Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Jun 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3826505)   #826
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
....and Lloyd wins race 1:

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...-hatch-race-1/
Old 3 Jun 2018, 13:40 (Ref:3826508)   #827
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Amateur hour Palmer again. Being TCR, and therefore eligible for many series, at least these can be sold on to race another day...

(whereas the ex-BTCC Infinitis sit gathering dust)
How much extra would another team have to spend to bring the cars up to an acceptable standard of preparation?
Old 3 Jun 2018, 13:56 (Ref:3826512)   #828
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
How much extra would another team have to spend to bring the cars up to an acceptable standard of preparation?
Depends how much of the money that the drivers are giving DPE is going into Palmer's pockets rather than on parts.
Old 3 Jun 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3826535)   #829
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6 Laps to go from 8th to 1st for Lloyd, 6 cars finished.
Old 3 Jun 2018, 15:33 (Ref:3826539)   #830
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
6 Laps to go from 8th to 1st for Lloyd, 6 cars finished.

2 more wins for Lloyd at Castle Combe and the championship is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Jun 2018, 15:34 (Ref:3826540)   #831
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coverage is excellent and racing is good, but could do with twice the grid for me.

Kind of wanting to see Lloyd win every race...
Old 3 Jun 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3826545)   #832
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good racing this weekend although as others have said the series could do with a few more cars just to fill in the gaps a bit but fair play to the organisers and I hope they can build on what they have managed in the first few rounds. I hope West Coast Racing stay for the rest of the season with all 3 cars as well as at the moment having a team of their capability is good for the series.

Its a shame the Sam Tordoff and Danny Kroes entries didn't materialise this weekend as I think Tordoff in particular would have given Dan Lloyd a half decent run. I'm not suggesting Dan was taking it easy but I am pretty sure there was a lot of time left in the car yet - especially race 2 considering the laptimes.
Old 3 Jun 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3826567)   #833
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis Kent is really out of his depth. Far too aggressive a racer in a car that can do better.
Old 3 Jun 2018, 17:32 (Ref:3826569)   #834
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
S I hope West Coast Racing stay for the rest of the season with all 3 cars as well as at the moment having a team of their capability is good for the series.
According to Lloyd, it's still a race-by-race deal at the moment. The Bäckman siblings seem to be down to do three of the remaining four rounds- they'll miss Croft because of a clashing STCC round.

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...perfect-score/

If West Coast are committed to the STCC round at Rudskogen that weekend, and Lloyd still has funding for Croft, I wonder if he's likely to skip it, buy a ride with someone else, or will WCR be able to send a car over for him in addition to their STCC commitments?
Old 3 Jun 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3826597)   #835
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Frankly I have no idea; what Palmer is charging and what is trousered are very much unknown.

It's the lack of reliability that bugs me; did Palmer get these Alfas as second hand used and abused and do little more than put stickers on them?

In theory any one of us could hand VW/Pug etc. £100 odd K and receive a shiny new factory fresh TCR spec racer. A lad and dad could potentially buy and run one from a domestic lockup - I'm not saying that'd be competitive mind you! - so how come a professional (maybe that should be in quotes) race team can't even get a car to a flag?
Old 3 Jun 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3826598)   #836
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
According to Lloyd, it's still a race-by-race deal at the moment. The Bäckman siblings seem to be down to do three of the remaining four rounds- they'll miss Croft because of a clashing STCC round.

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...perfect-score/

If West Coast are committed to the STCC round at Rudskogen that weekend, and Lloyd still has funding for Croft, I wonder if he's likely to skip it, buy a ride with someone else, or will WCR be able to send a car over for him in addition to their STCC commitments?

I imagine they can draft in a 4th car from somewhere if one is needed for Lloyd at Croft as Ekblom will be using the car Lloyd has been driving in STCC I presume.

The other consideration is if Lloyd manages to get the funding together for long enough so that he can secure the title will he bother finishing the season and instead work on securing funding for next year.

I guess the Backmans could always decide to do Croft rather than Rudskogen considering neither have scored points in STCC yet this year. Whatever happens its great to hear they are going to be around for most of the rest of the season.
Old 3 Jun 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3826606)   #837
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was mega to see how competitive Carl Swift was this weekend. He's really started to get his head around the Leon. I guess the tie-up with Maximum allowed him to focus on the in-car job instead of the lrep/admin side of things. He certainly can pedal the car forwards.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3826692)   #838
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Even given the small grid, the racing was pretty decent.

I hope they can get 20+ regular starters for next season. I think if that happened the series would start to gain traction.

