Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jun 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1634284)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Maybe the moderator can extract the comments from that thread and put them here. Because the discussion is currently abusing the hybrid LMP1 thread.
Done, although you were the one that started that in the other thread!
Old 14 Jun 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1634295)   #27
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Done, although you were the one that started that in the other thread!
Apologies for that
Old 14 Jun 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1634426)   #28
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not raced in Europe
hmmm .. Japan ? Australia ??

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Jun 2006, 16:42 (Ref:1634435)   #29
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Fogelhund - would you say the level of competition between the better teams now and the better teams of 2000 is of a higher level or lower level? Lister did very well to beat Vipers, when both cars were in their heyday, but I'm wondering if the likes of BMS Scuderia Italia, Vitaphone, Zakspeed and GLPK are of a far higher standard nowadays...?
It certainly is tough to judge whether today's teams are better run than previous years. I will state that competition against the best, improves all involved though. Lister proved that they can't compete in LMP1, how much of that is attributed to the car, and how much to the team is hard to say. It would be nice to have a Lister GT1 of some type being competitive, but I won't hold my breath, and I doubt they will really compete against the TOP teams.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1634449)   #30
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well on the subject of this new lister GT1 being based on a jaguar they would maybe base it off the new XK coupe and heavily modify it to a lister or new car?, seems lister have always had a long and ongoing relationship with jaguar so i would think that a silhouette jag XK would be used or the new car will atleast have something do with jaguar lol, always does
Old 14 Jun 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1634457)   #31
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahh nice im not exactly a big fan of the lmp1's looks, and it'd be very cool to see a lister in GT again wonder how they're gonna do it...
Old 14 Jun 2006, 17:13 (Ref:1634459)   #32
scoff
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
scoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think lister would do a superb move by switching to GT1. This because I expect there will be a drop in competitiveness in about 2 to 4 years in GT1.

First does anyone here expect Corvette to be around as a factory entry in 4 years? I don't. In about two or three years the privateers will take over the corvette's and like happened with the Vipers: in another two or three years after retiring they're not fast enough anymore.

Same and even more at the Aston story. I expect the fund to be dropped very soon and there are only privateers next year. There won't be another prodrive after the 550 and the DBR9 because Prodrive's move to F1.

Then the current Salleen revival and the Masserati's competitiveness will end also in two years from now and what do we have left then? LISTER with a new car.

All new brands are turning to prototypes (Peugeot, Porsche, Acura and a bit Mazda) so there will be a chance for brands like Lister to try on GT1. The only thing they have to do is take a longggg time (2/3 years) to design a car that's faster than the Aston (it won't be improved) and second hope, hope and hope that Corvette will retire in about two years as a factory entry so that development will also quit in about one or two years. Then in three years time the only oponents for Lister with their new car will be some old privateer Corvette's, Aston's and far of pace (3 years time) Salleens and Masserati's
Old 14 Jun 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1634460)   #33
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
in a couple of years there will be a new Ferrari GT1 car .. probably a Michelloto this time .. so no good for Lister ..

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Jun 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1634627)   #34
Viper GTS-R***
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Viper GTS-R*** should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
in a couple of years there will be a new Ferrari GT1 car .. probably a Michelloto this time .. so no good for Lister ..
Why isn't this good for Lister? If they will so competive like there where in 2001 in FIA GT. (or was it 2000?) then we will see a great battle with that new Ferrari GT1 you're talking about. I'm looking forward to it but i think it would be something for 2007 or 2008. Lister GT1 - Ferrari GT1 and who know's finnely the new Dodge Viper (GTS-R) new GT1??
That would be very nice...
Old 14 Jun 2006, 23:32 (Ref:1634728)   #35
DanJR1
Racer

DanJR1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i seem to remember that if they had the money or an investor, a new road car would be possible?

But then again, the new XK probably makes more sense, with some engine from america, considering the XK is a ford parts bin

oh god, just had a thought. a diesel!!!!!!!. would suit their black colour scheme. is it possible under the rules?

