Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Apr 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3525886)   #1
zere
Rookie

Germany
zere should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An Email To Audi, Porsche and Toyota

*This is a Mail sent to the participating WEC works teams Audi, Porsche and Toyota*
*This was sent on Friday, April 10th, 2015, approx. 22:40 CEST.*

Dear Audi, Porsche, and Toyota team,
I have been a fan of the World Endurance Championship for several years now. I very much appreciate the technology involved in any of your competing cars, the high level of racing you provide to the world's audience and the competitiveness involved within it. Paired with the friendly sportsmanship between your teams, and, especially, your drivers, the WEC is, to me, the most exciting racing series to watch, and I, personally, consider it to be the 'pinnacle of motorsport' at this time.

Last year, in 2014, the WEC scrapped the free online livestream of the WEC races and introduced a 'paywall' instead. While I, as a fan, was not too happy about that (as I could have watched the WEC on Eurosport for free), I could understand the reasoning behind that. Then again, knowledgable motorsport-racing online communities brought up some rumours that the works teams (you!) were not too happy about that, since it reduced your stream presence.

Now, in 2015, we are on the verge of the 6hours of Silverstone. It is Friday night, and the 1st and 2nd practice sessions are already done. I would love to watch the Qualifying tomorrow; I would love to watch the race on Sunday.

But I can't.

I would love to buy the 2015 season package of coverage for the World Endurance Championship, and watch your racing teams go head-to-head for victory.

But I can't, because the WEC won't let me.

Please, understand, I want to give my money to the WEC for a livetiming and a livestream of all the race action, but it won't let me.

You want to see your brands represented.
And I want to see you race.
I want to watch your brands race and I am willing to pay for this, but the WEC is preventing this, it seems, on purpose.

The official WEC website, www.fiawec.com, is not offering anything in regards to this. In fact, the information about how to watch the WEC is non-existent; the WEC's information politics is abysmally bad.

I am writing to you, the works teams, now, in a glimpse of hope to watch the fantastic show which you all will, no doubt, provide, because I do not know what to do any more. Pressure needs to be set on the WEC, now.

By you.

Because, else, all I will be able to take note of the WEC race is Monday's 10-line article in my local newspaper, telling me who won in Silverstone. If I'm lucky.

Please, take this matter up to Gérard Neveu and his WEC-team, and make him act upon it. Because a news entry ( http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/the-we...-you_3013.html ) that claims that I will be be able to "watch the World Endurance Championship on TV or online around the world", without telling me how to do so, and actually trying to prevent me from subscribing by hiding any information, is just going to drive me away from this series.

Best regards,
Holger from Germany