Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Aug 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3921379)   #76
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tire Tech Minute is on the coverage. I do hope there is nothing going on
Old 4 Aug 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3921391)   #77
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Braun got punted by the Vette, lucky to save that from the tires!
Old 4 Aug 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3921394)   #78
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Driving standards just fell, someone is mimicking the nascar race!
Old 4 Aug 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3921395)   #79
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drive Wide, Harry.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3921396)   #80
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
If Mazda could swap exactly half of Jarvis' timidity with exactly half of Tincknell's aggression, they'd have two cracking drivers.

As it is, they've probably lost this race to a post-race penalty.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3921397)   #81
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last lap madness.

Weavey weavey weave weave.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 21:19 (Ref:3921398)   #82
TF110
Veteran

United States
Great finish. Ticknell got really defensive there on that last lap, thought he'd be passed.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 21:35 (Ref:3921401)   #83
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHAT A RACE!

IMSA is the ultimate sportscar series by far!

action, drama, strategies and ever less SC

the only thing to fix is the stupid points system, the silliest in the whole motorsport, that won't let mazdas to seriously compete for the overall champ since 55 and 77 recovered just few points back from acura #6 despite 3 wins in a row.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 22:09 (Ref:3921407)   #84
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Pfaff Porsche now 2 in a row in GTD, and Keeting/Bleekemolen are having a bad year.
Old 5 Aug 2019, 02:35 (Ref:3921418)   #85
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
If Mazda could swap exactly half of Jarvis' timidity with exactly half of Tincknell's aggression, they'd have two cracking drivers.

As it is, they've probably lost this race to a post-race penalty.
I had to leave for the last hour, but just caught up on the recording. I was watching with my mother-in-law who has never seen a race and when that last lap move happened in 5-6 I said "that's a penalty" and had to explain to her why. So far I have seen no penalty in the reporting.

She also didn't understand the timing with commercials in the last 20 minutes. I had to say that when the race is live i can watch with no commercials and constant timing and radio so i don't miss a thing. But she thought the nbc coverage left something to be desired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Pfaff Porsche now 2 in a row in GTD, and Keeting/Bleekemolen are having a bad year.
Great to see Pfaff win again, but i have to feel bad for the Riley crew at this point. Can't catch a break.

also, how good is it to see another caution free race!
Old 5 Aug 2019, 12:39 (Ref:3921504)   #86
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Going back to the last safety car at CTMP. I think we are now at over 5 hours and 30 minutes of green racing straight. Could expand to 8 hours if VIR goes the way it should.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 03:13 (Ref:3921605)   #87
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Going back to the last safety car at CTMP. I think we are now at over 5 hours and 30 minutes of green racing straight. Could expand to 8 hours if VIR goes the way it should.
I don't know, all that grass is asking for trouble when GT3's are going to be lapped. Hopefully it goes all the way or mostly green.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3921678)   #88
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I don't know, all that grass is asking for trouble when GT3's are going to be lapped. Hopefully it goes all the way or mostly green.
My wishes match yours for sure. Must say though that grass is better than the sand traps. The VIR race in 2017 had a lot of cars go off the track but they went back on every single time. Hence the race when caution free. In 2018, there was 1 yellow for the Porsche RSR stalling on track.

I am still making the case that any situations for debris or stalled cars should be at most a code 60. IMSA needs to implement this for those situations. The races have been proven to be better when the fields are not artificially bunched together. Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, and Road America just from this year has shown that. Its a winning formula for a racing series. Not artificial safety cars (ahem..SRO..NASCAR) But let it play out naturally over the 2 hours 40 minutes or whatever length the race is.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3921682)   #89
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I had to leave for the last hour, but just caught up on the recording. I was watching with my mother-in-law who has never seen a race and when that last lap move happened in 5-6 I said "that's a penalty" and had to explain to her why.
I posted this on Facebook, sorry to repeat---
For the first part of the move, Tincknell went wide on the right and then headed back across the track—and across Cameron’s nose—almost in a continuous motion. Tincknell then moved back to the center of the track blocking Cameron.

The first move was possibly a reactionary move---which is a penalty. However, it could also be seen as a continuataion of Tincknell's path across the track from the extreme right edge and and back to the left lane.

The second move—well, drivers aren’t allowed a second move, nor a reactionary move, and this was both.

However—the Acura Hit the Mazda when Cameron made his aggressive move to the right to get past Tincknell on the other side. So … was that avoidable contact? And after going frame by frame through the video, it seems Cameron hit Tincknell before Ticknell reacted and moved back to the middle.

That would mean the Cameron in the Acura gets the penalty. But, since Tincknell moved after Cameron hit him, should it be offsetting penalties?

Or—how about, it was just good, hard racing?

Mitigating factors—Montoya had been blocking pretty aggressively during his stint, and —most important—Last Lap of the Race.

It has been pretty well established that IMSA lets a little slide on the final lap. I have seen a few things happen this year which might have warranted attention in the opening laps but slid by because IMSA wants drivers going for it for the win.

For one thing, it is hard racing, which excites fans. For another no matter who wins, everyone is talking about it, which attracts sponsors.

Since I can see grounds for penalizing both drivers here …. Which would give the win to Ollie Jarvis in the #77 Mazda, and create even more outrage—I’d say a no-call is a good call in this situation.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3921683)   #90
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
My wishes match yours for sure. Must say though that grass is better than the sand traps. The VIR race in 2017 had a lot of cars go off the track but they went back on every single time. Hence the race when caution free. In 2018, there was 1 yellow for the Porsche RSR stalling on track.

I am still making the case that any situations for debris or stalled cars should be at most a code 60. IMSA needs to implement this for those situations. The races have been proven to be better when the fields are not artificially bunched together. Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, and Road America just from this year has shown that. Its a winning formula for a racing series. Not artificial safety cars (ahem..SRO..NASCAR) But let it play out naturally over the 2 hours 40 minutes or whatever length the race is.
I recommend reforming the insurance companies and standards, don't think that decision will at all be in the hands of the sanctioning bodies. If the marshals were employees maybe they could but with the level of risk management required nothing shy of a FCY will be ok with companies covering the events any longer.