Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 May 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3905729)   #51
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Frightening isn't it? I watched the GPs in Monaco of I think 1982 and 89 today on Sky.... Good Lord.. we just relied on three heights of armco as a barrier...I had one eye shut the whole time. Whether you supported Hunt, Lauda, Rindt, Senna, and the many more that died doing what they loved.. they were all legends in their own right..and all missed ..
Old 29 May 2019, 03:46 (Ref:3906653)   #52
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
John Watson Gobbing off about Hamilton not attending apress conference and being Pathetic. The only thing that is Pathetic is Watson making a big story around Lauda's passing - pretty childish and disrespectful ....
I've not clicked on any of those news stories, made it a policy to avoid click-bait-ey articles in general.

Is it incorrect to observe that Watson would have been one of the drivers that kept driving past Niki Lauda while he was burning?
Old 29 May 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3906695)   #53
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
I've not clicked on any of those news stories, made it a policy to avoid click-bait-ey articles in general.

Is it incorrect to observe that Watson would have been one of the drivers that kept driving past Niki Lauda while he was burning?
Yes, it is completely incorrect.

The race was stopped almost immediately, and the crashed car of Lauda plus those of Lunger and Ertl pretty well blocked the track.

Watson knelt with Lauda's head on his lap until he was taken away by ambulance.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 01:43 (Ref:3907442)   #54
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Greem for the correction, perhaps I should have used another example where the race was not stopped.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 13:35 (Ref:3907882)   #55
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was lucky enough to meet Niki Lauda in 1974, when I was 14.

To do what he did, after that accident at the Nurburgring and then to win the WDC the following year takes some dong. R.I.P.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3908648)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
In case anyone has not seen it or just wants to watch it again. In the uk BBC2 is repeating Hunt v Lauda at 9.30 tonight