Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 8 Mar 2004, 17:00 (Ref:898229)   #1
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands GP Track Viewing / Photos

i'm looking forward to the return of the btcc to the gp track, i've seen people spectating from where the green dot is but where the red dot is is a no-entry sign so how do you get there?

And is it any good for photos?

here is said crudely adjusted track plan
Attached Thumbnails
brandshatch.jpg  
Old 8 Mar 2004, 17:27 (Ref:898262)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Been several years since I was last at that particular piece of track but it certainly used to be possible it get there. There's a slip road near the bridge which allows vehicle access to the track, I think the No Entry sign refers to that. From memory there's a smallish gap next to that which leads to a grass bank.

There's not much of a fence so you can get a reasonable side-on view or a bit further round going into Hawthorns. As I said it's some years ago so things could have changed since then.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 17:31 (Ref:898266)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Redshoes - spot on, that is how it was last season anyway. The smallish gap is through the bushes.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 13:28 (Ref:900826)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't been to Brands for 4-5 years, sadly. Can you still get all the way around and park on the South Bank? I'm thinking of going to a meet there so I can try my 10D before its baptism of fire at Le Mans......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 Mar 2004 at 13:28.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 13:36 (Ref:900839)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
For clubbies you can normally drive in through the main gates and around to the South Bank. Not sure but I think there's a charge to do so. At bigger meetings (BTCC/F3) you'll need to book in advance.

Just as easy to park outside and walk in.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 13:42 (Ref:900854)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not for me, personally. From about 84 to 87, I went to about 10-12 meetings a year at Brands and always (well not the Rallycross GP ) parked up on the South Bank. If it rained, I could sit in the car, I could keep my grub in there and my camera gear. Rather than having to lug it around with me all day. As I tend to be a "walker", rather than being grandstand-bound, the South Bank was terrific. As was being able to park around the circuit perimeter road at Silverstone - I bet you can't do that anymore......