Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Apr 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1282345)   #76
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is getting very off topic, but as there was no F3 racing at Spa maybe that isn't a bad thing.

First - 10-Tenths. Although there are no significant conditions on joining, there are significant limitations on what you can and can't post. So it isn't a free-for-all. Regarding the posting of links, this is not acceptable in a commercial or advertising context, but it is in a couple of circumstances: either in answer to a direct question ("where can I buy a race suit online?") or as a source for a story ("Jamie Morrow signs Ferrari test deal according to somewebsite.com"). Otherwise, they shouldn't really be linked.

Good PR v Bad PR. Yes, there is both kinds. But good PR in the wrong place becomes bad PR at a stroke. As I look at it now, TT is not the right place.

FF1600 websites. There is a very good one that is operational

And in terms of the final point No 4 makes: yes, we should admire those drivers who attempt to better themselves. Good PR can help, but ultimately their performance on the track is a far more important factor.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1282351)   #77
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
right, lets leave that topic alone please.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1282494)   #78
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to point out I have nothing personal against any drivers in any formula...I may not think they're the next best thing, I may not like their PR, I may not like there behaviour on track but I've got nothing personal against any of them....I mean I don't even know any which hopefully allows me to give a pretty unbiased view on many subjects.

Anyway as Bella says....back on topic....
Old 20 Apr 2005, 07:37 (Ref:1282719)   #79
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unbiased, but perhaps uninformed? Anyway, as Bella says back on topic, so no more from me on PR.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:27 (Ref:1282806)   #80
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
You could say uninformed if you wish, but I have my sources out there...and many of them!

And at the end of the day, its results that count not the reasons behind why you didn't get them. The results are there for everyone to see, whether your informed or not.......
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1282811)   #81
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This argument is taking up 2 threads
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1282816)   #82
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I'm gunna shut up now anyway!

Back to the racing, motorsportnews believes that the two missed Spa rounds could be raced at an overseas circuit, which one anyone any ideas?

Anyone informed know if that doesn't happen the most likely venue for these extra rounds to be added too?
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1282823)   #83
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaz - lets agree to differ and move on. Come and say hi at the Hillspeed garage when you're next at a FR race.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1282849)   #84
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chas, if your press releases that are supposed to be banned by the forum rules are generating you masses of sponsorship then surely you should be giving some back to the site and the volunteers who work very hard to moderate this forum and keep it more respectable than any of the other forums.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1282967)   #85
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Very good call Mackmot!
Old 20 Apr 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1283168)   #86
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
one more post on the matter on here and i shall get my axe out. i mean it this time.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 22:12 (Ref:1283389)   #87
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was only thinking of you
Old 23 Apr 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1284957)   #88
Murray Talker
Rookie

Murray Talker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been away for a few days so only just caught up with the fun and games...

All opinion positive or negative is welcome - its a democracy isn't it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Same judgement apply's to good or bad PR.

Gaz has his opinion - sometimes he's correct and sometimes he's not - but that's in my opinion of course.

The danger for ten tenths is that the site becomes a mouth piece for a select few. Stop trying to find problems - as long as there are no abusive, racist postings whats the problem.

Give the site wings let is fly and you'll encourage a much wider take up and increased posting.

Bye the way - I've had to look at a VAN QUOTE DIRECT advert while I've been writing this. How much to advertise 'SPEEDY' DAN CLARKE on your site?

Chas...
Old 23 Apr 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1285045)   #89
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by No 4
Ten Tenths is also a public forum and as such free to everyone (including PR people) to say what they want, providing it is not libelous, personal or offensive.
And as long as it follows the guidelines laid down in the FAQ which has specific limitations on what is acceptable in order to maintain the quality of the forum.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1285088)   #90
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the risk of steering the debate back on topic, one of the Spa races will probably be run at Knockhill, not sure about the second yet.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1285109)   #91
Murray Talker
Rookie

Murray Talker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zurich

I had heard Croft and Monza but still waiting for a confirmation.

Chas
Old 23 Apr 2005, 14:27 (Ref:1285116)   #92
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess they're about as sure as we are then!

Is it right that Stoddart won't be allowed to start either race?
Old 23 Apr 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1285237)   #93
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
of course she won't!
Old 24 Apr 2005, 04:17 (Ref:1285423)   #94
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there's doubt she will be able to complete the season..
Old 24 Apr 2005, 07:28 (Ref:1285457)   #95
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSportRacer
there's doubt she will be able to complete the season..
Would be interesting to investigate what happened in simlar circumstances in the past? ie; race abandoned after practice and run months later at a different circuit? In 1966 practice took place on Friday Apr1 for F2 International 200 at Oulton Park.Come saturday morning heavy snow-meeting abandoned.Race was rescheuled for Brands Hatch in October,by which time at least one of the original qualifyers was dead.Complete new practice with several extra entrants was held. I suggest this would make more sense and could include Susie if she is mobile by then.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1285512)   #96
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Complete new practice with several extra entrants was held. I suggest this would make more sense and could include Susie if she is mobile by then.
It would make very little sense to the already stretched timetables...
Old 24 Apr 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1285574)   #97
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Looking at recent history, there was a rained-off Silverstone race held at Snetterton last year and the same thing happened at Thruxton (I think from Croft) a couple of years earlier. Both used the original grid. Anything else does indeed put a big strain on timetables.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1285608)   #98
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Lets have an extra practice session just so we can accomadate Susie! My word, it just gets worse and worse........

Last edited by Gaz; 24 Apr 2005 at 11:20.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1285971)   #99
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaz, you really have a chip on your shoulder about women racing in a man's traditional world, get over it, and move on.
Soddart is the best female racing driver out there, and deserves the media attention she generates.

She and her management team work bloody hard hard to generate the media attention which in turn supplies the buget for her to compete.

How many Brit F3 driver's managers was in the Imola F1/GP2 paddock over the weekend.................! I know of 1, and it was not for any male driver.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1285985)   #100
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I have nothing against female racing drivers, I don't seperate the males from the females, they're all racing drivers to me! Which is why I continually get peed off when someone who has only a handful of podiums to themselves, no race wins, no championships, no poles, nothing gets so much media attention and hype just because they are female when drivers who ARE achieving get nothing (be it male or female!)!If she was winning or even looking like it then I'd have no problem, as I have no problem when people are raving and writing about drivers such as Conway, Bridgman, Dirani etc!

People on here talking about her being the next best thing and even talking about holding an extra practice session just so she can race!lol! They wouldn't say that if it was Lou Cheng or Ronayne O Mahony would they? And Susie's hardly proved herself to be much better than either of them to be honest!

And just cos yer managers in the paddock means nowt! No F1 team boss is stupid, surely he can see the results pages as clearly as me! Although every team boss is male and I think all have attractions for the opposite sex so..............

To sum it up if she was achieving on the race track and getting the results to back up her amount of print then I'd have no problem. But there's other, much more talented drivers out there who aren't getting the coverage they deserve (which could increase their career chances) when average racers like Stoddart are, just because they're female!

Last edited by Gaz; 24 Apr 2005 at 17:05.