Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 May 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2688251)   #1
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MGCC @ OULTON PARK - THANKS

On behalf of the MG Car Club can I thank all the 239 Marshals who gave up their Saturday to ensure that we had a very successful race meeting. The support of so many of you was truly magnificent and greatly appreciated. Your skills, organisation, and efficiency ensured that a rather ambitious program, was not only completed with no cutbacks, but finished some 15 minutes earlier than expected.

Special thanks go to the various Chiefs on the day, i.e. Ken, Nadine, Ian, Mike, Vanessa, Dave and Graham. Your input on the day was second to none and made my job so much easier and a pleasure to work with.

We hope you all enjoyed your day, and that you will support us again when we return next year, because it would be impossible to run so successfully without you.
Thank you one and all
Old 11 May 2010, 08:16 (Ref:2688475)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
As one of the 239 marshals (so that's why I had three flaggies!) I'd like to thank MGCC, for another great meeting. Close racing as usual, but good driving standards minimised the number of incidents - very noticeable from Knickerbrook in, where we saw some heroic overtaking!

It's always a pleasure to marshal MGCC meetings; the hat & flask were just the icing on the cake.
Old 11 May 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2688533)   #3
Sparky-steve
Racer

United Kingdom
Sparky-steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
As one of the 239 marshals (so that's why I had three flaggies!) I'd like to thank MGCC, for another great meeting. Close racing as usual, but good driving standards minimised the number of incidents - very noticeable from Knickerbrook in, where we saw some heroic overtaking!

It's always a pleasure to marshal MGCC meetings; the hat & flask were just the icing on the cake.

i would second that. great racing, super cars and a very enjoyable day.
looking forward to the next MGCC meeting.

personal thanks to you John, for sorting that little problem out
Old 11 May 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2688737)   #4
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
On behalf of the MG Car Club can I thank all the 239 Marshals who gave up their Saturday to ensure that we had a very successful race meeting. The support of so many of you was truly magnificent and greatly appreciated. Your skills, organisation, and efficiency ensured that a rather ambitious program, was not only completed with no cutbacks, but finished some 15 minutes earlier than expected.

Special thanks go to the various Chiefs on the day, i.e. Ken, Nadine, Ian, Mike, Vanessa, Dave and Graham. Your input on the day was second to none and made my job so much easier and a pleasure to work with.

We hope you all enjoyed your day, and that you will support us again when we return next year, because it would be impossible to run so successfully without you.
Thank you one and all
Always a pleasure and never a chore!!

We had a good days racing down at Island/Foulstons
Old 11 May 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2688765)   #5
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So glad I had a day free from hillclimbing to be able to assist as one of the 239 (especially as I first joined the MGCC in 1966). An excellent day
Old 11 May 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2688787)   #6
CJCA
Rookie

United Kingdom
Salop
CJCA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one of the drivers I would like to thank the men and women in orange for taking time out of their weekend to allow us to race I can now conclude that my new aerodynamic device on my metro was slowing me down 6 seconds a lap!! I wondered why I was getting some good waves from you guys on the slowing down lap!!!

Thanks Again, and see you at Silverstone

Chris Astley (MgMetroCup #16)
Old 12 May 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2689064)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Lewis View Post

We did! I particularyly liked the "Yellowish" (Tis what it said in the programme!) Montego Estate.

Think I got there before John on Saturday as the lady on the gate insisted I was JOHN Mitchell and tried to force me to have HIS ticket! No problems getting in tho!

On a personal note.......nice to eventually work alongside Ian after a couple of years of threatening to do so
Old 12 May 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2689281)   #8
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
We did! I particularyly liked the "Yellowish" (Tis what it said in the programme!) Montego Estate.
That blew a huge hole in his engine right in front of me at Knickerbrook. Nice chap even if he was a bit peeved at losing his engine!

A good day in all, enjoyed the Metro's particularly!
Old 12 May 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2689291)   #9
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
That blew a huge hole in his engine right in front of me at Knickerbrook. Nice chap even if he was a bit peeved at losing his engine!
Very impressive from Knickerbrook in! As it came over Hill Top I thought "That car's starting to smoke"; as it passed me I thought "It's smoking heavily"; I was just about to pick up the phone & call it in when it went bang. . . saved me the trouble!
Old 12 May 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2689371)   #10
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I had mentioned the possibility of a station wagon challenge just prior to that as well.

Just my luck. Hope he gets it sorted out and out on track very soon.
Old 13 May 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2689887)   #11
Chrisbie
Rookie

Chrisbie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCA View Post
As one of the drivers I would like to thank the men and women in orange for taking time out of their weekend to allow us to race I can now conclude that my new aerodynamic device on my metro was slowing me down 6 seconds a lap!! I wondered why I was getting some good waves from you guys on the slowing down lap!!!

Thanks Again, and see you at Silverstone

Chris Astley (MgMetroCup #16)
Great meeting,
6 seconds a lap, maybe you should have got out and shut it.....
Old 13 May 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2689931)   #12
Sparky-steve
Racer

United Kingdom
Sparky-steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Lewis View Post
Always a pleasure and never a chore!!

it was even though you was picking on me
last time I'll tell you the bolt size of a Metro rear bumber fitting

look forward to being on post with you again always a good time
thx Ian
Old 19 May 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2693846)   #13
CJCA
Rookie

United Kingdom
Salop
CJCA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Chrisbie, thank you for the photo, it's definately one for the scrap book!! I now need to double clip the boot to keep it down!! I think I would have been quicker if I got out and closed it! But at the time I didn't realise it was open! I have the mirror set up so that I don't see any of the boot frame, just the window. Once again, thank you to all marshals for allowing us all to have fun see you at Anglesey this weekend to those going, and Silverstone for MGLive.

ChrisAstley