Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Sep 2001, 12:36 (Ref:146923)   #1
Gvonne
Rookie

Gvonne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Egyptian Grand Prix

A little while back there was talk of there possibly being a Grand Prix held in ither Eygpt or Saudi Arabia. Even befor last weeks events I had my doubts about those two venues as well as China. Does Bernie ever think about any thing other than dollor signs or is he just doing the job he was hired to do? And now this talk about Bernie possibly taking points away from Michael because he expressed his feelings about not racing here this month after last weeks events. I would like to see the race happen but I do live close to Washington D.C. and I would understand if they decide not to run it.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 14:06 (Ref:146951)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Considering that the UAE is one of the places proposed for a GP and that the UAE is one of Bin Laden's primary sources of Funds, I can only say that Bernie is dancing with the Devil.

There is no reason for F1 to go to the Mid East, other than Tobacco Money which will be entirely gone from the sport in five years anyway.

Grab all the cash you can, while you can. Its sickening.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 14:59 (Ref:146986)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After all the trouble of the past week, F1 won't be putting one foot in the Middle East until it is ab-so-lute-ly safe and ideal to stage a race anywhere in the region.

I'm with Eero that it's disgusting how Bernie will stage a race anywhere just so he can line his pockets with more tobacco money and revenue.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 15:10 (Ref:146990)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If there's any sense in F1, they should never go there.

It's not a simple question of safety, but principles.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 15:28 (Ref:147004)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie obviously has no principles. But the bottom line is who in the hell would go there?
Old 16 Sep 2001, 15:36 (Ref:147009)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
After all the trouble of the past week, F1 won't be putting one foot in the Middle East until it is ab-so-lute-ly safe and ideal to stage a race anywhere in the region.

I'm with Eero that it's disgusting how Bernie will stage a race anywhere just so he can line his pockets with more tobacco money and revenue.
The problem is it will never be safe..
The drivers won't go there anyway so it is a mute point,Bernie or no Bernie
Old 17 Sep 2001, 07:13 (Ref:147325)   #7
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem goes further tha F1, the World Rally Championship was supposed to be dropping euro rounds for the middle east, and of course there is the FIA Middle East Rally Championship.