Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Jun 2008, 06:22 (Ref:2231624)   #51
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSA Member
One correction too the Aston Martin is being built by Kerry Bailey, Dean Randle is rebuilding his Saab after the crash at Sandown last year with a new chassis and composite body.
Of course........ how silly of me.

Anyone know when both the Randle and Bailey cars will be ready?
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 23:11 (Ref:2232298)   #52
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi guys, I know that we are now getting some new Sports Sedans on the horizon, but some of the cars going around are fairly old. Is the Ricciardello Alfa the same one that, IIRC John Smith won the Sports Sedan title in the early 90's in ????? If so would this be Australia's most successful racing car ??? 7 titles I think.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 02:43 (Ref:2232336)   #53
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure on it's history, but as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - until now there's not been a car to really rival the Ricciardello GTV, but the time they are a changin'.....
Old 19 Jun 2008, 02:57 (Ref:2232340)   #54
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bring back Gillespie's BMW!
Old 19 Jun 2008, 04:11 (Ref:2232354)   #55
ASSA Member
Racer

ASSA Member should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not 100% sure on the Alfa's complete technical history but no doubt it has been heavily developed over the years. The body work details for instance now days are different to how it was back in 1992 (earliest that I have photos of the car).

For the record it was Brian Smith who drove the car before Tony did and he won the championship in 1994 when it was held over a single meeting at Sandown as the Australian Sport Sedan Championship. The car also ran in the Thundersport series that year but I am not sure where it finished in the point score.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 07:46 (Ref:2232408)   #56
revhead05
Rookie

revhead05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
Brian lost it at turn one at 165km/h and hit the fence with a 2g impact... not sure what happened as nothing broke on the car, and he was at the same point on the track and speed as he been going all race long...

At least Lee set a new lap record, not a bad effort for his fourth ever race meeting, third in a Subaru and first at Phillip Island
This crash happened right under my nose, and I can vouch that it was a big hit. In fact it was the biggest crash into the bank I have seen at turn 1 in a long time - and I have seen a few! I also have a full sequence of pictures but don't know how to post them here!
What was really amazing is that the Suby drove away and back to the pits after its massive hit, trailing all sorts of debris, and leaving the marshalls with quite a fix-up job on the tyre barrier after the race.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 08:47 (Ref:2232449)   #57
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bring back Gillespie's BMW!
Has this car been running any state races at all Crash?

From memory it only ran once in the national series at QR..... I haven't heard anything about it in a fair while.......
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2232520)   #58
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaarg
I recall he (hossack) jumped the start (from the track radio) in race 2.
How do you jump a rolling start when you are the pole sitter?
Old 19 Jun 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2232521)   #59
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 XR8
Has this car been running any state races at all Crash?

From memory it only ran once in the national series at QR..... I haven't heard anything about it in a fair while.......
Didnt it get caught in a fire at somepoint and had to be rebuilt? Maybe Business commitments as well have put the car in the shed
Old 19 Jun 2008, 11:23 (Ref:2232537)   #60
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett
How do you jump a rolling start when you are the pole sitter?
I didn't know it was a rolling start until it was mentioned in this thread, I was parked on turn 6 so couldn't see the start regardless. I just recall the commentary over the pa/radio.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2232547)   #61
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps Hossack jumped the green flag and wasn't lined up with whoeever was second?

Gillespies car caught fire at QR last year from memory, I'm not sure if it's run since, it was a major fire. But damn it was fast!
Old 19 Jun 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2232554)   #62
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
RS500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i a have a feeling once we get all the cars in the track at once the racing will be awesome. Was the XKR Jag out at PI? there was one parked in a truck at malllala.

Dean Cam's car looks like it was a bit slower than i would have expected ( i know it was its first time for the car)
Old 19 Jun 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2232581)   #63
alfacors
Veteran

If the Jag was blue it was probably Daniel Jameson's car? I think he had a mechanical issue which put him out.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2232587)   #64
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
RS500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no it wasn't the jameson car (well the blue one at least), there was some talk around sandown last dec about a second XKR coming in. This one at mallala was black, red and gold, couldn't see up the sides on the back of the car while it was tucked away in the transporter
Old 19 Jun 2008, 13:20 (Ref:2232626)   #65
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS500
no it wasn't the jameson car (well the blue one at least), there was some talk around sandown last dec about a second XKR coming in. This one at mallala was black, red and gold, couldn't see up the sides on the back of the car while it was tucked away in the transporter
I believe that car is Bernie Gillon's the previous owner/driver of the mustang that Luke Youlden is driving.
In Pit Lane had a camera out at PI and we've got interviews with Luke about his car and with Tony Ricciadello about the difference between the traditional Aussie Sports Sedan and the TranZam cars.
I hope to have it up on the podcast sometime over the weekend.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 00:45 (Ref:2233086)   #66
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did Gillespie crash last year or the year before? Crickey... getting old and losing memory or something

...but from memory, it was either leading or close to leading on debut on a horsepower track, so there are things other than Chevs out there capable of winning.

I believe Geoff has gone back to working in the short term, and make some more money to invest in the BMW. Can't wait to see it again!

Also with respect to the rolling start, I think you are supposed to do 80km/h up untilt the green flag, but Hossack definately left a bit early after having a few stabs on the accelerator...

Also again, Revhead05 check your PMs
Old 20 Jun 2008, 04:21 (Ref:2233131)   #67
ASSA Member
Racer

ASSA Member should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did Gillespie crash last year or the year before? Crickey... getting old and losing memory or something

...but from memory, it was either leading or close to leading on debut on a horsepower track, so there are things other than Chevs out there capable of winning.

I believe Geoff has gone back to working in the short term, and make some more money to invest in the BMW. Can't wait to see it again!
It happened in 2006, I think either the fuel rail or the plenumn chamber some how broke which started the fire. He didn't crash the car but the fire blew out the back window which was fairly dramatic. At the time he was running in the top 3, not a bad debut at all for such a new car, it will be good to see him come back.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 01:34 (Ref:2235319)   #68
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interviews with Luke Youlden and Tony Riccidello are now up on the In Pit Lane podcast. Just search for In Pit Lane at the iTunes music store or go direct to http://www.archive.org/download/Pitl...Vodcast041.m4v