Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3823123)   #1126
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
My late Mother-in-Law was one to pay regular though not especially constant visits to the doctor and was slightly on the "worried" side of matters of health, taking a large array of tablets that I rather suspect had been prescribed on the basis of what she kept reporting to the GP rather ....................................lots of other stuff...........................Tim, your comment quoted above prompted this excessively long tale.

I'm not suggesting your situation is anywhere near comparable BUT, as you highlighted yourself, a drug chase "trying to find a balance that works for you" may not be something to experience for the long term so you are right to be considering the potentially less then positive aspects of prescribed treatments. IMO.
I think you're probably nearer the truth there than not. They seem to have given me drugs that may not be needed, a very high dosage statin for someone who has an incredibly low cholesterol level to start with, a visit to the doctor may be needed soon, oh, QED
Old 18 May 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3823179)   #1127
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
We had to fly back to the UK to attend a funeral yesterday of a very good old friend that I have kept in touch with since the 60s.
I hate funerals (so I won't be attending my own) but to cheer me up I had to drive another mate and our wives to Winchester in his Bentley Bentayga because he had a hip operation last week. And I always thought that those type of upmarket cars weren't that quick !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 May 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3823191)   #1128
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
We had to fly back to the UK to attend a funeral yesterday of a very good old friend that I have kept in touch with since the 60s.
I hate funerals (so I won't be attending my own) but to cheer me up I had to drive another mate and our wives to Winchester in his Bentley Bentayga because he had a hip operation last week. And I always thought that those type of upmarket cars weren't that quick !
Nothing quite like getting to a funeral sooner than intended!!
Old 18 May 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3823201)   #1129
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I trust you did not dislocate the chap's new hip with some spirited driving.
Old 18 May 2018, 10:33 (Ref:3823205)   #1130
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I trust you did not dislocate the chap's new hip with some spirited driving.
No, don't forget I had two "back seat" drivers, although I did "give it some" pulling out of a junction and my mates wife must have grabbed hold of her door window switch and the window flew down ! too much technology in the car for me and the drivers handbook was as big as an encyclopaedia !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 May 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3823214)   #1131
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
too much technology in the car for me and the drivers handbook was as big as an encyclopaedia !
I thought you were supposed to buy the optional "handbook-on-a-chip" and it implanted somewhere. Direct connection to brain. Instant search.

Either that or use voice activation to control "James" your virtual chauffeur and just tell "him" which setting(s) you wish to have adjusted.

Actually there is a new job opportunity in that. Retired military drone pilots would surely make very good virtual chauffeurs. It would save a seat in the car and make highly private conversations much more private without the chauffeur being present.
Old 18 May 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3823220)   #1132
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I hate funerals (so I won't be attending my own)
One of my neighbours went through a period of attending a lot of his friend's funerals, I said carry on much longer and you'll be Billy no mates, he said he'd rather be Billy no mates than one of his friends getting that status before him
Old 18 May 2018, 12:16 (Ref:3823231)   #1133
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It would save a seat in the car and make highly private conversations much more private without the chauffeur being present.
Private conversation? m
Meaning something like: "yes, ooh, yes, ooh yes yes yes, c'on please do it again… Bauble! "
Old 18 May 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3823241)   #1134
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Private conversation? m
Meaning something like: "yes, ooh, yes, ooh yes yes yes, c'on please do it again… Bauble! "
It wasn't easy in a Model T, Gerry.
Old 18 May 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3823273)   #1135
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
In a T Model, Bob, ANYTIME ! In this respect, the youngster favorite of certain generation was the genuine Citroën DS. Its nickname was "la diva des parkings". One reason was it tent to have a worn out hydraulic suspension. The other? I can't remember Bubble …
Old 18 May 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3823277)   #1136
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
In a T Model, Bob, ANYTIME ! In this respect, the youngster favorite of certain generation was the genuine Citroën DS. Its nickname was "la diva des parkings". One reason was it tent to have a worn out hydraulic suspension. The other? I can't remember Bubble …

I recall one night, after the pubs closed, I was giving a couple pals a lift home (both male I should add) and for some reason we elected to stop off at a local beauty spot to enjoy the moonlight on a pond and, perhaps, something that one or other of them was smoking. I don't really remember.

