Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 8 Jun 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1629980)   #26
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
off topic a bit,but did anyone else wonder why at the France race, Pedrosa at one right hander kept on bringing his foot off the peg before going into the corner. Was curious as he did it over and over.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1630000)   #27
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he does it at all right handers i belive

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Jun 2006, 01:34 (Ref:1634760)   #28
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
dirty Dan, interesting trivia there. If true (and I tend to believe you as his motions were very smooth and natural looking over and over) its still curious as to why. I guess he feels he gets the front of his foot on the peg more comfortabley how he likes it.

cheers
Old 15 Jun 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1635339)   #29
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i understood that he was asked about that .. and he negated the fact .. i think it's not something he controls .. it's a "natural" "move"

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Jul 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1646180)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hayden's title lead takes a moderate hit, so let's see how Sachsenring goes now....although with Laguna Seca coming up after that, surely he can keep the damage as minimal as he can...

Still, I think Dani and Valentino are going to crank it up for the rest of the season. Tense stuff!

Loved Rossi's attempts to suffocate the Honda crew BTW!
Old 4 Jul 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1648480)   #31
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I don't see Hayden being able to sustain the pace, the title will be between Dani and Valentino.

Go Dani
Old 5 Jul 2006, 07:38 (Ref:1648604)   #32
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

Loved Rossi's attempts to suffocate the Honda crew BTW!
Ditto, he didn't win but he still wanted all the attention

Even my sport-hating gf liked it - but then she's a fool for Rossi..

To the topic, I still dare not bet against Il Doctore, he's too good. Even with a broken wrist. Dani will be a prickly, prickly thorn for years to come but I think his rookie-ness will hinder him this year. Hayden? Still not quite good enough I feel. Nice guy though.

What excites me most about MotoGP is the consistently fantastic racing, it's been extremely rivetting and full of drama and passion. I've even fallen in love with the 125 and 250 series. I feel like I've finally emerged from my F1 cocoon and am now 100% proud to be an exclusive bike fan.

F1? F off more like
Old 6 Jul 2006, 23:50 (Ref:1649971)   #33
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just want to say that hayden and Dani have won the same number of motogp races.
Old 7 Jul 2006, 03:21 (Ref:1650016)   #34
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by asha
I just want to say that hayden and Dani have won the same number of motogp races.
It puts in perspective the talent of Pedrosa, being a rookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
F1? F off more like
Well said! But probably the racing in F1 will be better on 2008, particularly if they choose that FIA rear wing that has Mosley excited (any thing that excites Max has to be great - no pun intented respect his wife)
Old 7 Jul 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1650148)   #35
nihil
Racer

nihil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was at Donington for the race... just got to say that seeing Pedrosa coming down the hill, then out from under Starkey's Bridge like a bullet was very impressive. Rossi's ride was just mesmerising, but unfortunately tended to eclipse just how on it Dani was.

Those two are really going to be fun to watch for the rest of the season (if Rossi can sort out the M1... if he'd qualified higher, I doubt that Pedrosa would have been alone out there at the front), because with each race Dani is less of a rookie...
Old 7 Jul 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1650246)   #36
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

my money is still on valentino - though he is making it tough with injuries & mechanical failures....

if not, dani pedrosa will run down nicky hayden - dani is a race winner at this level, is nicky???? melandri would be a great surprise
Old 7 Jul 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1650382)   #37
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was an intersting race, Pedrosa was right on the button from Friday morning and when he is as good as that I think he would be hard to beat, but he get like that at every race meeting, I doubt it somehow!
I still think Vale is the man to beat and especially because of Haydens poor showing at Donington, that was just what he didnt need, he needed to really take maximum advantage of Vale's injury by taking two wins, thyat was what Doohan did to BEattie all thos years ago when Daryl got at him a bit.

As for Danu, he has the talent and the speed, i still remain to be convinced about fitness and the way the team get the bike to work for him, at some tracks i think he will struggle to cope with the effort
Old 8 Jul 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1650995)   #38
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Dani has now matched Valentino's wins in his rookie season too. Both winning at Donnington, must be a good track for rookies.
Old 8 Jul 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1651019)   #39
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im with the American Hayden all the way!!! ive watched him for about 5yrs now working his way up the ranks and he has deserved all of it good luck from here in Wash D.C.!!
Old 15 Jul 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1657095)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, Dani and Nicky are both on the front row, Rossi eleventh.

