Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Jun 2015, 08:44 (Ref:3553809)   #26
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
The article states that Michael Bartels will be driving; however the entry list says that Nick Mancuso will be driving. I wonder why the last minute switch.
I was hoping both would be on the entry list! Bartel as a Vita4one team entry, and Mancuso for Maserati Corse. But it seems that is not going to happen.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 12:08 (Ref:3553848)   #27
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Lots of Maseratis in the Trofeo support race: http://www.maseraticorse.com/maserat...ti-Trofeo.html
Old 25 Jun 2015, 12:22 (Ref:3553853)   #28
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
The article states that Michael Bartels will be driving; however the entry list says that Nick Mancuso will be driving. I wonder why the last minute switch.
His dad's money, car dealership, and sponsorship at the track probably.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 17:28 (Ref:3553914)   #29
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
I was hoping both would be on the entry list! Bartel as a Vita4one team entry, and Mancuso for Maserati Corse. But it seems that is not going to happen.
Looks like there is actually two Maseratis in GTS, one for Mancuso and one for Gianmarco Rainmondo.
http://www.world-challenge.com/image...Entry-List.pdf
Old 26 Jun 2015, 07:40 (Ref:3554025)   #30
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Looks like there is actually two Maseratis in GTS, one for Mancuso and one for Gianmarco Rainmondo.
http://www.world-challenge.com/image...Entry-List.pdf
A late entry - excellent!
Old 26 Jun 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3554096)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Today and tomorrow look like Chamber of Commerce weather in Elkhart Lake; Sunday, not so much. Hope the storms stay away but a little dampness on Sunday will add some interest to the event.

I hope to catch some of the action, but it's another busy weekend racing and personally!
Old 27 Jun 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3554293)   #32
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No live streaming this weekend either? Advertising it on the Pirelli site but its not on.
Old 27 Jun 2015, 18:20 (Ref:3554295)   #33
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://world-challengetv.com/

It's on right now....
Old 27 Jun 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3554297)   #34
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
http://world-challengetv.com/

It's on right now....
Yeah, silly me thinking 15 minutes past the hour meant 15 minutes past the hour...
Old 27 Jun 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3554298)   #35
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
It started at 15 minutes past the hour?
Old 28 Jun 2015, 19:27 (Ref:3554550)   #36
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Standing starts simply need to be canned.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 19:46 (Ref:3554559)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
i've been watching the IMSA race, what happened?
Old 28 Jun 2015, 19:54 (Ref:3554564)   #38
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
i've been watching the IMSA race, what happened?
Three cars stalled - Leizinger and two others. You can imagine what comes next ...

It was cleared up pretty quickly and IIRC only 1/2 cars had to retire, but it's yet another caution period for a series that produces as much yellow as green.
Old 28 Jun 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3554566)   #39
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Three cars stalled - Leizinger and two others. You can imagine what comes next ...

It was cleared up pretty quickly and IIRC only 1/2 cars had to retire, but it's yet another caution period for a series that produces as much yellow as green.
Thanks, a stalled car on the grid can be a scary sight.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 04:50 (Ref:3554642)   #40
Tim Adams
Rookie

Tim Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there today. It is really ridiculous to have a standing start on a course that has a 4-5 minute yellow flag lap. I felt like I was at a Tudor race!!
Old 29 Jun 2015, 11:56 (Ref:3554683)   #41
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They're pretty useless, if everyone crashes into each other every time and we basically end up with a rolling start anyway (but after some cars have been damaged).

Other than that, great racing. Felt a bit sorry for Enge, he did great, just kept getting punctures. But he wasn't the only one plagued by that...
Old 29 Jun 2015, 13:04 (Ref:3554697)   #42
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
On the Ferrari support race on Sun. things got a bit wrong:

Driver reportedly okay (climbing outta the wreckage by himself), obviously car went airborne and into the fence, no report on how crash started.

Reported repair took about an hour and half but no delays on the schedule, did anyone notice something to the start of the GTS race on Sunday?

