries Andre Heimgartner BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 Boost Mobile Will Brown Erebus Holden 2 9.09%
#10 Penrite Lee Holdsworth KGR Ford 0 0%
#11 Shell V-Power Anton De Pasquale DJR Ford 3 13.64%
#14 Middys Bryce Fullwood BJR Holden 0 0%
#17 Shell V-Power Will Davison DJR Ford 0 0%
#18 IRWIN Tools Mark Winterbottom T18 Holden 0 0%
#20 TBC Scott Pye T18 Holden 0 0%
#22 Coca Cola Chris Pither PremiAir Holden 0 0%
#25 Mobil 1 Optus Chaz Mostert WAU Holden 2 9.09%
#26 Penrite David Reynolds KGR Ford 0 0%
#34 Truck Assist Jack Le Brocq MSR Holden 0 0%
#35 Truck Assist Todd Hazelwood MSR Holden 1 4.55%
#55 Castrol Thomas Randle Tickford Ford 0 0%
#56 Tradie Jake Kostecki Tickford Ford 0 0%
#76 Subway Garry Jacobson PremiAir Holden 0 0%
#88 Red Bull Ampol Broc Feeney 888 Holden 0 0%
#96 Automotive Superstore Macauley Jones BJR Holden 0 0%
#97 Red Bull Ampol Shane van Gisbergen 888 Holden 13 59.09%
#99 Boost Mobile Brodie Kostecki Erebus Holden 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Jan 2022, 04:31 (Ref:4094517)   #276
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pither and Jacobson for Premiair

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/01/20...emiair-racing/
Old 20 Jan 2022, 04:36 (Ref:4094518)   #277
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
WOAHHHHHHHHHH Eat my words on Fabs not having a drive.
Does that mean Coke comes to PremiAir Racing now.
Money talks.

What a shame for Fabs.
No seats left now, am i right ???

As someone suggested FABs to WAU
Old 20 Jan 2022, 09:04 (Ref:4094531)   #278
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite a strange turn of events for Coulthard. Not that many years ago he was a solid number 2 at DJR Team Penske, getting podiums and wins and even a championship leader for some time, while today he's without a drive after a completely anonymous season spent in a very low-tier team. Theoretically he could have a few good years ahead of him but honestly I doubt he'll ever make it - not in a top team at least.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 21:20 (Ref:4094642)   #279
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Fabs has dropped his resume into WAU for a codriving slot for the Bathurst 1000.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 23:35 (Ref:4094651)   #280
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
With a lineup like that, it doesn't seem PremiAir Racing are interested in returning Tekno Motorsports to winning ways?
Old 21 Jan 2022, 03:24 (Ref:4094665)   #281
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
With a lineup like that, it doesn't seem PremiAir Racing are interested in returning Tekno Motorsports to winning ways?
I have to agree. Not sure about Garry's talent long term but Pither & Garry are not going to develop a car and take it to the front.

This feels like more of the same.
Old 21 Jan 2022, 03:52 (Ref:4094666)   #282
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Anyone notice PremiAir Racing "liked" everyone's negative comments on Facebook.

I just don't think both Garry and Chris will be top 15 contenders at best.

Without an experienced driver with in the ranks, they will always sit at the bottom. I like to be hopefull. But i just can't.
Old 21 Jan 2022, 04:38 (Ref:4094668)   #283
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Quite a strange turn of events for Coulthard. Not that many years ago he was a solid number 2 at DJR Team Penske, getting podiums and wins and even a championship leader for some time, while today he's without a drive after a completely anonymous season spent in a very low-tier team. Theoretically he could have a few good years ahead of him but honestly I doubt he'll ever make it - not in a top team at least.
You’d think it would be smart of the ARG element of RACE to find the $$$ to put Coulthard into a TCR seat for this year
Old 21 Jan 2022, 06:19 (Ref:4094670)   #284
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
You’d think it would be smart of the ARG element of RACE to find the $$$ to put Coulthard into a TCR seat for this year
Is it really that good for guys who are not really committed to the series showing up the regulars so easily? I would think they should focus on developing their own up and coming stars, like they did with Brown.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Jan 2022, 07:03 (Ref:4094671)   #285
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Coulthard does all the rounds, wouldn’t that make him a regular?

Dorna pulls strings to get out of work MotoGP riders into their other world championship, world superbikes, TCR is part of the Supercars stable now, use one to benefit the other.

A driver like Coulthard in the series only makes it better, I’m not sure how you could see any negative to it? Who cares if he beats Jordan Cox? Cox has to work harder to win the next one.
Old 21 Jan 2022, 07:06 (Ref:4094672)   #286
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
A driver like Coulthard in the series only makes it better, I’m not sure how you could see any negative to it? Who cares if he beats Jordan Cox? Cox has to work harder to win the next one.
I don't think Chaz, Holdsworth even Tony D dumping TCR over Supercar commitments was a good look at all.

Old 21 Jan 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4094673)   #287
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I don't think Chaz, Holdsworth even Tony D dumping TCR over Supercar commitments was a good look at all.
No doubt their supercars team contract has overriders pulling rank in case of secondary series they have been allowed to do clashes / interferes with their main gig. ie had Chaz got injured on the eve of Bathurst driving in a secondary series and was unable to start the main race you get main game sponsors and team owners getting upset. Rightfully IMHO. Get you priorities sorted and they come first regardless.
Old 21 Jan 2022, 07:43 (Ref:4094674)   #288
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
No doubt their supercars team contract has overriders pulling rank in case of secondary series they have been allowed to do clashes / interferes with their main gig. ie had Chaz got injured on the eve of Bathurst driving in a secondary series and was unable to start the main race you get main game sponsors and team owners getting upset. Rightfully IMHO
With Chaz genuinely understood, but much less so Holdsworth and zero understanding for Tony D. I get the codrive is important but he has been flying the flag full time for 2 years as the "official" Honda team and I looked at it as a slap in the face for him not to run.