Dani has really hit a patch it seems, if he wins tomorrow he may be difficult to stop.
Old 24 Jul 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1663727)   #41
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hayden with one hand on the title as long as he keeps it upright...
Old 25 Jul 2006, 00:44 (Ref:1663784)   #42
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To date: 194 points, 2 wins, 3 seconds, 4 thirds, 1 fifth, one seventh, 2 fastest laps, and no DNF's

If he keeps that up he's the champ.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 01:11 (Ref:1663795)   #43
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I concur.

Damn him! He needs some bad luck, and soon!
Old 25 Jul 2006, 01:20 (Ref:1663797)   #44
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no way, id rather see anyone than Pedrosa take it. I like Hayden, seems like a nice enough guy. can ride as well. Also, a change from the Rossi show is a good thing for the sport.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 04:59 (Ref:1663846)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Rossi is what, 51 points behind?

And yet, even though there are just six races left, you can't even discount him yet somehow, though it is getting difficult!

Hayden would be a nice champ, though I think this will be his only chance he gets.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1664074)   #46
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6 races, 30 points for dani, so if Hayden DNFs it is all open, Melandri/Pedrosa.

I don't think Dani could quite do it, as he'd have to show a large ammount of quick consistancy, which he doesn't have.

But a Hayden DNF? Then it'd be ON!
Old 25 Jul 2006, 11:20 (Ref:1664081)   #47
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Btw, With a Hayden DNF, Rossi would need to beat him in every race by atleast one postion, or there abouts.

Right now he needs to beat him by about 2 places to be in with a shot (Pretty much 1-3, so Rossi needs to win the rest), baring in mind that Rossi is EXCELLENT everywhere, and Hayden is pretty good at most places now, but very good at Valenci and Phillip Island.

For Pedrosa to win he needs to beat him with a victory - 2nd points gap and a bit. Tall order?
Old 25 Jul 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1664319)   #48
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see Hayden win it. If he tosses it, then I'd be much happier with Melandri as champion. Pedrosa will win it eventually. And he'll look less than thrilled doing it. And Rossi not winning it this year will only make next year even better. We'd have Rossi on the warpath. And Pedrosa with a year's worth of experience. And maybe Hayden as the defender? That's what I'm hoping for.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1664541)   #49
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Nicky has lookied like a champ all year for me, he is riding hard but also within a very fine limit, just like Roberts did in 2000.
Yes he has a better bike than Kenny did, but at the places he can do well he gets a first or second, otherwise he is determined to get a third.
For me there are still places where Dani will struggle against Vale and Nicky for fitness.
He is almost there and his speed is beyond question isnt it, bloody frightening!
Personally i would love to see Marco do it, just coz he is always happy and always stiuff it up the inside of Valentino when he can, one of the fwe that will!
But you have to say that Vale is still favourite! They guy still pretty much has them all beat from here on in ad tnhey know it.
If he does win it surely it will one fo the greatest wins ever!
Old 25 Jul 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1664558)   #50
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
It's the typical scenario with open possibilities: those leading are not totally consistent winning-wise, and the best is with a good deficit of points.

I don't feel total confidence with Hayden yet, somehow I perceive he is not quick and/or regular enough to seal the title already (look Le Mans, Donnington). However he has been doing a very good job anyway.

Pedrosa is learning but he is talented. He could do it, but he has two problems IMO: Hayden is a bit far away in points, and Rossi is too near!

Rossi is the monster, looking to eat the children. 51 points in 6 races... He has won 5 races against 2 the rest of contenders. I can see Rossi getting 6 wins as a likely scenariuo, but I'm not sure about Nicky doing 6 podiums, so things will be marginal if that Yamaha behaves.

I recognize Melandri has a shot if Hayden fails, but to be fair he has been very irregular along the season.

If I had to be more concrete, I'd say Hayden and Rossi in about equal terms, Dani almost there, and Melandri just as a dark horse. The good thing about forecasting is the laugh we can have when we are totally wrong

It is amazing we have four thinkable contenders with six races to go.

----------------------
Entering the Dark Zone

A shaman has predicted Rossi is going to crash in Brno race. Apparently he worries about mundane events like bike racing

Leaving the Dark Zone
----------------------

Last edited by Schummy; 25 Jul 2006 at 22:31.