Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 10 Oct 2004, 10:17 (Ref:1120173)   #1
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1995 Hilclimb Champion wins ETCC

Congratulations Andy Priaulx

After taking the plunge in furthering his career after his great 1995 Championship year Andy has won the 2004 ETCC Championship.
Well done for having the tenacity and courage to go for it.

I would be interested to see him go for it in an F1 car against the other Brit hopefuls. Come on BMW transfer him to your F1 team.

If not can we have him back please.

All the best for whatever you do next Andy.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 10:53 (Ref:1120194)   #2
ranoff
Racer

ranoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a moment that a whole lot of us have been waiting for. Whilst I am sure the whole world of hill climb is toasting Andy's success, many of us miss his skills.

Can you imagine a season long battle between Andy, the current champion Adam Fleetwood and past champion Graeme Wight Junior?

Just keep on doing what you are doing Andy.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 12:14 (Ref:1120265)   #3
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Mrs BlackX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Andy

I was introduced to Hillclimbing just as Andy was close to leaving... What a really nice man and a very talented driver too... I only saw him compete a couple of times and wish I had seen more...

I know that blackx will add his congratulations upon his return from Donnington himself..

Yeah BMW, lets see him in an F1 car....

ranoff, now that would be one interesting season....

Shireen
Old 10 Oct 2004, 12:55 (Ref:1120292)   #4
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you both. Could you imagine Andy behind the wheel of a modern Gould hill climber.
Bear in mind in his championship year he was slaughtering records in a Pilbeam that had been round the block a few times. The year before that he was in a 2.8 Hart-Beattie engined Pilbeam and was regulary upseting the big V8 boys.
In fact even the year after his championship, at the Loton Easter opener, he took the record again if I recall. correctly.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1120360)   #5
Matt Dillon
Racer

England
Dudley
Matt Dillon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Andy. I agree it would be great to see him compete against Adam & Graeme Wight Jnr.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1120361)   #6
Matt Dillon
Racer

England
Dudley
Matt Dillon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Andy. I agree it would be great to see him compete against Adam & Graeme Wight Jnr.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 18:43 (Ref:1120439)   #7
eastwyke
Rookie

eastwyke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Met Andy whilst spannering for one of tne other BTCC teams when he was doing BTCC , lovely bloke but hear he was a bit of a whinger. Congrats none the less as it takes great skill and determination to be a multi discipline champion. Just ask my old mate John
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:11 (Ref:1120530)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wonderful news, and a great performance from a truly nice chap. Well done Andy. this year Europe, next year the world!
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:15 (Ref:1120539)   #9
abigail
Racer

abigail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My my eastwyke such a name dropper. All these things from your dark and mysterious past! We don't think the criticism of Andy is very fair. He is well loved in the hill climb community and we would have him back tomorrow. We also know of a couple of others who have Mr S's phone number in their little black book. And there are a few in yours that you would not want the old trouble to know about, eh? Mind you, the Butler says that if you are not careful we may have to tell everyone about that incident in the friterie at Spa all those years ago you naughty boy!
Love Abigail xxx
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1120555)   #10
eastwyke
Rookie

My Dear Abigail
The incident at Spa was well documented in the press of that era and is well forgotten. As I said Andy is a lovely bloke and I take people on face value unles proven to me to be any different, it was only hear say from others in the know.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1120557)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Folks, can you please keep on topic and leave the personal comments about each other for somewhere more appropriate.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 20:22 (Ref:1122575)   #12
eastwyke
Rookie

What is that it?? No one got any stories about heroics from BB or VDT. It would be nice to hear from some of the island viewers.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 20:47 (Ref:1122593)   #13
paddock.one
Racer

England
Cumbria
paddock.one should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant result for Andy P! Though I knew of his hillclimbing success I first met him doing Renault Spyders at Oulton Park, then F3 and BTCC. Great guy, very focused but always approachable. Delighted at his ETCC success - he's worked hard for it - the only way is up!
Old 12 Oct 2004, 20:49 (Ref:1122595)   #14
abigail
Racer

abigail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Promise not to be personal again dear boy, but some Islands comments would be nice as you say. Must be plenty out there, and Deano finished 5th in Championship which must have been best CI performance since Andy.
love Abigail xxx