If the series were able to snatch a couple of the big drivers from the BTCC it could do a lot for its "profile". Plato is currently having a mare in the BTCC... How about Plato and Matt Jackson running cars in 2019?
Old 4 Jun 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3826711)   #839
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Plato in particular would attract media attention - main stream media attention, not just motorsport related - and that would almost certainly have a positive effect on the series.

If Flash had funds and a motor for non-clashing rounds then that'd be another media attention grabber...
Old 4 Jun 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3826728)   #840
BvtchxrSqvadNathan
Rookie

Scotland
Westmeath, Ireland
BvtchxrSqvadNathan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Even given the small grid, the racing was pretty decent.

I hope they can get 20+ regular starters for next season. I think if that happened the series would start to gain traction.

If the series were able to snatch a couple of the big drivers from the BTCC it could do a lot for its "profile". Plato is currently having a mare in the BTCC... How about Plato and Matt Jackson running cars in 2019?
Something along these lines would definitely raise the bar for the championship. But, it's getting drivers interested enough to race in it. Perhaps, that'd be the biggest issue! If there was 3/4 top drivers in for next season all fighting each other for wins and ultimately the title, it could gain as much traction as we've seen around the globe with the other TCR series!

Convincing a Plato or a Jackson to take a TCR UK seat in favour of a BTCC seat won't be an easy task though. I guess it's important to remember that, it was never gonna become a world-class series right from the off. BTCC hasn't always been a massively decorated and competitive series. It takes work to build it up! I'm excited to see how the series develops over the coming years, the format seems to be the way the overall world of touring cars is heading!
Old 4 Jun 2018, 14:53 (Ref:3826755)   #841
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Having someone like Plato or Flash run might be great for publicity, but in terms of growing the entry list, it's not really what TCR UK needs.

At the minute Dan Lloyd is dominating things. He's a good driver but not sure he is that good. He's helped by the fact that West Coast are clearly a well-prepared, professionally-run outfit. Although not difficult for that team/driver to dominate when you look at the rest of the grid.

Now add someone like Flash in a WRT-run Audi. All the rest of the grid will see will be his tail-lights as he drives off into the distance. Potential new entries will want a fighting chance of getting a good result, not a chance to get blown away by a guest entry.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3826800)   #842
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope Lloyd manages to complete the season, it would be a shame if he was left on the sidelines again
Old 5 Jun 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3826970)   #843
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope Lloyd manages to complete the season, it would be a shame if he was left on the sidelines again
He'll probably still win the title if not...
Old 6 Jun 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3827122)   #844
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Lloyd confirmed back in BTCC for Norlin. Whether he has time and funding to continue in TCR too hasn't been announced.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 11:29 (Ref:3827128)   #845
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Be interesting to see if he has the funding to do both series, as he always seems to be struggling on that front
Old 6 Jun 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3827171)   #846
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Lloyd confirmed back in BTCC for Norlin. Whether he has time and funding to continue in TCR too hasn't been announced.
Well we all said he should be in the BTCC again - didn't think it would happen this quickly though!

Apparently this won't have any effect on his TCR UK campaign. Though he'd still win it even if he did stop...

James Nash has TCR experience so maybe he'll be a driver to look out for in the future.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3827212)   #847
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Re the Motorbase Golf, From the pictures posted on Facebook today, it looks like it has a new home at Maximum Motorsport.
https://www.facebook.com/MaximumMoto...79231085633907
Old 7 Jun 2018, 08:14 (Ref:3827320)   #848
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
I guess the Backmans could always decide to do Croft rather than Rudskogen considering neither have scored points in STCC yet this year. Whatever happens its great to hear they are going to be around for most of the rest of the season.
I think the WestCoast / Bäckman sponsors want them mainly in Sweden so I don't really see them missing a round.

Would be nice if WCR could bring a fourth car with Ekblom pushing Lloyd a bit in a UK round and perhaps Lloyd to make an appearance at the STCC finale. But that would obviously be too good to be realistic.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3827446)   #849
KA
Veteran

Autosport are reporting that the second Team BMR car for 'TBA' on that leaked Brands entry list was for Warren Scott, but they couldn't source a second Honda in time- Scott says he now plans to be out for Combe and the rest of the season
Old 7 Jun 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3827448)   #850
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Autosport are reporting that the second Team BMR car for 'TBA' on that leaked Brands entry list was for Warren Scott, but they couldn't source a second Honda in time- Scott says he now plans to be out for Combe and the rest of the season
Thats great news.