Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 5 Nov 2021, 20:05 (Ref:4081691)   #76
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Is there a 2022 calendar yet?
Old 6 Nov 2021, 06:46 (Ref:4081759)   #77
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Is there a 2022 calendar yet?
Not yet.

But I reckon the calendar will be very similar to this year. BTRDA have Lydden for the end of May so BRX will probably have round 1 during the Easter bank holiday weekend (Apr 18) and all the other circuits seem happy with their dates, Mondello July 10/17, Pembrey August 29 on bank holiday, Knockhill September 25 and Lydden with another November 6 night race. The European round for venue and date is anyone's guess.

We'll see how wrong I am, potentially soon
Old 6 Nov 2021, 08:50 (Ref:4081770)   #78
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you
Old 10 Nov 2021, 12:58 (Ref:4082575)   #79
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Decent weekend of racing at Lydden. Thought the night race was better than last years (both in terms of layout and the racing itself). Only real negative observation was that the marshal points all appeared to be in darkness again. Stayed warmer than I was expecting as well which was a nice bonus!

Very impressive drives from Thorne and Vitols. Shame that the C4 has been so intermittent in qualifying this year as I think Vitols deserves to be much closer to the top of the Championship standings at this point. Good weekend for Tohill, now caught and overtaken Ollie in the standings. I'd like to see him win it this year as he came close before and has been pretty consistent this year.

Not a good weekend for Godfrey, O'Donovan or Hill. Hal looked like he was having a lot of fun and he was setting some decent lap times when he got fresh rubber. Flitney seemed a lot quicker by the end of the weekend, so hopefully he can get more speed out of the C30 and get in the mix.

Dramatic end to the lead battle in Super National. Thought Paige was to blame on the day but, having seen the camera footage from the top of the hill and onboard I think Woloch had a bit of a moment and they both became passengers.

Nice to see Harrold back in his Beetle (or at least it was until he started throwing wheels around), really strong showing from Super Retro though. Plenty of close racing in BMW MINIs and Junior Swifts as well.

Still not convinced by the All4 MINIs, but see if next year brings more entries and changes my mind. Also think it is a sensible move integrating S1600 into Super National next year. S1600 is deserving of its own class, but only if it has the numbers to support it.

Personally think that, with the cancellation of Spa, they should have called the Championship at Lydden, but there is talk of one final round for some of the classes. All seems a bit vague at this point and, after all the effort that has been put in to boosting the Championship, seems a bit wishy-washy.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 13:37 (Ref:4082589)   #80
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
I enjoyed the day, even though I had to leave after the Supercar semis on Saturday. The Supercars really are awesome, a great spectacle. The variety on display in Super National and the Retro classes was also great. I took a lot of photos but have a big backlog to get through so might be a while!
Old 17 Nov 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4083941)   #81
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I watched the Lydden highlights last night - following that I hope Tohill does take the championship. Ollie blaming Tohill for the collision in Saturdays final then complaining that no action was taken against Tohill was very poor. From the angles shown on tv Ollie moves over on Tohill (Tohill is as far to the right as he can be and stay ont he track). It looked like Ollie initiated the contact then just kept his foot in and ulitmately lost it going into the elbow. Just seems like Ollie throwing his toys out of the pram again when things don't go his way. He seems to be involved in more contact than anyone else and is very quick to whinge about the other drivers - even when it looks to be his fault.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4084048)   #82
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
And there we go - the round at Spa is cancelled (not the biggest surprise to be honest):

https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/2...cluded-early-1

So all of the classes are declaring their champions as of Lydden - with the exception of Supercar. That's still provisional - I assume Ollie has taken his tantrum to MSUK
Old 17 Nov 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4084087)   #83
MissClarrpz
Racer

Nah, Ollie's appeal got thrown out on Saturday night. Unless he wants to waste a load of money going no where to MSUK which I doubt. He'd already admitted defeat the on championship on Sunday.

I'm pretty sure they're trying to run the season finale for Supercars with Irish RX on Dec 11. We'll see if it goes ahead. I know most of the grid want to go over if it is available.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 22:03 (Ref:4084121)   #84
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
I'm pretty sure they're trying to run the season finale for Supercars with Irish RX on Dec 11. We'll see if it goes ahead. I know most of the grid want to go over if it is available.
I think they have done a pretty good job of pushing the Championship the last couple of years, I hope they don't end up tacking the Supercars onto another event as, personally, I think it cheapens rallycross.

As pointed out by Bert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHMC Press Release
The Motorsport UK British Rallycross Championship (Supercars) results are subject to ongoing enquiry by Motorsport UK and points remain provisional.
...I wonder who has an ongoing compliant?
Old 17 Nov 2021, 22:47 (Ref:4084126)   #85
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I think they have done a pretty good job of pushing the Championship the last couple of years
Couldn't agree more. Bloody tough for the team organising the series but they've done great

Didn't see that part of the report. Probably Ollie being a bit petty then. I'm not expecting anyone but Tohill to win the championship unless they can prove he used rocket fuel or something.
Old 18 Nov 2021, 00:08 (Ref:4084142)   #86
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Didn't see that part of the report. Probably Ollie being a bit petty then. I'm not expecting anyone but Tohill to win the championship unless they can prove he used rocket fuel or something.
I missed it on my first read through!

If it is due to Ollie complaining about a contact issue then that is a bit of a cheek given the events of the opening round of the year...

...I think Tohill is a deserving Champion. He came close before and has performed well again this year. Shame Vitols lost so many points in the qualifying sessions this year, as some of his final drives have been worthy of a title.
Old 19 Nov 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4084323)   #87
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post. Been away for a few days so only just got round to uploading some pictures from Lydden. Few faves...

