Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Apr 2000, 05:48 (Ref:2380)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In a bit of a desperate move to get some more competitors onto the track, Toca has allowed the 4 wheel drive Audi A4s back into the ASTC.

Now the only people who are happy about this are Audi and Toca. Although the cars are old, they are thought to still be quicker than any of the front wheel drive cars of similar vintage.

Yay or nay folks?

Should they have let them into the BTCCand others, so at least there would be another manufacturer??
Old 8 Apr 2000, 06:42 (Ref:2381)   #2
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But considering their performance in the STW, you don't think the "older" A4s can take on the "newer" cars? They seemed to be still quite incredible cars?

But despite that, how many cars will race? I mean Brad Jones Racing will still race 2 cars at most right? At most they will change from FWD back to Quattro? Unless some other guys rent the Quattros???

Does someone know something more that I don't know??
Old 8 Apr 2000, 06:47 (Ref:2382)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you'll find that BJR still has 1 A4 in their shed, but they shouldnt have a problem sourcing another one. If any more race i would be very surprised. You hear of people wanting to run them, but a big lack of $$$$ means it never happens...
Old 8 Apr 2000, 16:24 (Ref:2383)   #4
kmchow
Veteran

Crash test wrote:

>I think you'll find that BJR still has 1 A4 >in their shed, but they shouldnt have a >problem sourcing another one.
>
Wait, what happended to all the others? I thought BJR had 2-4 Quattros plus 2 FWDs? Where did all the cars go? I guess those SEATCZC ones never showed up last year?

>If any more race i would be very surprised. >You hear of people wanting to run them, but >a big lack of $$$$ means it never happens...
>
Exactly, so what's the use if TOCA Aus. allows Quattros to race again? It's not like people will be rushing to buy/race them? If the other ST teams buy/race them, there isn't a net addition of cars to the series? Or was BJR considering pulling out and the only way to get them back in was with the Quattro allowance?

Old 8 Apr 2000, 23:15 (Ref:2384)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
"Or was BJR considering pulling out and the only way to get them back in was with the Quattro allowance?"
-Bingo. Apparently Audi says having the A4 fits in more with their target audience, as the FWD lacked relevance.
Old 11 Apr 2000, 01:09 (Ref:2385)   #6
Phesto
Rookie

Phesto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well I hope that if Toca Aus. is allowing the A4's to keep BJR around, I hope they decide to go all out this year, and import other cars/teams, and drivers from other series for this years Bathurst. You know, to keep the audience around.
Old 11 Apr 2000, 07:31 (Ref:2386)   #7
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Um...where you been Phesto ?

There aint no Super Tourer Bathurst this year...it's been canned dude.

Old 26 Apr 2000, 23:20 (Ref:2388)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
This just my personal conspiracy theory, put they've put it back, and they'll keep putting itr back and it will never happen. What if the bum completely falls out of Toca Aust. this year? Theres going to be no race next year. Promoters wont be too keen to have Toca coming to their tracks (like Sandown did to the Lites) if you can get more people in to watch a regularity trial.

Who's going to be running in the New Auscars? The grids in that wont be huge, remember a few speedway people have gone V8. Porsches are no more, the guts of the commodore cup has been torn out and the bum has fallen out of that. If people didnt attend the races last year, they've got buckleys this year. When were their best crowds? When they sucked off the trucks at Oran Park. That would probably be the way to go. Toca can boast that they attract all of the spectators to the truck meetings (********).

March? Bugger, well i doubt i could go anyways if it aint in the holidays....
Old 27 Apr 2000, 10:57 (Ref:2387)   #9
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not canned, but moved to March 2001.

I'm actually looking forward to a return of the Bathurst 1000, despite the odd date. Audi A4, BMW 320i, Alfa 155, Ford Mondeo, Peugeot 406 etc Super Tourers vs the Holden Commodore, Ford Falcon, Mitsubishi Magna Future Tourers could be quite interesting.
Old 28 Apr 2000, 03:32 (Ref:2389)   #10
kmchow
Veteran

Not just in ST, but Audi seems to be pushing their A4s in SP, GrpN,etc..? Audi NA has announced backing of A4 Quattro teams in both top(??) touring (as close as we can get??) car series in North America.