Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Sep 2013, 02:17 (Ref:3301300)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2013 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup_Full Chase Thread

To save from anyone of us continuing the weekly, painstaking ( ) task of starting individual race threads through the remainder of the year, why don't we start a Chase Thread. Cool? Good.

Standings from NASCAR.com

Jayski Chase Page with Schedule

Jayski Chase History

Edit: Is there anyway I can add a poll after the fact? I meant to add a pole to vote for who we think will win the Chase. Can't do that now, so Mods, if you can help, I would appreciate it. If not, I don't care - there would be only 2 or 3 votes anyways.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 10 Sep 2013 at 02:25.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 05:32 (Ref:3301872)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If Lagano wins the cup I might jump off a building.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3301898)   #3
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
JGR has a good chance with Busch and Kenseth starting out with their bonus points.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3302046)   #4
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like the 78 to win it, and recent form says he's got a shot. I know Kurt can be an ass at times but wouldn't it be cool for single car team to beat the Hendrick/Gibbs/Roush juggernauts and win the title?
Old 11 Sep 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3302132)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfizz View Post
I'd like the 78 to win it, and recent form says he's got a shot. I know Kurt can be an ass at times but wouldn't it be cool for single car team to beat the Hendrick/Gibbs/Roush juggernauts and win the title?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
JGR has a good chance with Busch and Kenseth starting out with their bonus points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
If Lagano wins the cup I might jump off a building.
Agreed on all counts. Two years in a row with a whinny little punk being the reigning champ would be dreadful.

I have had my eye on Kennseth since race 5 of the year as they seemed to be really clicking then and have had consistent top 5s and wins all year long.

And surprisingly, if the #78 TEAM took the championship, it would be pretty neat to see a small team take it. Unfortunately, my detestation for the driver trumps this feeling.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 00:47 (Ref:3302487)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like Kurt & what he has done this year in that team. Also his bro Kyle, he is a brilliant driver & needs a title - shall be interesting racing & i hope the non-chasers get involved & upset the championship contenders, fireworks people, bring it on...
I know Ambrose owes the #29 one
Old 13 Sep 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3303273)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Round #1 of THE CHASE

With all the juiciness of the "Spingate" and the other controversies, there is a race to run. Nothing says NASCAR "playoff" like Chicagoland speedway to me.

JAYSKI
Old 13 Sep 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3303539)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Gordon is the 13th driver added to the field:

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130911e
Old 13 Sep 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3303543)   #9
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got to hand it to Nascar, they are making some good calls.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3303557)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WOW, dont know what to make of all this... Dont know how 13 goes into 12, Hendricks power
Old 13 Sep 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3303599)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Gordon is the 13th driver added to the field:

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130911e
I thought motorsport, and Americans in general, were seriously allergic to the number #13?

I expected them to expand to 14 cars to avoid that...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Sep 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3303600)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Done on Friday 13th to boot.

If you add Gordo, should have take one away. *Ahem* (staring at Clint Bowyer)
Old 13 Sep 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3303623)   #13
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Fireworks will be on the track! Gordon now in the chase? Wow.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 23:57 (Ref:3303647)   #14
hotlavaaaa
Rookie

hotlavaaaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR made the right call. The only way to make things right was to put the drivers in the Chase that were going to be in when everybody and their uncle started to try to manipulate the results.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3303856)   #15
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I thought motorsport, and Americans in general, were seriously allergic to the number #13?

I expected them to expand to 14 cars to avoid that...
So that's Danica in the Chase, then....
Old 14 Sep 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3303935)   #16
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.roadandtrack.com/voices/c...=1459_23366307
Old 14 Sep 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3304012)   #17
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, I didn't expect these actions from NASCAR...but why is Bowyer still in?

I hope this can be a step towards NASCAR ridding itself of the Chase format once and for all.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3304039)   #18
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, I think this is NASCAR playing it very cleverly rather than delivering perfect justice.

They've blitzed Waltrip with these dazzling penalties but when the dust settles Bowyer is still in the chase. So the public is generally impressed that NASCAR has acted swiftly, NASCAR's relationship with the Waltrip operation is salvaged, the chase place means that NAPA will probably continue with Waltrip and team manipulation is aggressively discouraged. It's a very clever response that manages the situation but it's not quite justice. I was somewhat amused by the submissive way Waltrip accepted the penalty. He knew that if Bowyer had of been turfed from the chase, it's likely NAPA would've abandoned Waltrip and crippled that organisation. NASCAR was really looking after Waltrip's interests.

You can't have open manipulation in a sport with organisations of 3 to 4 teams and top of that another layer of small 'satelites' outfits that depend on the big teams for support. It's just not sustainable in NASCAR, like it is in F1 so they had to respond.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3304043)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
So that's Danica in the Chase, then....
Now there's an idea... 'The People's Choice'
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Sep 2013, 00:06 (Ref:3304045)   #20
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nascar is bringing in new rules again, analog radios in the spotter's stand, camera to monitor 'on-track' action and no asking teammates or other teams to move over or give up a position. They met with teams yesterday to release these new rules, claimed to discuss but apparently met for 15 minutes so how much was discussion vs here's the new rules. Not sure how it will affect drivers working together in the drafts during the race though.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 01:06 (Ref:3304053)   #21
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Most of you guys probably know that I feel that the chase is a crock, but I do suggest a points shake up. Something along the lines of the train of though with F1's or the WEC's points systems. IE, giving the top 10 or top 15 the lion's share of the points, not awarding points below a certain position or if a car doesn't complete a minimum distance?

It would reduce the urge to cheat the system to benefit someone else, it would reward both consistency and winning consistently, and the bigger gaps between positions would probably get drivers to race harder without some contrived rules restricting team orders. Anything better than what NASCAR has done all week is better IMO.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3304059)   #22
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They'd never scrap the chase realistically unless they had some other dazzling gimmicky thing to replace it.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3304246)   #23
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Rain will be an issue Sunday: The National Weather Service forecast for Sunday at Chicagland Speedway does not look good. It now calls for showers, mainly after 10am/ct with a high near 68. The overall chance of precipitation is 100%. Chances drop to 80% tonight. The hourly forecast calls for a steady chance of rain through the afternoon and evening. There are lights at the track so the race could be run at night if needed. Monday's forecast looks good. For more weather info see the Chicago Race Info Page - weather section.(9-15-2013)
Old 15 Sep 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3304325)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yep, rain rain in the windy city. Race delayed.

I hate the Chase, but it is what it is. The fact that Bowyer's place in the Chase was secure before the incident occurred is one reason I feel nascar has left him in. And Bowyer was a player in the whole scheme and the whole organization has been punished. However, if Bowyer wins, which I feel he won't, it won't look very good.

Just surprised nascar seemed to use almost a half a brain on this one.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3304344)   #25
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Just surprised nascar seemed to use almost a half a brain on this one.
Don't understand your surprise. After all, that's all Brian France has to use....