...and more here:

Flickr - 5 Nations Rallycross Rounds 6 & 7

If you want to see them!
Old 20 Nov 2021, 21:03 (Ref:4084606)   #88
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
My pictures from Lydden Hill: http://bit.ly/3DCE2e8

I was there on Sat up to the two Supercar semis before I had to leave. Most of these are Supercars, with a few from the Super Nationals at the rnd. I’m still working through the Retros and will add those next week.

Enjoy!
Old 21 Nov 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4084780)   #89
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Didn't O'Donovan have plans to enter a Proton this season?
Old 21 Nov 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4084785)   #90
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Didn't O'Donovan have plans to enter a Proton this season?
Yeah but it's still not ready. Next year it should be running
Old 21 Nov 2021, 15:23 (Ref:4084786)   #91
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yeah but it's still not ready. Next year it should be running
Old 21 Nov 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4084843)   #92
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
My pictures from Lydden Hill: http://bit.ly/3DCE2e8
Some nice angles on the joker section there.
Old 22 Nov 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4084993)   #93
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Forgive the double post. Been away for a few days so only just got round to uploading some pictures from Lydden. Few faves...

That's a great shot - I guess the rogue wheel was pretty much heading straight for you? Did you see where it ended up? (It looked like it was making its own way back to the paddock!)
Old 22 Nov 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4085014)   #94
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
That's a great shot - I guess the rogue wheel was pretty much heading straight for you? Did you see where it ended up? (It looked like it was making its own way back to the paddock!)
Little annoyed that the shots I took as the wheel got closer didn't come out well, but at least I got a couple of usable pictures!

It passed between me and one of the mobile floodlights on the central island, ended up coming to a dead stop in the tyre wall on the outside of Paddock Bend. Bloody glad, as I was afraid it might skim that and carry on (though that section of spectator area does have the extra high fencing, so it should have been OK).

I had a few feet to spare, but a bit closer than I'd like: second time someone has thrown a wheel at me there this year!
Old 3 Dec 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4086465)   #95
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but Derek Tohill confirmed as the 2021 British Champion.

Deserving Champion in my personal opinion.
Old 4 Dec 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4086526)   #96
MissClarrpz
Racer

Good that he won. Definitely wouldn't have been right if it had suddenly changed hands.

And yeah he's been so quick this year, definitely deserved the title. Every time I spoke to him he was saying he was not pushing too hard. Just wish Vitols had been more reliable in qualifying through the year. He could have really put it to O'Donovan and Tohill.

Double header on Easter Bank Holiday at Lydden will start 2022 season. Rest of the calendar hopefully soon. I'm expecting an even more impressive field next year in Supercars and Super National
Old 4 Dec 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4086535)   #97
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Good that he won. Definitely wouldn't have been right if it had suddenly changed hands.
I haven't read anything official, but I assume the investigation was related to the Tohill/O'Donovan incident that occurred on Saturday evening. Would have seemed hugely unfair if Tohill had got penalized for that when OOD got away with the incidents at the opening rounds.

Quote:
And yeah he's been so quick this year, definitely deserved the title. Every time I spoke to him he was saying he was not pushing too hard. Just wish Vitols had been more reliable in qualifying through the year. He could have really put it to O'Donovan and Tohill.
Yeah, Vitols has been fantastic this year, but agree that it is a shame he had reliability issues as that cost him a huge amount of points. Ditto for Donnelly, he is so fast when the car is working but this year seemed pretty painful for him.

Hope Derek is back to defend the title next year. Could be a good one if we have Thorne and Jordan in the mix as well.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 11:04 (Ref:4087185)   #98
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Deserving Champion in my personal opinion.
Absolutely - it would have been a travesty if O'Donovan had taken it in the stewards room after his dreaful driving this year.

Quote:
I'm expecting an even more impressive field next year in Supercars and Super National
I really hope Super National picks up again, it used to be my favourite class with some great machinery (and such a variety).

Quote:
Yeah, Vitols has been fantastic this year, but agree that it is a shame he had reliability issues as that cost him a huge amount of points. Ditto for Donnelly, he is so fast when the car is working but this year seemed pretty painful for him.

Hope Derek is back to defend the title next year. Could be a good one if we have Thorne and Jordan in the mix as well.
Hopefully the supercar grid will be a decent size - having lost some to the retro 4wd drive class they need a bit of a boost. But as you say there are some potential entires out there. Speaking of the retro 4wd class would Colin Ansons Ka be eligible for that? I don't know if he's still got it but it would be good to see that out again.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 16:09 (Ref:4087285)   #99
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Hopefully the supercar grid will be a decent size - having lost some to the retro 4wd drive class they need a bit of a boost. But as you say there are some potential entires out there. Speaking of the retro 4wd class would Colin Ansons Ka be eligible for that? I don't know if he's still got it but it would be good to see that out again.
I love that they have a class which enables the Group B (and other classic 4WD Supercars) to run but I thought the majority of entries in this years Retro 4WD have belonged in other classes (Andy Grant in Supercar and pretty much everyone else in BTRDA clubman).

Think the cut off for the Retro 4WD this year was 1999? So I think the Ka could sneak in there?
Old 6 Dec 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4087291)   #100
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
I love that they have a class which enables the Group B (and other classic 4WD Supercars) to run but I thought the majority of entries in this years Retro 4WD have belonged in other classes (Andy Grant in Supercar and pretty much everyone else in BTRDA clubman).

Think the cut off for the Retro 4WD this year was 1999? So I think the Ka could sneak in there?
The Imprezas and Evos are certainly BTRDA clubman cars - but I have no problem with them running in the retros too, they fit there better than supercar as they're clearly outpaced. Andy Grant is the 'dodgiest' entry but that Focus is certainly veteran car now.