Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 May 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2454708)   #1
Chappelli
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
New Zealand
Auckland
Posts: 1,164
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Kiwi Racing... coming to a series near you?

Is the Phoenix rising or is it just hot air?

David John appears to be determined to keep the TKR brand alive, if not in V8 Supercars perhaps in GT3's, NZV8's.

Will he make it to the track or are their more legal issues still to come?
Chappelli is offline  
Quote
Old 3 May 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2454711)   #2
Chappelli
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
New Zealand
Auckland
Posts: 1,164
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having just read the full press release I find a couple of things quite odd.....
"It is believed TKR have also had discussions about running either a Porsche GT3 and or NZV8 Touring car in the 2009/10 Championship..."- TKR Press Release (teamkiwiracing.co.nz)
So whoever wrote this press release (and a couple of things would lead me to believe it was Mr John) is unsure on whether TKR has had discussions about running a Porsche or NZV8???? Weird???

and

"Kayne Scott - Kayne asked for the 888 car he was provided in 2008 by TKR."
-TKR Press Release (teamkiwiracing.co.nz)
I just thought that's a weird statement.... I can't put my finger on why it feels weird though.
Chappelli is offline  
Quote
Old 3 May 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2454735)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran
 
mountainstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
United States
Posts: 6,836
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't see it happening. All the money and goodwill is toast. Also if he wanted to do driver development you need someone that can develop drivers and that isn't there either.

I'm sure Kayne asked for the car probably because it belonged to him all along.

I'll be surprised if there are not legal issues and money issues to sort out. Sounds like there are plenty of creditors.
mountainstar is offline  
__________________
Wolverines!
Quote
Old 3 May 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2454746)   #4
Mark Petch
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 927
Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I don't see it happening. All the money and goodwill is toast. Also if he wanted to do driver development you need someone that can develop drivers and that isn't there either.

I'm sure Kayne asked for the car probably because it belonged to him all along.

I'll be surprised if there are not legal issues and money issues to sort out. Sounds like there are plenty of creditors.

Mountainstar,
for the record, the Scotts served a Statutory Demand on TKR, 2 weeks ago, for the sum of $380,000.

I should come as no surprise that TKR have filed a notice to defend.

It should also be noted that under this some what draconian legislation, the defendant has to satisfy the court that they are solvent.

Mark Petch.
Mark Petch is offline  
Quote
Old 3 May 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2454751)   #5
BlueBlood
Veteran
 
BlueBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Posts: 842
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a shame for Kayne and his family, but seriously, who did not see this coming?

Hope he has more luck than those who have tried before him.
BlueBlood is offline  
__________________
There is no second place, there is First and last. If you are there, then you are no where!
Quote
Old 4 May 2009, 00:07 (Ref:2454817)   #6
flyingduck
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 905
flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I say a quote that they could go to dirt track racing I have figured a way to get some money for the team Put Mr John in a demo darby and charge people $1000 to race against him I sure there would be happy to put some cash up to try and smash Mr Johns
flyingduck is offline  
__________________
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
Quote
Old 4 May 2009, 01:09 (Ref:2454845)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran
 
mountainstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
United States
Posts: 6,836
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Mountainstar,
for the record, the Scotts served a Statutory Demand on TKR, 2 weeks ago, for the sum of $380,000.

I should come as no surprise that TKR have filed a notice to defend.

It should also be noted that under this some what draconian legislation, the defendant has to satisfy the court that they are solvent.

Mark Petch.
Well I hope they get what is owed or at least most of it.
mountainstar is offline  
__________________
Wolverines!
Quote
Old 4 May 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2454848)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran
 
mountainstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
United States
Posts: 6,836
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Well I say a quote that they could go to dirt track racing I have figured a way to get some money for the team Put Mr John in a demo darby and charge people $1000 to race against him I sure there would be happy to put some cash up to try and smash Mr Johns
That would be quite the event.
mountainstar is offline  
__________________
Wolverines!
Quote
Old 4 May 2009, 01:31 (Ref:2454857)   #9
Aussie 01
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Aussie 01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys make me proud to be an Aussie.

The way you attack a person who has given a fair amount of time, money and effort to the sport in your country and is happy to still do so after all the latest cr** should not be treated as you are doing and being allowed to do on this forum.

I know Mark Petch has done his fair share for the sport in NZ but that does not excuse his underminding tactics which are obvious or he would simply keep his mouth shut and not bother posting on this forum.

However what have all you other critics done to support NZ motorsport at the same level that makes you experts and think you have the right to try and talk TKR and or Mr John down all the time like you do.

