Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Aug 2000, 13:11 (Ref:29779)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On ESPN's RPM2Nite, they spoke with Robin Miller about rumors concerning Franchitti's future. Apparently the folks at Ford were not terribly impressed with Franchitti's speed and Franchitti himself admitted that he only drove at 80% trying to get a feel for the car. He felt that being a little cautious was better than crashing the car. Even though the Ford/Jaguar people were not impressed Jackie Stewart said that he was. He complimented Franchitti for not getting in over his head too quickly and labelled him as very smooth and capable. After all, we have all seen how Irvine and Herbert have struggled with the car this year.

But now another name has entered the equation. Honda is said to be interested in putting Franchitti in the second seat next to Villeneuve at BAR. I think that BAR may be a better fit for Franchitti at this time as they seem to be finally getting a little more reliability. The other problem for Franchitti is that Kim Green has offered him more money that anyone else has to stay with Team KOOL Green. He will be getting the same pay as Andretti who is payed the most in CART.
Old 11 Aug 2000, 19:18 (Ref:29849)   #2
Gerryl
Rookie

Gerryl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read somewhere the last few days that Franchitti has agreed a contract with Team green for 2001. Think it was on the CART site.

Ger
Old 12 Aug 2000, 22:27 (Ref:30047)   #3
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mhhh....I think that if he get's the chance to race at BAR he will take the seat. But that seat already has Oliver Panis written all over it. What Gerryl says could be true. After all......I think that he must have his doubts about the Jaguar team and maybe he feels that he can still do some things in CART....like winning the championship.
Old 12 Aug 2000, 22:34 (Ref:30049)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
The impression I got was that Franchitti got a run simply because there was a promise somewhere along teh line earlier. I can't see the guy getting in next year as the queue of probables is very long. It would be interesting to see Olivier in a competitive car.
Old 12 Aug 2000, 23:19 (Ref:30061)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport.Com says he's re-upped with Team Green. I think Panis will get that seat for next year anyway, or perhaps on a race by race basis because BAT wants a Brazilian for that seat (their market in Brazil is enormous).