Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 20 Feb 2023, 00:02 (Ref:4144246)   #101
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Joey Just for Men Lagano.
Old 20 Feb 2023, 00:03 (Ref:4144247)   #102
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
In watching the Xfinity race last night, they said it's actually not the lights, but when nascar "calls it", so that's clear and leaves no thoughts of collusion.
Wonderful. That is the way to do it.
Old 20 Feb 2023, 08:41 (Ref:4144257)   #103
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, it's a joke when the guys giving commentary genuinely have no idea of who/ what/ where. I sympathise with them.

I thought #22 had it but I had Rusty Wallace and his co-commentators on MRN debating whether Ricky had. It must have been a good minute, maybe two before one of them said it was official that Ricky had it.

As for the guys behind... at what point was it frozen in order? Busch being scored behind a number of cars he was in front of for example. Albeit in the wall going backwards with a dead engine...

Thankfully the shorter tracks are less chaotic and confusing!

NASCAR isn't unique in ballsing up running orders but they are in the hot seat waiting to lift the balls up trophy!
Old 20 Feb 2023, 13:44 (Ref:4144270)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ole Baldie himself trying to bride RC

https://racer.com/2023/02/19/runner-...n-the-trigger/
Old 20 Feb 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4144296)   #105
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR fans soured by repeated commercial breaks during Daytona 500

https://www.yardbarker.com/nascar/ar...13132_38489178

Quote:
The outcry reached such a fever pitch that the hashtag "Commercial 500" trended on Twitter throughout the race.
glad it wasn't just me (us)!

I still can't understand how they need ad breaks at all when there is literally ads in the race and splattered all over the track. Is it not being creative enough and an old school / antiquated TV broadcasting / marketing techniques? ESPN / F1 figured it out a few years back.... apples & oranges?
Old 20 Feb 2023, 19:19 (Ref:4144301)   #106
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Not sure this really sheds any light on anything...

https://twitter.com/NASCAR_Xfinity/s...18435514699777

https://www.yardbarker.com/nascar/ar...1_127_38486581
Old 21 Feb 2023, 00:18 (Ref:4144324)   #107
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Forgot it was the beef board race, our tax dollars hard at work there
Old 23 Feb 2023, 10:48 (Ref:4144631)   #108
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although the 4 additional cars wouldn't have added much to the outright show i find it kinda sad that Nascar cannot fill the full 40 car grid this weekend.
Old 23 Feb 2023, 20:35 (Ref:4144701)   #109
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Why? They only issued 36 charters, so any other cars would be "open" cars that only receive a small % of the payout compared to an equivalent "charter" team.

If NASCAR issued four (4) more charters and set the price at $20MM (currently the market is in the $30MM range), we would have 40 cars at Fontana as the charter requires them to attend (or forgo their charter including the value).
Old 23 Feb 2023, 23:27 (Ref:4144714)   #110
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's not like without the charter system every race was getting over subscribed anyway. The big events would get the 40 plus the few provisionals but those have been removed
Old 24 Feb 2023, 15:14 (Ref:4144795)   #111
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Holy crap, he's done 750 races? And all 750 consecutively

https://racer.com/2023/02/24/harvick...0th-cup-start/

Also, most likely the last race at Fontana this weekend. It appears quietly the money for the new short track is not there and may be abandoned
Old 25 Feb 2023, 15:45 (Ref:4144886)   #112
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Wow, 750 starts! Easy to lose track of just how long many guys have been running in Cup.

I saw some NASCAR publicity about the redevelopment to a short track in the weeks leading up to the Clash. I guess if diggers and trucks don't roll up at Fontana to start work in the next month or two then it likely isn't happening.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 16:42 (Ref:4144891)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, that's kinda what everyone is feeling, it doesn't appear there's much urgency to start work and no race next year already so......
Old 25 Feb 2023, 22:05 (Ref:4144925)   #114
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
Why? They only issued 36 charters, so any other cars would be "open" cars that only receive a small % of the payout compared to an equivalent "charter" team.

If NASCAR issued four (4) more charters and set the price at $20MM (currently the market is in the $30MM range), we would have 40 cars at Fontana as the charter requires them to attend (or forgo their charter including the value).
I did not know about this charter system. I’m sorry for my ignorance. Motorsport was my life, I used to know so much, now I know nothing, it’s sad and yet nothing really excites me.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 18:39 (Ref:4145007)   #115
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I'm not a fan of charters. Or the British Touring Car Championships TBL system (charter by another name). F1 is probably the longest running "closed" shop.

It may guarantee entry levels and help resolve budgets, but it prevents the little guy with enough budget rolling up and qualifying and potentially filling out the back of the grid. To me it's a great pity. If the little guy has acquired the relevant categories on his race licence then why not let them chase their dreams?
Old 26 Feb 2023, 18:41 (Ref:4145008)   #116
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Read today Fontana has been sold by NASCAR. For 500 million green backs.

So I guess when the engines go quiet after the checker tonight then that will be that forever more.

And I thought NASCAR wanted to pull in West coast punters?
Old 26 Feb 2023, 22:28 (Ref:4145031)   #117
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They sold most of the track lands, the short track and drag strip should still be owned by ISC. But when asked again this weekend officials didn't commit to a schedule or redevelopment plans since the old plans were garages outside the track but there was some whinging there. And 500 million seems about right for more people where there isn't enough water for the ones there already. Oh and the state won't let locals store water with the torrential rains the last 5 months
Old 27 Feb 2023, 00:20 (Ref:4145039)   #118
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Heard in the commentary on MRN a handful of laps from the end that the bulldozers are due in tomorrow - but that doesn't fit with everything elsewhere.

If it does turn into more homes then as you say it's inevitably going to create problems with water shortages. World has gone mad.

Reasonable race I thought but it really was Busch and Chastain running comfortably better than the rest to my mind.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 00:46 (Ref:4145040)   #119
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was OK. They could have done with calling a yellow near the end to make it more entertaining.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 04:43 (Ref:4145048)   #120
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good drive by Kyle and good to see RCR in victory lane again...

I missed who caused the crash on that re-start when Bell went out of the race?
Old 27 Feb 2023, 21:18 (Ref:4145164)   #121
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I think Fox did too as all I know is Bell took off, then braked hard and got hit in the back pretty hard. Foxs highlights have in car Bell but nothing else that picks up what went on.

I still have no idea how Kyle Busch got turned around at Daytona still either.

Fox camera folk seem to be managing to miss stuff pretty good!
Old 1 Mar 2023, 00:18 (Ref:4145324)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
30%ish less downforce on road course and short tracks

https://racer.com/2023/02/28/nascar-...-road-courses/
Old 1 Mar 2023, 01:49 (Ref:4145332)   #123
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
30%ish less downforce on road course and short tracks

https://racer.com/2023/02/28/nascar-...-road-courses/
More power and less down force is always the answer
Old 1 Mar 2023, 12:50 (Ref:4145378)   #124
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
...low flying race cars here we come!
Old 1 Mar 2023, 14:01 (Ref:4145386)   #125
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Not sure about the road course less df but short tracks definitely. Curious if the Goodyear tires are ok with sliding more or more df cause they have not been great so far