Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 May 2007, 17:34 (Ref:1907815)   #151
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
I'm not surprised Vettel is heading the points chase. The fact that BMW have dropped their plan to run reserve drivers on the Fridays of GP weekends means he can now focus solely on WSR.
I keep on wondering what they will do about Donington though, because that falls on the same weekend as the Italian GP. If BMW let Vettel do the WSR race then they will have no reserve driver at Monza because Timo Glock is also racing in the GP2 series.

Anyway, I'm hoping to go to the Donington WSR round so they better let him race there or else
Old 6 May 2007, 17:57 (Ref:1907831)   #152
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Bahrain clash with the first WRS weekend? I think they will pull Glock out of GP2 in case something happends with one of their drivers. He's on the circuit anyway.
Old 6 May 2007, 18:50 (Ref:1907867)   #153
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
Didn't Bahrain clash with the first WRS weekend? I think they will pull Glock out of GP2 in case something happends with one of their drivers. He's on the circuit anyway.
Yeah, good point.

BMW would be stupid not to let Vettel race at Donington. There's 35 points up for grabs each weekend (except Monaco) so if he were to miss Donny, he would be handing a big advantage to the likes of Parente, Aleshin and whoever else is up there at the time.
Old 7 May 2007, 13:54 (Ref:1908332)   #154
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do like the introduction of the reverse grid system - really shakes it up nicely. Who would have had Duran and Valsecchi as winners by the end of two rounds?

Also means 21 drivers have already scored points and only Comtec and GD haven't scored in the team standings yet.
Old 7 May 2007, 16:19 (Ref:1908395)   #155
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJB
only Comtec and GD haven't scored in the team standings yet.
Comtec...what happened!
Old 7 May 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1908409)   #156
J.R
Rookie

J.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to Comtec is that all the important people left... principally Roy Vincini, at least that is what Van Lagen says in an interview for autosport.com. It´s that simple... and now they´ve got to rookies... so they´ll have to be patient. If Van Lagen wasn´t able to do better than 11th-12th in both races (as experienced as he is) you can´t expect a win just now for 2 rookies. But i´m sure better times will come. Couple of races...
Old 7 May 2007, 17:24 (Ref:1908426)   #157
J.R
Rookie

J.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R
What happened to Comtec is that all the important people left... principally Roy Vincini, at least that is what Van Lagen says in an interview for autosport.com. It´s that simple... and now they´ve got to rookies... so they´ll have to be patient. If Van Lagen wasn´t able to do better than 11th-12th in both races (as experienced as he is) you can´t expect a win just now for 2 rookies. But i´m sure better times will come. Couple of races...

Sorry, Van Lagen interview was published in crash.net and not autosport.com as I mentioned before
Old 8 May 2007, 01:14 (Ref:1908714)   #158
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Comtec are now running with F3 Euroseires with little potentail, forfgive me if im wrong, but this seems just stupid, it does not make sense.
Old 8 May 2007, 07:35 (Ref:1908786)   #159
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
Comtec are now running with F3 Euroseires with little potentail, forfgive me if im wrong, but this seems just stupid, it does not make sense.
Last year they had Alx, now they don't. It makes perfect sense.
Old 8 May 2007, 11:16 (Ref:1908913)   #160
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
Celso Miguez has left Eurointernational according to Italiracing- well that didn't last long!! Wonder if he'll go back to Comtec?? Eurointernational doing a good job of keeping hold of their drivers as usual!
Old 8 May 2007, 11:34 (Ref:1908923)   #161
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJB
Celso Miguez has left Eurointernational according to Italiracing- well that didn't last long!! Wonder if he'll go back to Comtec?? Eurointernational doing a good job of keeping hold of their drivers as usual!
Yeah, I'm quite surprised about this. OK, he had a poor round at the weekend, but he was really good at Monza, taking a 7th and a 5th place in the two races.

I was thinking about Celso going back to Comtec too. He did reasonably well for them in the final six races last year and he would add a bit of experience and knowledge to the team, something they haven't really got with Nunez and Herck.
Old 8 May 2007, 11:51 (Ref:1908937)   #162
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
Then again, Renault's qualifying report suggested that Herck had signed for a full season - not sure if that counts for much in World Series though. I think its part of the fun and brings in drivers from all over the place.

