Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Apr 2016, 18:54 (Ref:3636967)   #251
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
1. I assume that you are not on the payroll yet. Regardless it doesn’t matter. Even if you are, or if you have a contract or offer (verbal or written) in hand, nothing is set in stone. You could still very well screw yourself and your chances to make this work.
That's why I'm being so cautious on specifics. If it doesn't pertain to matters the team is trying to keep under wraps, they don't particularly care.

Quote:
2. You have an expectations that you can both keep your identity a secret and also that you have your disclaimer that your opinions are your own and not those of the team. You may eventually be exposed and while you would like to think that you are keeping your work and personal opinions separate, sadly that is now how the world works. Your future employer may not care about your attempt at segregation and how consider how you act outside of work as reflecting upon them.
I have already been quite clearly told they do not care how I act outside of work as long as I am not claiming to represent the team at the time, and am not doing anything illegal.

Quote:
3. You may or may not know what you are talking about. But given you are hiding behind a secret identity, it also creates a situation in which you have close to zero credibility because you can’t validate your bonafides. Anyone can claim the things you are saying (even if you might actually be telling the truth). You are currently in a no-win position when trying to use your “inside” knowledge. Your forum "reputation" rating here reflects that.
If I cared about reputation, I'd have given up on these things long ago. Despite my current forum reputation, I have a long-standing reputation outside of here of being disturbingly accurate - when dealing with claimed fact or predicting future trends I'm usually either spot on or at the very least on the right track.

Despite this, I've always been treated by a great many people as someone who knows nothing because they don't want to acknowledge that someone they don't know the identity of could possibly know anything or figure things out.

That said, however, I have not yet had enough to establish this pattern on THIS forum, so I make it a point to only take issue with people who have crossed the line between "forceful debate" and "outright insults."

Quote:
4. If I was you, I would crank it down a few notches. Your priority should be on making your new job successful and not about proving you are right or “in the know” online. And you get too easily sucked into arguments. I am not sure who plays the role of “troll” in some of your flame wars. I suspect there is a bit of it on both sides. But you take the bait too easily. Someone is going to goad you into screwing up if you let them.
All I'm going to say to this is that I've done nothing here that wasn't part of the sort of comments in other places that attracted the attention of the team in the first place.
Old 2 May 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3637838)   #252
stevea968
Rookie

stevea968 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a cool thread. Enjoying all the feistiness. FF - everyone expects your team to win every round now that you've bigged yourself up.
Old 2 May 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3637916)   #253
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea968 View Post
This is a cool thread. Enjoying all the feistiness. FF - everyone expects your team to win every round now that you've bigged yourself up.
You know what I find rather funny about all this? All the complaints I've been countering are about a car that isn't even racing anymore.
Old 16 May 2016, 22:07 (Ref:3642267)   #254
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The racing action was maybe not the best due to the weather but I liked the cars race into the dark at Pau. I have not seen race 2.
Old 16 May 2016, 22:42 (Ref:3642274)   #255
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The racing action was maybe not the best due to the weather but I liked the cars race into the dark at Pau. I have not seen race 2.

Dusk race was cool, Pau is a little tight for GT but it was interesting.

There was an awkward moment when a camaro overtook a Maserati round the hairpin but they could turn sharply enough so just sort of stopped dead
Old 16 May 2016, 23:17 (Ref:3642278)   #256
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
GT4 European Series night race at Pau! Wow, I hadn't heard about it.

It should become an all-star race, with French sports car drivers like Romain Dumas, Loic Duval, Stephane Sarrazin, Benoit Treluyer, Nicolas Lapierre, Emmanuel Collard, Olivier Pla, Nicolas Prost, Nicolas Minassian, Fred Makowiecki, Patrick Pilet, Simon Pagenaud, Sebastien Bourdais and Kévin Estre.

If it's not GT4, it could be Porsche Cup.
Old 17 May 2016, 09:10 (Ref:3642361)   #257
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also great action in race 2 at Pau, with the eventual winners on a Porsche Cayman making heavy contact while battling for the lead against a BMW on the next to last lap, spinning around, yet being able to get the checkered flag. The BMW, however, was left unmovable on the track.
Old 17 May 2016, 09:27 (Ref:3642362)   #258
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Dusk race was cool, Pau is a little tight for GT but it was interesting.

There was an awkward moment when a camaro overtook a Maserati round the hairpin but they could turn sharply enough so just sort of stopped dead
Very tight circuit indeed. Probably not a favorite track for the Maserati and Camaros, which are rather big cars. Interestingly, their presumed disadvantage is not really reflected in the race results, with the top Camaro (4th place in race 1, 2nd place in race 2) and Maserati (4th place in race 2) achieving good results.
Old 17 May 2016, 12:26 (Ref:3642385)   #259
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
GT4 European Series night race at Pau! Wow, I hadn't heard about it.

It should become an all-star race, with French sports car drivers like Romain Dumas, Loic Duval, Stephane Sarrazin, Benoit Treluyer, Nicolas Lapierre, Emmanuel Collard, Olivier Pla, Nicolas Prost, Nicolas Minassian, Fred Makowiecki, Patrick Pilet, Simon Pagenaud, Sebastien Bourdais and Kévin Estre.

