Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Feb 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2629458)   #51
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Brian but you will still need to have a stressed ECG.My argument as i have posted in the past"whats the difference racing in an international race or a clubbie at Lydden Hill. " as far as your heart condition goes.Your old ticker does not know the difference between them.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2629472)   #52
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure there was some form of risk assessment done when setting these rules. Something like the risk of the licence issuer being sued if you had a massive heart attack and went and killed someone at Lydden versus an "international event". I'm being cynical of course but probably not far from the heart of the issue.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2629475)   #53
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Probably more monied people in a position to sue at an International, then there is the price of the damaged cars!
Old 9 Feb 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2629710)   #54
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Al you are starting to sound like a scratched record!
Roger it is unfortunately ironic that the only fatal heart attck I have witnessed in a race was the FIA sanctioned BRDC Historic Sportscar race supporting the Britich GP in I think 03 when the greatly missed David Haynes tragically died at the wheel of his Lotus 15.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2629823)   #55
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Back in the early 80s I was in an MG race when a guy had a fatal heart attack and hit the pit wall. Turned out he had a heart condition and just signed his own medical card anyway. Then I remember someone driving into the infield a Combe and when they went to him after the race he was dead.

What actually surprises me is that we DON'T have medicals between 18 and 45. There's a hell of a lot of dangerous conditons that can crop up in nearly 30 years. Never mind the sight issue!
Old 9 Feb 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2629852)   #56
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We used to... back in the Seventies, when I was in my early twenties, we had to have a medical every year.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2629963)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thinking on the same lines max.A college of my wifes 27 years old,never a days illness in her life,just keeled over whilst at work,dead before she hit the ground! Turned out to be a congenital condition that because she had never had cause to complain,was completely unaware of the condition.!!
Scary stuff really.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2630077)   #58
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had better get back on track boys this is getting a bit sad.Tel have you given up those nasty stick things you stick in your mouth.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2630088)   #59
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave them up ages ago,not as good as ciggies.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 05:56 (Ref:2640716)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Not really wanting to stir this thread up again, but for anyone considering Motor Racing Legends Woodcote, Moss Trophy or Pre War this year the licence requirement is International Historic or International C for all races. Not sure if this was the case last year, but 'forewarned is forearmed' or whatever the saying is
Old 26 Feb 2010, 08:12 (Ref:2640758)   #61
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
goood colour thanks Mike - cant think why they are stipulating that but they make their own rules!
Old 26 Feb 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2640941)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
goood colour thanks Mike - cant think why they are stipulating that but they make their own rules!
Stop press! On another form stipulates Nat A or Int Historic- so maybe needs clarifying if anyone has Nat A and is entering
Old 26 Feb 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2640953)   #63
simon drabble
Veteran

to be honest unless it is a race sanctioned by FIA it is unlikely to insist on International licences
Old 26 Feb 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2640969)   #64
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
You were right the first time Mike, it's in the technical regs here, second paragraph in.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2640972)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
You were right the first time Mike, it's in the technical regs here, second paragraph in.
Yes, that's what I saw Tim. Then on page 4 of series entry form says the other. Anyway, having gone to all that trouble to upgrade this year am not affected

BTW Tim or someone please teach me how to do that link thing where you don't need whole gobbledegook- never worked that out (or is it secret )
Old 26 Feb 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2640973)   #66
simon drabble
Veteran

completely unneccessary and to be honest licence snobbery as anyone out there could have an Int licence if they chose but if that floats the Legends boat then Int it is - good job I am not competing in it!
Old 26 Feb 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2640975)   #67
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

BTW Tim or someone please teach me how to do that link thing where you don't need whole gobbledegook- never worked that out (or is it secret )
No it's not like the Freemasons here
It's easy, highlight the word you want to associate the link with, then click on the little "earth with a paper clip under it" symbol at the top of the message box, you then get a box come up with http// in the field box. paste or type the url of the link you want to show in there making sure you don't end up with two http//'s in the link and click OK.
Simples innit.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2640977)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
completely unneccessary and to be honest licence snobbery as anyone out there could have an Int licence if they chose but if that floats the Legends boat then Int it is - good job I am not competing in it!
Easy Tiger! Probably a clerical error...........

Tim- Errrrrrr- I'll let you know!
Old 26 Feb 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2640981)   #69
simon drabble
Veteran

haha its been a long week