Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Nissan Motorsports LMP1 will do how many WEC events in 2016?
Absolute full season 9 20.45%
Le Mans + post-LM races only 5 11.36%
Le Mans + pre-LM races only 7 15.91%
Le Mans only 10 22.73%
Selected races from 'wherever' only 5 11.36%
No events at all, they'll withdraw for good 7 15.91%
I'm selling these fine leather jackets... (Troll Option) 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Dec 2015, 20:36 (Ref:3596678)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Veggie How many races for Nissan in '16?

It's off season and not much to talk about. So how about another meaningless poll. But it's an interesting (passionate?) subject. So vote about Nissan! Vote it now. Or don't.

Bonus question no-one will probably answer: Will they make it to the Paul Ricard Prologue?

The voting will end at Jan 1 2016.

NOTE
This thread was not meant for flaming. Just a serious question as the moving goalposts and other shenanigans of 2015 regarding this project have taken quite effect on how we reflect on things, at least that's how I see it. Just take it lightly. It's Christmas, Yule, soon after all. Or Holidays as the politically correct answer is.

See?

In the smiley slot, someone got rid of our old favorite though.

Wait maybe this isn't the best context example... oh well
Old 9 Dec 2015, 20:42 (Ref:3596680)   #2
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Sneaky edit, but I'm still half-expecting this to be moved in 3, 2, 1...

I'm going to go for a full season without prologue, which handily fulfils my Christmas cheer quota for this year.

Last edited by J Jay; 9 Dec 2015 at 20:48.
Old 9 Dec 2015, 20:50 (Ref:3596682)   #3
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Poll lacked poll Unless you meant it figuratively or some shiz.

I think they'll do (not Prologue but) Silverstone, Spa and Le Mans. Then they'll withdraw. Not sure if for good, as in finally finally, but withdraw nevertheless. This is based on no knowledge... however as mr Data would say, there is nothing to prove otherwise either, so it's a valid answer.
Old 9 Dec 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3596702)   #4
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My opinion is the car never races again.
Old 9 Dec 2015, 23:49 (Ref:3596731)   #5
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
My guess is Le Mans only. They'll run out of time to be ready in time for the pre-LM rounds again, especially as the hybrid isn't supposed to be ready before well into the year..

Le Mans will be a disappointment but not quite as much as this year, maybe they can get as close to the front runners as Toyota was this year, if things go really well.

That won't be enough to convince the big wigs to keep this thing running though and the program will be pulled post LM. That's my guess
Old 10 Dec 2015, 01:43 (Ref:3596745)   #6
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Porsche was in development for 2 years and was fast in its first season even if not quite capable of challenging Toyota until later in the season, compare that to Nissan which I'm going to guess has a hell of a lot less budget than Porsche, has a completely unproven concept, a lot of trouble in development and it its first race was fast in a straight line but was holding up GTE-Am cars through the corners, we've heard they've improved a lot but given their history it's not unreasonable to not expect much from them.

Still with the fact that they are apparently not going to be running the hybrid until well into next year I'm going to be extremely optimistic and say Le Mans + post LM races, maybe Spa if they somehow manage to be absolutely on top of their game.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 02:13 (Ref:3596746)   #7
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Voted LM only.

Bonus question: No. They will not make it to prologue.

I haven't seen or heard anything that indicates the car has improved to the point of competitiveness with other factories. P2 speed = another year of "we'll race LM cause that's all we believe matters, then go back to private testing to work out what ever is causing the massive speed deficit."
Old 10 Dec 2015, 03:32 (Ref:3596755)   #8
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Team Principal said they'll be at every race. I guess he's lying like Darren Cox
Old 10 Dec 2015, 05:12 (Ref:3596765)   #9
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Voted LM only.

Bonus question: No. They will not make it to prologue.

