Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Aug 2021, 12:57 (Ref:4064870)   #176
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
When you act like an a hole don't expect to get cheered
Cheers & Boos - the ten-tenths versions:

Which do you think that comment deserves.....
Old 2 Aug 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4064882)   #177
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Because he took out Max last race and played games in qualifying

even though he claims "he doesn't need it", but he clearly did

When you act like an a hole don't expect to get cheered
In the words of your main man:
Can we just stop this. We have had so many f------ questions about this that it is ridiculous. On Thursday we answered this stupid s--- all the time so can we just stop it, please?
Old 2 Aug 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4064883)   #178
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
In the words of your main man:
Can we just stop this. We have had so many f------ questions about this that it is ridiculous. On Thursday we answered this stupid s--- all the time so can we just stop it, please?
The perfect response from Max, I thought.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4064892)   #179
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Yes - I like him again now.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4064902)   #180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes - I like him again now.
I've always liked him. I just don't like those who have his career and success or failure in their hands....
Old 2 Aug 2021, 15:32 (Ref:4064904)   #181
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Oh dear. You actually think it was justified.

Boooooooo.

Yes it is

Mercedes is not playing fair

If you can't see that you must be blind
Old 2 Aug 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4064913)   #182
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Red Bull did not HAVE to follow Hamilton around for the entire lap at slow pace. Both did not have to stay so far back. Perhaps Perez should blame his teammate as well, as he was behind him too?

Did you think that Perez was going to put it on the front row?

Even the most ardent Red Bull / Verstappen fan surely would not think that the 1st corner game of 10-pin bowling was on purpose?

So that leaves the incident that your man doesn't want to talk about any more, the one with the strange Red Bull protest thrown out.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4064917)   #183
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Red Bull did not HAVE to follow Hamilton around for the entire lap at slow pace. Both did not have to stay so far back. Perhaps Perez should blame his teammate as well, as he was behind him too?

Did you think that Perez was going to put it on the front row?

Even the most ardent Red Bull / Verstappen fan surely would not think that the 1st corner game of 10-pin bowling was on purpose?

So that leaves the incident that your man doesn't want to talk about any more, the one with the strange Red Bull protest thrown out.

Red Bull was leading BOTH championships before Silverstone and Mercedes started taking Red Bulls out

Max had a 33 point lead

I don't believe in that much coincidence
Old 2 Aug 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4064920)   #184
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry Steve, but it's clear that you believe in a conspiracy theory that ought to be left to fester on the pages of Facebook where it belongs. Actually, I suspect deep down, you don't believe it either.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4064921)   #185
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In what way?

They even allowed the whole field to pass them whilst in the pits so that Hamilton had to come from the back of the field. They are doing everything in their power to make it a sporting contest.

When the rest of the top ten went through Q2 on softs, they put a slower compound on to make it a contest.
Bottas could tell that Norris was going to give Max a difficult race, so ensured he couldn't get through the first corner.
When Hamilton realised he was going to have a comfortable win, he stayed on inters to allow the rest of the field a chance.
When he was cutting through the field, he pitted again to drop back and give Sainz a chance of a podium.
When he caught up with Alonso, he sat behind him for a few laps to allow Ocon a chance of a win.

What more do you want them to do to make it fair?
Old 2 Aug 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4064924)   #186
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Red Bull was leading BOTH championships before Silverstone and Mercedes started taking Red Bulls out

Max had a 33 point lead

Mercedes didn't take Verstappen out yesterday. It was a consequence of Bottas punting Norris up the rear, who then careered into Verstappen.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 16:27 (Ref:4064925)   #187
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Max had a 33 point lead

I know hey - car 33 with a 33 point lead. Such a coincidence it is scarcely believable.

In seriousness, do you honestly think that in the conditions they were racing under into the first corner, Bottas is such a skilled driver that he was able to manipulate an accident that took out both Red Bulls?
Old 2 Aug 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4064930)   #188
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looking forward to Alex Albon trying to recreate that first corner incident...

It was a very poor and pretty amateur mistake by Bottas. The Red Bulls were unlucky to just be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Norris and Bottas could have ended up anywhere but unfortunately they ended up going into the Red Bulls who had both had safe starts and positioned themselves well.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4064935)   #189
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hindsight for sure and this would have led to a different sort of outrage, but when weather changes between the setups used in quali and the race start, should there have been a start behind a saftey car?

Granted no standing water issues, but if different corners require different sets of rules then likewise shouldn't different track surfaces require different start procedures?

There are of course no easy answers here.

Or is this just the further sanitation of the sport?
Old 2 Aug 2021, 17:26 (Ref:4064939)   #190
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you look at the start, every other driver makes sure he gets out of the slipstream of the car in front before braking, just Bottas doesn't. Such a silly mistake for a man of his calibre. To somehow think that it is intentional to take out both Red Bulls by means of Norris is completely daft of course.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4064940)   #191
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes it is

If you can see that you must be Dutch
Old 2 Aug 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4064941)   #192
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
If you look at the start, every other driver makes sure he gets out of the slipstream of the car in front before braking, just Bottas doesn't. Such a silly mistake for a man of his calibre. To somehow think that it is intentional to take out both Red Bulls by means of Norris is completely daft of course.
Indeed, but these incidents only ever take one driver, one domino to fall.

Obviously im connecting a lot of dots here, but surely this was the foreseeable outcome of a standing start?
Old 2 Aug 2021, 17:38 (Ref:4064942)   #193
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

Obviously im connecting a lot of dots here, but surely this was the foreseeable outcome of a standing start?

I've seen similar in rolling starts in IndyCar.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 17:54 (Ref:4064944)   #194
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

Utterly!
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4064945)   #195
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Accident between startline and turn 1. Poor car control by one driver (well, two actually including Stroll), seen hundreds (if not thousands) of times before. Surely the dissection of things that are actually pretty commonplace (or have been in the past) is going just a bit too far? Where is this going to end?
Old 2 Aug 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4064948)   #196
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spot on.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4064950)   #197
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Accident between startline and turn 1. Poor car control by one driver (well, two actually including Stroll), seen hundreds (if not thousands) of times before. Surely the dissection of things that are actually pretty commonplace (or have been in the past) is going just a bit too far? Where is this going to end?
Turn 2?
Old 2 Aug 2021, 18:25 (Ref:4064952)   #198
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Turn 2?
Yes, probably!
Old 2 Aug 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4064963)   #199
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Turn 2?
/salute

That was properly witty
Old 2 Aug 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4064973)   #200
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
/salute

That was properly witty
I'm here until Thursday, try the veal, tip your waitress etc etc