From what I have seen Mr John has always provided the funds for drivers to get their chance as Jason Richards said in the Sunday News this weekend (or did you all conveniently miss that story where he says) that he and other Kiwi drivers are gratefull for the opportunity they got thanks to David John for starting their V8 Supercar Careers.
Aussie 01 is offline  
Quote
Old 4 May 2009, 01:38 (Ref:2454860)   #10
jim beam
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2006
New Zealand
New Zealand
Posts: 19
jim beam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie 01 View Post
You guys make me proud to be an Aussie.

The way you attack a person who has given a fair amount of time, money and effort to the sport in your country and is happy to still do so after all the latest cr** should not be treated as you are doing and being allowed to do on this forum.

I know Mark Petch has done his fair share for the sport in NZ but that does not excuse his underminding tactics which are obvious or he would simply keep his mouth shut and not bother posting on this forum.

However what have all you other critics done to support NZ motorsport at the same level that makes you experts and think you have the right to try and talk TKR and or Mr John down all the time like you do.


From what I have seen Mr John has always provided the funds for drivers to get their chance as Jason Richards said in the Sunday News this weekend (or did you all conveniently miss that story where he says) that he and other Kiwi drivers are gratefull for the opportunity they got thanks to David John for starting their V8 Supercar Careers.



HUH !!! thats pretty rich considering there are a number of topics on here Trashing the promoters of the v8s from you Aussies.
jim beam is offline  
__________________
A Beam a day keeps the pit girls at play
Quote
Old 4 May 2009, 04:21 (Ref:2454914)   #11
Chappelli
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
New Zealand
Auckland
Posts: 1,164
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie 01 View Post
I know Mark Petch has done his fair share for the sport in NZ but that does not excuse his underminding tactics which are obvious or he would simply keep his mouth shut and not bother posting on this forum.
No more so than David John is allegedlly undermining the financial wellbeing of the Scott Family.

Although morally speaking, what's worse refusing to pay someone the several hundred thousand dollars you owe them or reporting what would appear to be a black and white fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie 01 View Post
From what I have seen Mr John has always provided the funds for drivers to get their chance as Jason Richards said in the Sunday News this weekend (or did you all conveniently miss that story where he says) that he and other Kiwi drivers are gratefull for the opportunity they got thanks to David John for starting their V8 Supercar Careers.
Sorry, I did miss it, I don't usually read the Sunday News. I wouldn't have thought it was readily available in Australia, so working on the assumption you read it online (since you're is Australia ) I had a look at SundayNews.co.nz... I did find a story about TKR, but it didn't have the qoute from Jason you mention....if you've got the link to the story you read feel free to post it.
Chappelli is offline  
Quote
Old 4 May 2009, 06:10 (Ref:2454940)   #12
Aussie 01
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Aussie 01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chappellie

Go back and look at SundayNews.co.nz and look under Jason Richards own section and you will be able to read it.

It has been over a year since Scott was involved with TKR so interesting now all other issues have gone dead you pull this one out but carefully put in the word allegedlly.

Does that mean you do not actually know 100% chappellie but are still keen on spreading this story????

Kayne Scott has also said as has Mark Petch that the Scott family own the
TKR car from last year yet it is still in TKR's control in Aust.

So which story is it??

Is the Scott family owed money and or do they own the car and or neither of the above stories this forum makes up.
Aussie 01 is offline  
Quote
Old 4 May 2009, 06:18 (Ref:2454944)   #13
BlueBlood
Veteran
 
BlueBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Posts: 842
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aussie,

If you have the time to wade thru it, I asked the TKR accountant that very question in this thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...112169&page=71
Somewhere about 4 or 5th of jan. Starting at post 16.

Despite several replies, I still dont know the full answer.
BlueBlood is offline  
__________________
There is no second place, there is First and last. If you are there, then you are no where!
Quote
Old 4 May 2009, 06:21 (Ref:2454945)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 44,360
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Ask a simpler question.. where is the 2008 ex-888 TKR chassis today?
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Quote
Old 4 May 2009, 06:23 (Ref:2454946)   #15
BlueBlood
Veteran
 
BlueBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Posts: 842
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read somewhere that it has been sold to the Janes for the Fijitsu series.

Can anyone confirm??
BlueBlood is offline  
__________________
There is no second place, there is First and last. If you are there, then you are no where!
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Kiwi Racing More Determined Than Ever Guss Australasian Touring Cars. 16 21 Dec 2008 21:46
Team Kiwi Racing Southern Man Australasian Touring Cars. 61 15 Jun 2007 04:32
Team Kiwi Racing Livery nicko Australasian Touring Cars. 151 26 Mar 2004 08:29
Team Kiwi Racing Evomike Australasian Touring Cars. 56 13 Oct 2003 21:16


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 22:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.