I haven't seen or heard anything that indicates the car has improved to the point of competitiveness with other factories. P2 speed = another year of "we'll race LM cause that's all we believe matters, then go back to private testing to work out what ever is causing the massive speed deficit."
There is no way it will be competitive until it has a hybrid system in it
Old 10 Dec 2015, 08:30 (Ref:3596782)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I voted Le Mans + pre-LM races only. They'll race at Silverstone and Spa, and it'll be poor. They'll stick around till Le Mans, with the idea that it'll be better there. It'll be last of the constructors, and then they'll pull out.

Bonus claim: Anyone who claims to have inside knowledge and makes bold claims on this forum, will also be wrong. Just like last year!
Old 10 Dec 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3596807)   #11
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I voted Le Mans + pre-LM races only. They'll race at Silverstone and Spa, and it'll be poor. They'll stick around till Le Mans, with the idea that it'll be better there. It'll be last of the constructors, and then they'll pull out.
This came to my mind when I voted. But I seriously hope that will not happen.

Quote:
Bonus claim: Anyone who claims to have inside knowledge and makes bold claims on this forum, will also be wrong. Just like last year!
I recently listened to RLMs pre season show and oh how wrong they were. Mostly about Toyota and Nissan.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 11:20 (Ref:3596815)   #12
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in doubt between never racing again or LM only but I'll vote for the second option as, after spending money on this year's car, they will feel the need to justify that with, at least, it's presence at LM, even already knowing beforehand that they'll be massively slower again.

Anyway, I have no expectations for this project and, sadly, I think Nissan will be out of LMP1 after this season.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 12:38 (Ref:3596829)   #13
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted no races. The saying bad publicity is better then no publicity doesn't hold true for car manufacturers. Nissan is better off withdrawing and start working on a car that meets the 2017 regs.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 14:49 (Ref:3596854)   #14
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, I would like to see these cars on track - but only if they can be somewhat competitive. And only if they deliver on their repeated promise to participate all season long. Nissan is a manufacturer after all!

However, with 'hybrid development' running late again this coming season I fear Nissan will be no shows at Silverstone and Spa but still trying to gear up for LM and repeat their 2015 program. It would be good therefor if the ACO takes a stance against this type of 'public testing' and pull their entries and replace them by the next 2 entries on the reservelist (for example, pull 1 entry for no show at S'stone + the second one for no show at Spa).
Old 10 Dec 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3596857)   #15
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't vote because my guess isn't a choice but I believe they'll miss the prologue and whatever race they make it to later will also be embarrassing and their last with this concept. We can already see some backing away from some of the more radical (and highly PRed) elements but there's mot enough time to make it work.

Plus - Renault F1 hybrid? The worst in the series and unreliable at 200 mi. Puleeeease!
Old 10 Dec 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3596861)   #16
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Plus - Renault F1 hybrid? The worst in the series and unreliable at 200 mi. Puleeeease!
True, but that was mostly the actual up-and-downy oily bits that burn fuel aka the actual engine. The KERS and MGU-H, with a bit of work, can survive a Le Mans distance.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 15:32 (Ref:3596862)   #17
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I selected the "Troll" option because I don't think there was an answer for what I think "could" happen. I can see them missing prologue and maybe Silverstone but running Spa and beyond. The argument for potentially missing some events early is the same as last year. Lack of time to get it all working correctly. But I think its more than likely they will run the full season.

Richard
Old 10 Dec 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3596916)   #18
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they will make a big effort to get onto the grid at Silverstone, but they'll miss the prologue. They'll do Le Mans and then quietly disappear (to gear up fully for a more conventional car in 2017).
Old 22 Dec 2015, 15:24 (Ref:3599444)   #19
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/1...-wec-lmp1.html

So who voted for no races at all? You were right. The project is once again canned for 2016.
Old 22 Dec 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3599541)   #20
Deleted
Veteran

Congratulations. Of course, as the poll is still scheduled to run few days, some people now will get to vote with knowledge in mind and look wiser than the rest on us