Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 11 Sep 2019, 10:36 (Ref:3927330)   #101
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I've found an angle from which the car (and grille) does look good though:

That’s cheered me up no end! P’ing down and have work to do outside....

Perhaps you could just post that pic for all new BMW car announcements, please!
Old 11 Sep 2019, 10:46 (Ref:3927331)   #102
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That’s cheered me up no end! P’ing down and have work to do outside....

Perhaps you could just post that pic for all new BMW car announcements, please!
Just need the over rider saying "Car shown fitted with optional Vantablack finish"
Old 11 Sep 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3927333)   #103
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Porsche Taycan

'Porsche says the Taycan’s two electric motors, producing a combined 616bhp and 627lb ft of torque in the Turbo, deliver a 0-62mph time of 3.2sec.'
Old 11 Sep 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3927335)   #104
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well done, sniffpetrol!

But when he gets to the charging point, if it’s ecotricity it will be broken, and if it’s BP there will be PHEVs sitting there.....
Old 4 Oct 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3931884)   #105
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Hard-Top)

'Two months after Chevrolet revealed its new 'C8' Corvette Stingray coupé, the brand has pulled the covers off the convertible version.

Continuing the theme of going against tradition with the latest model, not only is it the first mid-engined Corvette drop-top, but it's also the first to use a solid folding roof. '

Old 4 Oct 2019, 17:53 (Ref:3931944)   #106
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Damn!
Old 9 Oct 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3932873)   #107
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
BMW M8 Gran Coupe

'The M8 Gran Coupé sits alongside the two-door M8 Coupé and Convertible models and is pegged as a rival for the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 4-Door. The four-door variant is powered by the same 4.4-litre twin-turbocharged V8, which is available in two states of tune: the standard 592bhp car and a 616bhp Competition model - identical figures to the two-door models.'

Old 9 Oct 2019, 23:58 (Ref:3933007)   #108
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Can a 2-ton car be sporty?
Old 10 Oct 2019, 08:00 (Ref:3933066)   #109
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Yes
Old 10 Oct 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3933067)   #110
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Can’t wait to hear posters reactions to the front end of the CONCEPT BMW 4 series Coupe at Frankfurt.....

Sorry I haven’t got any pics, but no doubt they will appear at some point!
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...ling-direction

'Describing the 4 Series specifically, van Hooydonk said: “It is a sporty coupé, and by definition it has to have a very expressive design, and you see that all around the car, not just the front. But there are not that many lines or elements – it’s not a complex design. We want to do this for all our cars: we want to have fewer elements, then each element you use plays a bigger role.”

Van Hooydonk did acknowledge, however, that it was the recent facelift of the 7 Series flagship that was the most visually distinctive – and there’s a good reason for that.

“It was part of the brief,” he said. “People liked the car, but they said by and large it looks quite similar to the previous one, so why should they buy the new one? Now everyone has noticed and production has ramped up considerably."'

So essentially - it's the BMW buyers' fault for BMW's styling - they're just giving people what they want!!
Old 10 Oct 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3933192)   #111
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...ling-direction

'Describing the 4 Series specifically, van Hooydonk said: “It is a sporty coupé, and by definition it has to have a very expressive design, and you see that all around the car, not just the front. But there are not that many lines or elements – it’s not a complex design. We want to do this for all our cars: we want to have fewer elements, then each element you use plays a bigger role.”

Van Hooydonk did acknowledge, however, that it was the recent facelift of the 7 Series flagship that was the most visually distinctive – and there’s a good reason for that.

“It was part of the brief,” he said. “People liked the car, but they said by and large it looks quite similar to the previous one, so why should they buy the new one? Now everyone has noticed and production has ramped up considerably."'

So essentially - it's the BMW buyers' fault for BMW's styling - they're just giving people what they want!!
Must have had a lot of their SUV grilles to use up.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3940625)   #112
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Ferrari Roma

3.9L V8 twin-turbo
620 hp @ 5750-7500 rpm
Rear-wheel drive
Kerby weight: 1570 kg

Quite prettier than the Portofino.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3940636)   #113
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Ferrari Roma.
Quite prettier than the Portofino.
Not difficult.
Old 18 Nov 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3941401)   #114
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I thought that was an Aston when I first saw the images.
Old 18 Nov 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3941457)   #115
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
They should have painted it red, then we’d know it was a Fezza!
Old 21 Nov 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3941946)   #116
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ferrari Roma
Damn that look pretty!
Old 4 Mar 2020, 08:44 (Ref:3961436)   #117
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Koenigsegg Gemera

'The Gemera takes its power from a high-capacity electrified powertrain which promises to push the four-seater from 0-62mph in just 1.9 seconds and onto a top speed of around 250mph'

Old 4 Jun 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3980094)   #118
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray confirmed for UK launch in 2021

'Chevrolet has confirmed European specification details for its new C8 Corvette Stingray, which will be the first Corvette in the model's 67-year history to officially be sold in right-hand-drive form.

Arriving in European dealerships in the second half of 2021, the C8 will be available in both coupé and convertible guises, from £81,700 and £87,110 respectively. All models sold here will be specified with the Z51 performance package and highly specified 2LT trim as standard.'

Old 8 Jun 2020, 09:10 (Ref:3980769)   #119
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
SSC Tuatara - less than 3 seconds from 60-120mph.

Old 9 Jul 2020, 06:15 (Ref:3986898)   #120
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Lamborghini Sián Roadster

The Sián Roadster is technically the same as the standard car, meaning it uses the same 6.5-litre nat-asp V12 as the Aventador, but uprated to 774bhp at a screaming 8,500 rpm. Said V12 is augmented by a 48-volt mild-hybrid system, which uses a small electric motor incorporated into the gearbox. As well giving a 33bhp power boost – taking the Sián Roadster up to 807bhp – it means the hypercar can reverse and manoeuvre its way around a car park without the engine running.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 15:15 (Ref:3991409)   #121
Tanker62M
Rookie

Tanker62M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just depends on the kind of engine you put in it! A 3 ton Hummer H2 would beat a 600 kg Citroen 2cv in a race; it isn't the weight of a car that makes its sporty, but the combination of all of its characteristics.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 05:16 (Ref:3991773)   #122
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Good reason why McLaren F1 GT is considered the best sports car ever built.

It weighs 980 kg
Old 31 Jul 2020, 08:08 (Ref:3991787)   #123
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Good reason why McLaren F1 GT is considered the best sports car ever built.

It weighs 980 kg
1138 kg road version actually
Old 16 Sep 2020, 19:49 (Ref:4002859)   #124
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Nissan Z Proto (which means it's still a concept)

V6 twin-turbo
6-speed manual transmission

In general I like it. But that grille... ew!
Old 30 Sep 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4007627)   #125
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
BMW 4 Series Cabrio

Cloth roof
180-370 hp engines