Is good to see Aleshin get his chance in a GP2 car, although I'm surprised its him and not Albuquerque or Vettel racing for ART.
Old 8 May 2007, 15:30 (Ref:1909097)   #163
old-timer
Rookie

old-timer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the side of Comtec, a few points,1. Jaap was very bad in the car, off the track and a total lack of speed, the year in Megans has not helped him, he did over €118,000 worth of damage to our cars in 1 race meeting and 6 days of testing (Jaap had no money to pay for this), Jonathan had given him all the slack he could, but the bottom line was its better to have a paying novice than subsidize somone who is running out of money.
2.the sponsor's that the team have are all found by Jonathan not the drivers, 3.Red-Devil is Finish.
4.Roly was a very good engineer but Comtec is bigger than one person, remeber in the winter testing the Comtec cars were very fast without Roly.
5. Comtec's cars were ahead of the Cram cars in Germany, if you think that Comtec and Paul Heath are not trying then you do not understand motorsport.
6.We need a fast driver but for now we will give our novices all the help they need, and trust me its just as hard to come 12th as it is to win,
7.the 14 people that work here all see this forum and somtimes its a very big kick in the balls to think that we are all seen as wkrs when we have given 100% to the drivers that we have.
8. We agree we would love Alx back as Renault would love Alonso back !
Thank you MD
Old 8 May 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1909111)   #164
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i suppose having miguez would be a good thing for comtec as he'll know the team and perhaps help nunez develop as well
Old 8 May 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1909176)   #165
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzen
Last year they had Alx, now they don't. It makes perfect sense.
Hey, that's my line!

No, I'm not totally serious about it but I'm sure he was a very important part of the package knowing how he works well with engineers.

Last edited by Obizzz; 8 May 2007 at 17:18.
Old 8 May 2007, 17:24 (Ref:1909185)   #166
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
old-timer good to see you back on and stating the case from the team's perspective.

I wouldn't go as far as suggesting anyone thinks you lot are a load of 'hand/wrist gestures' though, I think it's just been generally surprising that the team has not continued where it left off at the end of last season.

Totally valid points though about the struggle for balance between running so called 'aces' or running less fancied pilots who might have a few bob to spare.

I remember someone once told me that he pulled out of F3 because it was so hard to find the right balance. This gentleman said it's all very well running in a category that costs a quarter of a million quid a season with pay drivers but on the other side of the coin running quick penniless drivers doesn't make sense because the operation can't be run effectively on thin air.

I guess it's the same in every decent single seater series? It must be very hard to draw the line.
Old 8 May 2007, 19:09 (Ref:1909267)   #167
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJB
Then again, Renault's qualifying report suggested that Herck had signed for a full season - not sure if that counts for much in World Series though. I think its part of the fun and brings in drivers from all over the place.

Is good to see Aleshin get his chance in a GP2 car, although I'm surprised its him and not Albuquerque or Vettel racing for ART.
Red Bull is paying for that drive, so whilst Vettel is on their program, I think they're probably having some doubts as to their backing considering BMW's involvement.

As for Albuquerque vs Aleshin, your guess is as good as mine. I'd expect to see Albuquerque winning a GP2 race before Aleshin, but he is still very inexperienced in high powered open wheelers. That's my only real guess.
Old 8 May 2007, 19:36 (Ref:1909300)   #168
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hmmm, I thought it'd be Albuquerque because he drove a Red Bull F1 car in Colombia the other week so at least he has high power experience. Maybe he just wasn't available, although since Aleshin isn't really sponsored by Red Bull I was a bit surprised. Wish him the best though - reckon he is the finest of the Russian crop.
Old 9 May 2007, 07:01 (Ref:1909600)   #169
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJB
Aleshin isn't really sponsored by Red Bull
I thought he was. Is he not a Red Bull 'junior' then?
Old 9 May 2007, 08:24 (Ref:1909668)   #170
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
looking forward to the next race around the streets of monaco - just wish it was televised down under

so, is sebastien vettel the real deal (IMO - he is)
Old 9 May 2007, 08:32 (Ref:1909682)   #171
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
Is he not a Red Bull 'junior' then?
http://www.redbull-juniorteam.com/20...etail.php?id=4
Old 9 May 2007, 10:28 (Ref:1909757)   #172
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJB
Hmmm, I thought it'd be Albuquerque because he drove a Red Bull F1 car in Colombia the other week so at least he has high power experience. Maybe he just wasn't available, although since Aleshin isn't really sponsored by Red Bull I was a bit surprised. Wish him the best though - reckon he is the finest of the Russian crop.
Albuquerque's got a few meaningless straightline runs in an F1 car, Aleshin has got at least one year of WSR under his belt. Im kinda surprised it wasn't Vettel but maybe BMW wouldn't let him.
Old 9 May 2007, 16:02 (Ref:1909969)   #173
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=14821&cat=5

My Italian isn't brilliant, but it seems as if Celso Miguez hasn't left Eurointernational and will line-up for them in Monaco in just under three weeks time!
Old 10 May 2007, 09:21 (Ref:1910177)   #174
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Your Italian was good enough to get the right idea
Old 10 May 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1910437)   #175
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ahh, I didn't realise Aleshin had Red Bull backing - I thought his funds came from Lukoil rather than Red Bull.

In that case, maybe the fact he has such a weight of influence (and potentially money) behind him could contribute to him moving up for this race.