Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jul 2000, 10:25 (Ref:26078)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HHF has agreed a new 2 year deal at Jordan despite rumours of moves to BAR (ridiculous) and Jaguar (realistic at one point). Jordan have not been the force we expected this season and the rest have now caught up. BUT with Honda engines next year, could this be a wise move on behalf of our German friend? Over 2u....
Old 27 Jul 2000, 10:40 (Ref:26084)   #2
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's true that the Jordan team may have had their troubles this year, but can their problems really be compared to those that their chief British rival, Jaguar (Williams is German now), are having?

At least BAR have shown some improved form this season, but I think that, with the Honda works engines from the 2001 season, H-HF's absolutely right to stay where he is. Once Eddie's crew finds that much-needed reliability in the gearbox, both Frentzen and Jarno Trulli will be challenging at every race.

Face it, he wasn't going to switch to Minardi, was he?
Old 27 Jul 2000, 10:54 (Ref:26093)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish...

Of course he's right to stay at Jordan. Why would he go to Jaguar??? He'd be MAAAAAAAAD to do so!
Old 27 Jul 2000, 12:40 (Ref:26121)   #4
Regs
Rookie

Regs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where else is he gonna go? Jordan came out of last year regarded as the "best of the rest", that being anyone not Ferrari or McLaren. Although its true this year they have'nt show much sparkle. Jag are a few years off from finishing a race, and once BAR's BAT money is gone what then for them. He's fine where he is, unless a seat opens in one of God's teams.
Old 27 Jul 2000, 12:55 (Ref:26124)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not including any reliability issues that Honda is sure to working on, I would imagine that HHF is looking forward to exploiting the straight line speed that JV has been enjoying of late. If Jordan can cure their non-engine induced problems then they could be more than just a 4th through 6th place team.
Old 27 Jul 2000, 17:36 (Ref:26165)   #6
Gerryl
Rookie

Gerryl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is he worth his seat?

Do you guys realy think HHF is worth his seat at Jordan next year? The way I see it he's been pretty lame this year . Ok reliability was poor and he has'nt had much luck but he has'nt looked the driver he can be. He's never been the most agressive a trait his fellow German drivers are known to show with abundance. Speaking as an avid Jordan fan I would have liked to see EJ pull another Schumacher out of his hat for next year.
Just to say its nice to be back at 10-10ths after nearly two months of PC DT's
regards All
Ger
Old 27 Jul 2000, 18:25 (Ref:26176)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Frentzen's motivation may have faded a little this year, with not having a car that can really challenge the likes of McLaren and Ferrari. But I should think that it was the Honda engine that was able to swing everything back in Jordan's favour, after the talks with Jaguar etc.
Old 27 Jul 2000, 23:56 (Ref:26280)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That, and the fact that Frenzy just plain likes the guys at Jordan. Remember he needs a bit of nursing, and they know ohw to do it.

Whn Trulli goes off to [Ferrari][Benneton] then I hope EJ gives Alesi one more kick at the can - in the right car that man would show them all. And EJ knows just how to handle him, too.
Old 28 Jul 2000, 00:11 (Ref:26285)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree - Alesi in the Jordan would truly be the best combination possible on the grid at the moment I think.

When Jordan get those nice new Honda engines, of course.
Old 28 Jul 2000, 12:01 (Ref:26436)   #10
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
But what would they use as a gearbox? I mean, you could hardly trust this year's one, with all the grief it's caused the team...

It's nice to see that some other people don't think Alesi's past it. He's still one of the most popular people in F1 circles. It's just a shame he'll probably go out not having won races galore, or even a title.

Oh for God's sakes, bring back Tyrrell!!

Yes, this one!!

PS. I know that's not him driving, but it's a better photo than any I got of Jean...
Old 28 Jul 2000, 18:05 (Ref:26496)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm...well, maybe it's Alesi's own fault. Remember, he was offered the chance to drive for Williams. He had a contract just waiting to be signed. Then Ferrari offered him a drive, and there was a seat at Williams going begging. Maybe he would have been champion if he'd had the car - but then, maybe it's his own fault that he never did.
Old 28 Jul 2000, 19:08 (Ref:26509)   #12
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
MAAAAANSELLLL!!

That's a classic case of thinking with heart rather than head. Alesi may have had the chance to be champion with Williams - and he probably would have - but Williams drivers are never remembered. Ferrari drivers, as long as they 1) win a title or 2) win people's hearts, will always be deemed heroes to the Tifosi. Alesi made the popular choice, rather than the more sensible one...

Only two Williams drivers are really recognisable now because they're rather -- um -- large!! Goodyear Blimps!! Hey, Fatbloke?
Old 28 Jul 2000, 19:18 (Ref:26511)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Re: MAAAAANSELLLL!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Danielsun
That's a classic case of thinking with heart rather than head.
Well, that's Alesi's problem. He doesn't use his head enough. He must have felt pretty stupid when the Williams just couldn't stop winning and he was lumbered with a car that was...not winning...