Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:27 (Ref:1185893)   #1
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Another Questionnaire!

This morning's post brought the 2005 Silverstone availability forms & other assorted stuff from the BRDC. Included in this is a questionnaire, but this one's different from the others - it's targeted at BRDC Marshals Club members who are not renewing their membership. Probably the most useful of the several marshalling questionnaires aropund at the moment - who better to give an opinion on dwindling marshal numbers than those who have dwindled?

Maybe other clubs should consider such a questionnaire.......possibly some have?
Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1185909)   #2
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe they should issue the questionnaire to the marshals who have not rejoined over the past two or three seasons to get a wider range of responses?

It will be interesting to see if it is club related or marshalling related issues that has cut the numbers.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 08:28 (Ref:1186517)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It would also be nice if the findings were made available to other clubs.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 12:59 (Ref:1186714)   #4
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRedButton
maybe they should issue the questionnaire to the marshals who have not rejoined over the past two or three seasons to get a wider range of responses?

It will be interesting to see if it is club related or marshalling related issues that has cut the numbers.
I didn't rejoin at the beginning of 2004 and I still got the questionnaire so it looks like they are doing as you wish.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 13:04 (Ref:1186716)   #5
Mick Cochrane
Rookie

Mick Cochrane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had one of these questionnaires along with membership renewal forms for the BRDC marshals club, which I've received every year I've been marshalling (8 years now) along with a membership badge/year bar Funny thing is, I've never joined the BRDC.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 13:08 (Ref:1186720)   #6
Mick Cochrane
Rookie

I've received one of those questionnaires along with renewal forms, which I've also received for the last 8 years I've marshalled along with a membership badge & year bar at one time. Funny thing is I've never been a member of the BRDC marshal's club.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 13:10 (Ref:1186721)   #7
Mick Cochrane
Rookie

Apologies for the double post but I haveN't done this for a while & didn't think the first one had submitted it'self. Thick or what?
Old 23 Dec 2004, 14:05 (Ref:1186753)   #8
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMMC North region aim to follow up any non-renewal to find out why. A little chat sometimes does the trick and the form gets signed and money paid!!
Old 23 Dec 2004, 14:14 (Ref:1186754)   #9
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Cochrane
Funny thing is I've never been a member of the BRDC marshal's club.
Neither am I, but having marshalled at BRDC events, I'm on their mailing list.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 16:21 (Ref:1186837)   #10
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got the form today. Was most amused as it seems to me that just because I haven't rejoined the club, it is assumed I have stopped marshalling - nothing about have you not rejoined because you're not happy with the club!

Needless to say, my form will be going back - with a note to this point that I got fed up of paying for nothing in return - not even a news letter!
Old 23 Dec 2004, 22:53 (Ref:1187109)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshalGirl
BMMC North region aim to follow up any non-renewal to find out why. A little chat sometimes does the trick and the form gets signed and money paid!!

You mean re-commence with it!
This is something I used to do when i was on your committee.

It's good practice and as you say, if the Club knows why a member has decided not to rejoin, then hopefully steps can be made to rectify the issues.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 22:58 (Ref:1187113)   #12
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I used to be a member of the BRDCMC - as a new marshal it seemed cool to join every club you could.

Despite being a member with them for around 4 years, I never got an invite to the GP through them, never received the year bars or anything.
AND.....(Opening another can of worms) was told by a senior member of the Club (When I tried to become a trainee IO) that their Incident Officers wear black! I know that this most definately is not Club policy, but it put me off anyway.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 00:15 (Ref:1187144)   #13
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got mine today but havent read it yet. BRDC MC is more about incident and emergency stuff than flags or observing and is obviously only concerned with Silverstone