Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the race?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 6 20.69%
7 7 24.14%
6 2 6.90%
5 4 13.79%
4 1 3.45%
3 0 0%
2 1 3.45%
1 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Oct 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3460773)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Japanese Grand Prix 2014

What score do you give the race?
Old 5 Oct 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3460782)   #2
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1, for the manner in which the race ended.

Thoughts with Jules.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3460790)   #3
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd give it 0 if I could.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3460823)   #4
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst my thoughts are with Jules - I think it was a pretty good race. The rain helped out - and we had some decent battles - Danny, JB, Vettel. Then there was Lewis and Nico. Only the safety car periods at the start and the end marred it. A very strong 7/10 for me.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 13:38 (Ref:3460826)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8 for me.

Last race I complained about the race timer graphic showing up and indirectly minimized the effort Whiting and others put in...they made every effort to give us the full race distance today under far worse conditions. That's professional.

In hindsight the start behind the SC was the perfect length as we got a very clean restart.

Lots of smart and clean wheel racing. Drivers and teams did great with the little tire info they had. Multiple racing lines and multiple race strategies good times.

Hope the best for JB and I thought a very classy move not showing the incident.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3460830)   #6
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I'm hoping that Jules will get well soon, I watched the whole race without sleeping. With Vettel on the podium and Adrian Sutil being the witness of the Bianchi accident, this ended with an average rating for me.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3460903)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Race itself was not great and events mean I could only give it 4
Old 5 Oct 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3460932)   #8
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a five, would of been more if track management had been up to the task.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3460943)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Typhoon conditions warned the race should be have done on Saturday evening. Now we're afraid to lose a driver's life for that negligence. 1.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 19:40 (Ref:3460975)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a bad race in itself. I found the tyre strategy vs. the weather and how the driver's adapted as the track changed quite absorbing. Unfortunately it was marred, obviously by the shadow of Bianchi's crash but also in the rather confused way the race ended. 7
Old 5 Oct 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3460992)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
8 for the race. 0 for the ending.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3461006)   #12
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a 5 as therte were some good parts but you have to question other parts re decisions which affected everybody, and which perhaps resulted in Bianchi being where he is?
Old 5 Oct 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3461013)   #13
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It sounded like there was some good action when it was green, from the BBC Live Text, but I don't feel like giving any sort of rating like this for the race now. Rating: N/A (Not Applicable).
Old 5 Oct 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3461015)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Jules bianchi is all I care about right now...
Old 6 Oct 2014, 12:55 (Ref:3461240)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Jules bianchi is all I care about right now...
Agreed. 2 from me. A bit of a 'mare from the very start.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 03:37 (Ref:3461580)   #16
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7, almost 8, not taking the Jules crash into account of course as that would make it -10.

The pass for the lead and some of the other battles, particularly Vettel and Ricciardo coming through with some creative lines, was exciting to watch. If they'd gone back to racing at the end there may have been a wild finish, with Vettel and Button on fresh inters on what would likely be a drier track again.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 04:33 (Ref:3461586)   #17
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What happened to Jules is terrible and I hope he gets well soon. His accident will likely lead to changes in how disabled cars are recovered, driving instructions for double waived yellow sectors and when the safety car is deployed to name a few. That being said the race itself was quite exciting and entertaining as wet races often are.