Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 14 Feb 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3884111)   #61
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...-aston-martin/

Di Resta to Aston. Aston will debut at Hockenheim apparently with 4 cars.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3884113)   #62
Matt K
Racer

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to have him in the DTM. Actually I thought he was going to be a hot candidate to the seat. I already can't wait to see this Aston.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3884121)   #63
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jake Dennis will drive the 2. Aston.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3884129)   #64
Matt K
Racer

Both of them have been predicted by me some time ago, now it's interesting to see who are the other two. But I think it may be Kirchhöfer and Maxime Martine.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 23:26 (Ref:3884275)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Good choice, he will give them much needed experience
Old 15 Feb 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3884281)   #66
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Both of them have been predicted by me some time ago, now it's interesting to see who are the other two. But I think it may be Kirchhöfer and Maxime Martine.
KIRCHOFER, MARTIN, DENNIS, DI RESTA would be a pretty solid line up
Old 16 Feb 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3884577)   #67
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having already booked flights and accommodation for Zolder I am very relieved to hear that Aston Martin will be represented by 4 cars. Jake Dennis was an instant cult hero in Australia after the B12 so it will be interesting to see him in DTM.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3884593)   #68
Matt K
Racer

If there are four Astons instantly, there'll be 18-car grid again as BMW's customer team is highly unlikely.
Old Yesterday, 11:35 (Ref:3885201)   #69
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferdinand Habsburg driver no3 for R Motorsport. A little left field..

Rumour is 4th driver is Daniel Juncadella which I think is a good choice

Would have liked to have seen Kirchofer in there, I guess he will stay with the Blancpain Programme
Old Yesterday, 11:58 (Ref:3885210)   #70
Matt K
Racer

Habsburg is some sort of surprise for me but it'll be great to see him in DTM. But when it comes to Juncandella I don't think he'd be a right choice. He's never really set the world on fire and Aston already has a driver with DTM experience. Maxime Martin would be a brilliant choice IMO.
Old Yesterday, 12:56 (Ref:3885225)   #71
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Habsburg is some sort of surprise for me but it'll be great to see him in DTM. But when it comes to Juncandella I don't think he'd be a right choice. He's never really set the world on fire and Aston already has a driver with DTM experience. Maxime Martin would be a brilliant choice IMO.
Juncadella is confirmed.

I agree Martin would have been perfect, however he is a Aston Martin factory driver, and this is not an Aston Martin customer supported programme, so they are obviously not providing factory drivers in support as they do with the GT3 efforts.

I wonder if the position here from Aston is to claim lack of connection until the programme is proven a success, then they might start claiming it, and supporting it some more.
Old Yesterday, 13:12 (Ref:3885232)   #72
Matt K
Racer

Yeah, you're right, this is why I'd thought Martin was unlikely and now obviously it's out of question. I'm not Juncandellas fan but on the other hand he's been DTM's mainstay and kay prove important for Aston.

The fact of R Motorsport outfit not being supported in any way by Aston Martin is a bit disappointing but hopefully this won't hinder their programme.
Old Yesterday, 16:50 (Ref:3885302)   #73
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Juncadella is confirmed.
I wonder if the position here from Aston is to claim lack of connection until the programme is proven a success, then they might start claiming it, and supporting it some more.

Prodrive is alledgedly really angered that someone else started an Aston Martin programme without any involvement from David Richards' squad. I think Richards is against an Aston Martin entry into a "touring car series" on principle. But even Aston's German branch so far chose to ignore DTM, instead promoting the brand's involvement in the ADAC GT Masters.

So I just wonder how R-Motorsport was allowed to run Aston silhouettes in the first place. Because if so many people are not in favour of DTM, surely someone would have put the kibosh on that one. But I guess they prefer the license fee they're surely getting from R-Motorsport.
Old Yesterday, 19:26 (Ref:3885377)   #74
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Prodrive is alledgedly really angered that someone else started an Aston Martin programme without any involvement from David Richards' squad. I think Richards is against an Aston Martin entry into a "touring car series" on principle. But even Aston's German branch so far chose to ignore DTM, instead promoting the brand's involvement in the ADAC GT Masters.

So I just wonder how R-Motorsport was allowed to run Aston silhouettes in the first place. Because if so many people are not in favour of DTM, surely someone would have put the kibosh on that one. But I guess they prefer the license fee they're surely getting from R-Motorsport.

Well they are allowed because they have permission from the manufacturer.

The manufacturer is Aston Martin, not Prodrive. Do they can be angry but have no say in the matter.