Last edited by DanJR1; 14 Jun 2006 at 23:38.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 14:52 (Ref:1635114)   #36
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Slightly more info on DSC:

- It'll be a 4-litre turbo engine
- It'll be based on a car from another manufacturer but will be rebuilt to be a proper Lister
- The budget Mr. Pearce will have is 10 to 20 times bigger than he ever had before, so the project will be really high profile.

Rather interesting if you ask me, wich 4-litre turbo cars are there around to base a GT1 on?
Old 15 Jun 2006, 14:59 (Ref:1635121)   #37
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Slightly more info on DSC:

- It'll be a 4-litre turbo engine
- It'll be based on a car from another manufacturer but will be rebuilt to be a proper Lister
- The budget Mr. Pearce will have is 10 to 20 times bigger than he ever had before, so the project will be really high profile.

Rather interesting if you ask me, wich 4-litre turbo cars are there around to base a GT1 on?
Turbo engines...so I expect it will not an American but a Japanese engine.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1635135)   #38
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
None that I know of

The Koenigseggs have a supercharged 4.7 V8. And the new Jaguar XKR will have a supercharged 4.2 V8.

Maybe one of the upcoming Japanese supercars: Nissan/Infiniti GT-R (Skyline successor; engine rumor say between 3.5-3.8 twin-turbo V6) or Lexus LF-A (Supra successor; suppossed to get 5.0 V10).
Old 15 Jun 2006, 15:27 (Ref:1635141)   #39
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I dont understand what pearce said " it will be a car from another manufacturer , but it will be a Lister" .

It will be what it is homologeted as , i think ?

How can he call something a Lister , if its homologated as something else ?

Why would somebody build a car , and let Lister call it something else ?

Or have i missed something ?
Old 15 Jun 2006, 15:31 (Ref:1635143)   #40
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
How about the engine from the Audi A8? 4.0 V8 TDI????
Old 15 Jun 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1635146)   #41
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Last time I check the GT1 rules did not contain restrictor size for diesel engines

Maybe the 4.0 V8 FSI biturbo from the Bentley Speed 8
Old 15 Jun 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1635153)   #42
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Last time I check the GT1 rules did not contain restrictor size for diesel engines

...yet.....

If the ACO were asked, do you not think that they would support this? Sounds like it is well funded. I wonder if the people funding might have some influence?
Old 15 Jun 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1635156)   #43
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I dont understand what pearce said " it will be a car from another manufacturer , but it will be a Lister" .

It will be what it is homologeted as , i think ?

How can he call something a Lister , if its homologated as something else ?

Why would somebody build a car , and let Lister call it something else ?

Or have i missed something ?
Something like Alpina does with BMW's.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1635182)   #44
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Koenigseggs have a supercharged 4.7 V8. And the new Jaguar XKR will have a supercharged 4.2 V8.
Wich are both too large, the capacity limit for turbo's is 4L in FIAGT I believe.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1635185)   #45
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Wich are both too large, the capacity limit for turbo's is 4L in FIAGT I believe.
They can destroke it like Spyker does with the Audi V8 (originally 4.2, but 3.8 in Spyker). And of course these a supercharged engines, not turbocharged.

I don't have any clue with supercar Lister could start from
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1635186)   #46
DanJR1
Racer

where has the money come from?
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1635187)   #47
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJR1
where has the money come from?
Good question and why is it not used to build a competitive LMP1 car

If the budget is really huge, some manufacturer should be involved. But then I don't understand why it will be a Lister car and not race version of an existing car...
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:10 (Ref:1635189)   #48
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Turbo engines...so I expect it will not an American but a Japanese engine.

if it will be a turbo .. i'm thinking Japan too .. but who ?
Toyota ?? Nissan ?? JGTC engines ?? i don't see it being Honda

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:11 (Ref:1635190)   #49
DanJR1
Racer

it's making me think jaguar still, with a privateer funding it
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1635197)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I am sure it's a private project and probably funded by a rich person who wants an "own" car. It would surprise me if he has backing from a car manufacturer.

But isn't a turbo engine more restricted then a n.a. engine an therefore less suited for GT racing?

I hope it's a Jaguar XK with a 4L supercharged V8 engine.

Last edited by FIRE; 15 Jun 2006 at 16:24.