All pics + info from the SCCA flaggers page on Facebook.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 13:11 (Ref:3554699)   #43
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Wow, strange place to go off through the catch fencing.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 13:33 (Ref:3554705)   #44
Coach Ep
Veteran

just before T5. I reckon if your car gets tapped at high speed before the brakes are touched this could be the result. Not saying that is what happened but not too hard to imagine either.

Waiting to hear from anyone who was there.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 21:52 (Ref:3554795)   #45
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Driver reportedly okay (climbing outta the wreckage by himself), obviously car went airborne and into the fence, no report on how crash started.

Reported repair took about an hour and half but no delays on the schedule, did anyone notice something to the start of the GTS race on Sunday?

All pics + info from the SCCA flaggers page on Facebook.
Was in the paddock at the time, so all I saw was a bunch of catch fencing and Ferrari parts on two flatbed trucks. Didn't hear anyone saying what exactly happened to cause the wreck.
The Road America guys did a very quick repair, hour and a half sounds about right.

The Lunch period on the schedule allowed them to repair it while staying pretty close to the original.
Old 29 Jun 2015, 22:42 (Ref:3554802)   #46
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Weekend was very enjoyable in person, racing was pretty solid, though they definitely need to give a bit of boost back to the McLarens and the start issues still exist.

Crowd was very solid, not approaching ALMS size, but it was busy. A lot of old ALMS and sports car manufacturer T-shirts and flags around the facility, very definitely a sports car crowd.

Paddock atmosphere was absolutely incredible, was very fan friendly. Lots of participants taking time to talk with fans. (Just prior to the Friday make up race, saw Kevin Estre, Robert Thorne and Johnny O'Connell all talking to a group of fans on the other side of the pit lane fence.) Really cool to see. Autograph session was pretty much the same, huge amount of fun.

For anyone who hasn't seen the results of the races-
*SPOILER ALERT*

GT races were fun to watch, a lot of good battles throughout the field. Good to see EFFORT Racing rebound for two podiums (nearly three) after the #31 got damaged at COTA.

Great to see Tomas Enge win one for Reiter Lamborghini, and JD Davison victorious with Godzilla.

Nice to see Dyson Racing back in victory lane at Road America, too, though not quite as stylishly as when they last won there in 2012.

Hopefully Mid Ohio will yield better results for the KPax Flying Lizard guys.

GTS, likewise was fun, Giglotti Cooper and Baldwin going at it in race one, especially. Totally shocked to see the Camaro stop on track after it looked so sure to win.

TC racs were good, though perhaps not quite as entertaining as last year's races or some of their rounds at other tracks this year.
Cool to see Francis Jr's Miata win race 3 after their issues in the first two.

Here are some photos, I might post more later.

This was a scary moment to watch.

Loved the KPax 12c GT3s, but I think I actually like the KPAX Lizard 650s GT3s and their liveries even more.

Old 30 Jun 2015, 05:22 (Ref:3554834)   #47
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a weekend!
I thoroughly enjoyed all three days.
The series put on a fantastic event, very fan friendly with bunch of awesome cars and some great racing.
Old 30 Jun 2015, 05:39 (Ref:3554837)   #48
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Race 3 start was messy, but the standing starts for races one and two went off pretty well.
I had never seen one of the starts in person, so I watched the start of the first race from the front straight. I Thought I knew more or less what to expect......I was wrong. The massive and sudden increase in volume as twenty nine GT3 racing motors revved up was absolutely shocking. The ground shook. It was utter and instant chaos. To be honest, it scared the h--- out of me!
Old 30 Jun 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3554890)   #49
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saturday's race was pretty good. The lack of any sponsor presence or vendors was pretty disappointing. I thought the paddock atmosphere was nonexistent. It had less going on than a vintage weekend. As for the crowd, well, it had more people than a salad bar. I would attend next year, but it's far from a big league event.
Old 30 Jun 2015, 14:05 (Ref:3554900)   #50
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nick Mancuso talks about racing the Maserati Trofeo in GTS http://nasportscar.com/nick-mancuso-...challenge-gts/