If it's not GT4, it could be Porsche Cup.
GT4 race 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymPW-NA5BHo

One or two years ago the French Porsche cup had a race at Pau. I I remember well Loeb took victory.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 07:43 (Ref:3649576)   #260
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone: No KTM

Not even one KTM raced at Silverstone for the 3 Hours "endurance" race...a temporary absence only?
Old 14 Jun 2016, 07:44 (Ref:3649577)   #261
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It was never down as a round of the Reiter Young Stars element of Euro GT4
Old 14 Jun 2016, 07:56 (Ref:3649580)   #262
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
It was never down as a round of the Reiter Young Stars element of Euro GT4
Thank you! Missed it Graham, do you know anything about the Chevron? It seems they were building a new chassis at the beginning of the year, a second driver was found, expected to see them at Silverstone, it wasn't the case. Does it have something to do with Jordan&David Witt racing a Bentley in the GT Cup? Thanks
Old 15 Jun 2016, 15:40 (Ref:3649947)   #263
88racing
Rookie

United Kingdom
nr Milton Keynes, UK
88racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fausto View Post
Not even one KTM raced at Silverstone for the 3 Hours "endurance" race...a temporary absence only?
Fuel tank too small for endurance racing? Just a guess.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 16:32 (Ref:3649975)   #264
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88racing View Post
Fuel tank too small for endurance racing? Just a guess.
No, I would just think it'd make the field too big and one round less - and one far away from Reiter's base - means less budget needed for the drivers in the KTM one make cup.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 11:52 (Ref:3653814)   #265
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last night the two Chevrolet Camaro's and BMW M3 GT4 we race with at Competition102 GT4 European Series were destroyed in a major fire

https://www.facebook.com/LasMorasRacingTeam/
Old 20 Jun 2016, 16:24 (Ref:3653869)   #266
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
Last night the two Chevrolet Camaro's and BMW M3 GT4 we race with at Competition102 GT4 European Series were destroyed in a major fire

Old 20 Jun 2016, 17:06 (Ref:3653880)   #267
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Quote:

Sorry to hear about the fire. Sad news indeed.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3662141)   #268
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
BMW To Add M4 GT4 To Customer Racing Range From 2018

BMW Motorsport will replace the BMW M3 GT4 in their customer racing range in 2018 with the BMW M4 GT4.

The close-to-production car based on the BMW M4 Coupé will complete its first tests at the end of 2016 ahead of customer deliveries for the start of the 2018 season.

“The GT4 category is currently experiencing a boom,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “It offers affordable motorsport with cars of technical high-quality and, therefore, attracts a wide target audience. We see enormous potential around the world for privateer BMW teams for whom the BMW M4 GT4 is an option. Developing a classic customer racing car such as this and offering it to privateer teams has always been one of BMW Motorsport’s core competencies. This also was the case with the predecessor model, the BMW M3 GT4, which is still in action in international race series today. The BMW M4 Coupé provides the ideal basis for our new GT4 model. This is a strong base for our engineers to close the gap between our customer racing spearhead, the BMW M6 GT3, and the BMW M235i Racing for newcomers with a car that is extremely sporty in its production version. The BMW M4 GT4 is designed perfectly for simple use by privateer teams, who can celebrate successes around the world as ambassadors for BMW Motorsport with this model.”

The entire drivetrain, including electronics, will be taken from the BMW M4 Coupé. The carbon bonnet comes from the BMW M4 GTS, and the BMW M4 GT4 has carbon-fibre doors, a special motorsport front splitter and rear wing, as well as a racing exhaust system. The seats, the brakes and the pedal box use solutions carried over from the BMW M6 GT3.

BMW Motorsport will also use the new challenger to bring talented young drivers closer to the GT3 class as part of the BMW Motorsport Junior Programme. The first cars are due to be delivered to customers in the second half of 2017. The first possible race appearance will be the 24 Hours of Dubai in January 2018.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...from-2018.html
Old 30 Jul 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3662144)   #269
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Audi:
Quote:

We know that you were evaluating the potential for a TT in GT4 spec, how is that progressing?

“A green light for a GT4 (based on the TT) car is a little way off – we have done some evaluation but it is not the car I expect us to be delivering as the next new customer product.

“In terms of a next project I would expect a TCR spec Touring Car (based on the Audi A3) to be the next new product to be signed off (the VAG ‘sister’ company’s VW Golf TCR is shown below).

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...is-reinke.html
Old 30 Jul 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3662150)   #270
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
2017 Schedule:

Quote:
GT4 European Series Northern Cup
1-2 April - Misano
6-7 May - Brands Hatch
TBA - Zandvoort
27-29 July - Spa-Francorchamps
TBA August - Austria or Hungary
16-17 September - Nürburgring

GT4 European Series Southern Cup
15-16 April - Nogaro
20-21 May - Pau
1-2 July - Dijon
TBA September - Magny-Cours
30 Sep-1 Oct - Barcelona
14-15 Oktober - Paul Ricard

Old 30 Jul 2016, 19:37 (Ref:3662228)   #271
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
2017 Schedule:
The two cups (Northern and Southern) are run in alternate weekends. Does that mean that teams may enter both?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3662232)   #272
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I assume you can enter both.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3662265)   #273
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
There will definitely be a lot of GT4 racing in Europe next year.

Will be interesting to see how many more teams and cars there will be compared to this year.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 01:16 (Ref:3662343)   #274
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
The two cups (Northern and Southern) are run in alternate weekends. Does that mean that teams may enter both?
I think that's the idea, several teams will do both but can get two different driver lineups.

Pity not to see Monza on the schedule.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 01:20 (Ref:3662346)   #275
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Late to say so, but I'm sorry to hear that; I have really enjoyed watching (and hearing) your Camaros at tracks for the last few years. I hope they were insured and you will be able to come back in future.