Anyway, as we pulled in the only other vehicle around was a Triumph Spitfire (soft top up) that seemed to be parked on top of its own personal earthquake as judged by the amount it was moving.

We stayed about 10 minutes and left wondering ..... how?
Old 18 May 2018, 16:40 (Ref:3823279)   #1137
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We stayed about 10 minutes and left wondering ..... how?

Where there's a will, there's a way!

As I'm sure some on here will be able to bear testament to with the resultant scars!
Old 18 May 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3823281)   #1138
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Where there's a will, there's a way!
Please note that the lower the age is, the best it works…
Old 18 May 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3823293)   #1139
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure the turn of conversation is good for our Dicky Ticker friend.

I expect most of you recall the 60's pop group Dickie Hart and the Palpitations?

Favourite song on the Papworth Hospital Radio used to be "Anyone Who Had a Heart', followed by Buddy Holly's "Crying, Waiting, Hoping".

Where's me coat?
Old 18 May 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3823295)   #1140
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Where's me coat?
Is a coat the same thing as a soft top for a car?
Old 18 May 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3823303)   #1141
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Is a coat the same thing as a soft top for a car?

That would probably be a mac.
Old 19 May 2018, 05:03 (Ref:3823340)   #1142
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
When ‘car club’ track sessions go wrong. Spa yesterday afternoon. They cut through the A and B pillars to get the driver out .......
Attached Thumbnails
BE02B53F-9F41-425D-BBD9-6B25BB76AC74.jpg  
Old 19 May 2018, 07:23 (Ref:3823345)   #1143
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
That would probably be a mac.
You mean Boobool could stand between Inspecteur Gadget and Columbo then?
Old 22 May 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3823886)   #1144
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Delta trip

In a few hours I shall be venturing of on Delta Motor Sports ambitious trip to date . I leave with big truck and head of to Zolder.,I am leaving race mechanic there to look after and run two FJ cars . Alan Morgan will collects me Wednesday morning and we both go off down to Charade . I will race the Penfold at Charade which I am looking forward to very much . We also have the small truck and another van and trailer going down to Charade as well. Alan then takes me back to Zolder on Monday and I then head of to Lithuania Latvia and then Sweden on the way back .,What could possible go wrong . 😀
Old 22 May 2018, 05:14 (Ref:3823888)   #1145
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What a trip! Hope you enjoy your stay and race at Charade.
Old 22 May 2018, 06:09 (Ref:3823891)   #1146
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Will you be making an appearance Gerard ?
Old 22 May 2018, 06:13 (Ref:3823892)   #1147
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I was thinking of visiting and maybe getting a chance to do a few laps at Anderstorp . Anyone got any contacts .
Old 22 May 2018, 07:19 (Ref:3823900)   #1148
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Will you be making an appearance Gerard ?
I wish I could, Iain. Anyway, Alan and Laurent will be a lot more helpful than I can be. If you think I can help, you're more than welcome. I tried to answer to your further questions in the Charade dedicated thread. Be safe and have fun, probably this circuit will suit well to your cars!
Old 22 May 2018, 07:45 (Ref:3823902)   #1149
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
In a few hours I shall be venturing of on Delta Motor Sports ambitious trip to date . I leave with big truck and head of to Zolder.,I am leaving race mechanic there to look after and run two FJ cars . Alan Morgan will collects me Wednesday morning and we both go off down to Charade . I will race the Penfold at Charade which I am looking forward to very much . We also have the small truck and another van and trailer going down to Charade as well. Alan then takes me back to Zolder on Monday and I then head of to Lithuania Latvia and then Sweden on the way back .,What could possible go wrong . 😀
Flippin' heck! It's amazing what OAP's get up to these days! I bet the hardest part will be getting out of Blighty!

Good luck with the trip Iain, & I hope there are no dramas this year.
Old 22 May 2018, 07:53 (Ref:3823906)   #1150
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes Iain, keep safe and enhoy.
Closed Thread