Old 21 Jan 2022, 09:55 (Ref:4094682)   #289
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Jesus. What a miserable state motor racing in Australia is in when you get two supposed fans moaning over nothing. Even inventing concerns or negative points.
Old 21 Jan 2022, 10:23 (Ref:4094688)   #290
one five five
Veteran

Quote:

It wasn’t, but under normal circumstances TCR wasn’t going to be on the support bill for the 1000, and they aren’t on the same bill at any 2022 events, Covid pending obviously.

Bearing that in mind, the more drivers people “know” the better no matter what else they are doing. Why does TCR need to develop its own “stars” when they have the same owner as Supercars? Shouldn’t RACE be developing the stars and sprinkling them across all their categories for all their benefit?
Old 21 Jan 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4094732)   #291
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's a shame what happened there. I just hope TCR finds a better solution, as it doesn't seem to know what direction it's going atm. It's still in Supercars shadow.

That said I don't blame it for trying to get the star drivers involved. And working together with Supercars is a good step. It just needs to find it's identity
Old 22 Jan 2022, 01:31 (Ref:4094823)   #292
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's a shame what happened there. I just hope TCR finds a better solution, as it doesn't seem to know what direction it's going atm. It's still in Supercars shadow.

That said I don't blame it for trying to get the star drivers involved. And working together with Supercars is a good step. It just needs to find it's identity
It’s Batman…

That’s TCR’s secret identity..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Jan 2022, 03:02 (Ref:4094835)   #293
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
I've been going to Shannons rounds in Victoria for 10+ years. I remember seeing James Brock's crash the MB, I remember a catch in the Kumho round similar to the Courtney/Premat one. I remember Matty Campbell making his way through the GT field in a Ginetta one time.

The 2019 TCR PI round would've attracted a greater attendance than the combined total PI attendance for the previous 10 years. Then I'd say that the Saturday morning of the 2021 round had a greater combined attendance than the previous SN rounds on Sunday afternoons, excluding 2019, for the previous 10 years.

It doesn't have to do anything.
Old 22 Jan 2022, 12:02 (Ref:4094859)   #294
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
The 2019 TCR PI round would've attracted a greater attendance than the combined total PI attendance for the previous 10 years. Then I'd say that the Saturday morning of the 2021 round had a greater combined attendance than the previous SN rounds on Sunday afternoons, excluding 2019, for the previous 10 years.
That would simply be because there were some actual fans that outnumbered friends & family of the usual Shannons show.

In 2019 TCR made a splash and got a lot of attention, but 2020 showed that it was all a mirage, and half the "big" teams handed "their"cars back to ARG.

I personally think they can build their own names and not rely on has-been Supercar drivers to be regulars, just to be shown up by current stars.

At least for me the Coxs and O'Keefes and the like are genuine talent making their way as front runners in TCR. I guess if Chaz runs, and Chaz's fans and sponsors tune in, and it pushes the sport forward, then it's a good thing.
Old 22 Jan 2022, 22:40 (Ref:4094922)   #295
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
. It's still in Supercars shadow.
It will always be in Supercars shadow while ever they continue to have the same series owners.

Just look at world superbikes under the current common ownership with MotoGP and Bridgepoint.
Old 22 Jan 2022, 23:26 (Ref:4094927)   #296
Mixer
Veteran

He says after TCR is under the same ownership as Supercars for 2 weeks. That isn't the reason it is in Supercars shadow.

Valid question would be if TCR now becomes a Support class to Supercars. Arguably it does fit in with Super2, 86s, and other classes people use as a stepping stone to Supercars, but also has more potential to step out of that shadow and stand in its own right, and attract different fans.

Old 23 Jan 2022, 03:15 (Ref:4094952)   #297
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty much everywhere else in the world, TCR is a stepping stone to GT4 and GT3.

There aren't many places where TCR is sold as the headline act.
Old 23 Jan 2022, 03:32 (Ref:4094953)   #298
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Pretty much everywhere else in the world, TCR is a stepping stone to GT4 and GT3.

If you think about it strategically it is the same model at a lower cost, with more accessible machinery. Drivers wise we need the some of the name drivers like Herne and Seton and others like this who generate a buzz and want to make a name for themselves.

Old 23 Jan 2022, 05:06 (Ref:4094967)   #299
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
He says after TCR is under the same ownership as Supercars for 2 weeks. That isn't the reason it is in Supercars shadow.

Valid question would be if TCR now becomes a Support class to Supercars. Arguably it does fit in with Super2, 86s, and other classes people use as a stepping stone to Supercars, but also has more potential to step out of that shadow and stand in its own right, and attract different fans.

It had one and a half seasons under seperate ownership, with a twelve month gap in the middle. It won’t step out of the shadow when it has the same owners.

Just looked at world superbikes and how it’s been reigned in under bridgepoint ownership and Dorna control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa
World Touring Car Cup?
Old 23 Jan 2022, 05:21 (Ref:4094969)   #300
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
Umai Naa describes the general ladder of motor racing without realising it but doing so in an attempt to downplay TCR. It's a headline act in Australia, just not in Supercar rounds.

Mixer has to make up points of weakness. Nobody would care if Seton or Herne never drove in a TCR race. Any supercars driver or has been for that matter as well.