Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Sep 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3848831)   #101
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A batch from last evenings Kinrara Trophy of some of the lead changes. The crowd around Madgwick were spell bound by this battle.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3055.jpg   IMG_3133.jpg   IMG_3170.jpg  

IMG_3239.jpg   IMG_3375.jpg   IMG_3381.jpg  

Old 8 Sep 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3848853)   #102
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I’ve just heard about Wizzo . An amaising driver . RIP
Old 8 Sep 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3848856)   #103
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’ve just heard about Wizzo . An amazing driver . RIP
Some career he had. RIP Wizzo!

Just checked why the grey Cortina was put at the back of the grid after Q. Contravention of App K 7.3.7, but that covers a multitude of sins......

Gave the driver a challenge, anyway!
Old 8 Sep 2018, 14:35 (Ref:3848870)   #104
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RIP Whizzo.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 14:55 (Ref:3848871)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done "Master Mechanic" Iain Rowley as described by Marcus Pye.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3848872)   #106
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I notice a lot of drivers aren't wearing HANS devices, John Young got out of his car and he looked like he went to take it off and realised it wasn't there
Old 8 Sep 2018, 15:17 (Ref:3848875)   #107
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, not necessary for cars built before 1976 I believe. Some are wearing them though.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 15:54 (Ref:3848877)   #108
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The Kinrara is basically 'Pre 63GT' in normal historic racing, the TT 'Pre 66GT', but at Goody they only include larger engine cars for both. So in the former the smallest capacity seems to be Healey 3000s, and in TT it's all about the American V8s versus the Europeans.

The Kinrara only has one car that doesn't look like a standard production GT- the Ferrari Breadvan, which is a one-off period rebodied 250GT SWB. Personally, I don't think it fits the grid, but what do I know!

And IMHO it's hideously ugly for a Ferrari!
thanks for the info, i'm much clearer on it now
Old 8 Sep 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3848880)   #109
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Is Martin Haven the guy who sounds like Jeremy Vine?
Old 8 Sep 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3848884)   #110
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes, not necessary for cars built before 1976 I believe. Some are wearing them though.
Thanks for clarifying that Peter
Old 8 Sep 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3848886)   #111
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well done "Master Mechanic" Iain Rowley as described by Marcus Pye.
Man I just had the best race ever . Good start and kept out of trouble . Second lap someone blew up at Woodcote . More oil than the Torri Canyon dumped down I spun and somehow missed everyone and the barrier .,Got going and had a great old ding dong with A 35 . Happy to finish P9 and lap time as good as the pro drivers who have driven the Westie . Fish and chips await so happy days .
Old 8 Sep 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3848888)   #112
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Man I just had the best race ever . Good start and kept out of trouble . Second lap someone blew up at Woodcote . More oil than the Torri Canyon dumped down I spun and somehow missed everyone and the barrier .,Got going and had a great old ding dong with A 35 . Happy to finish P9 and lap time as good as the pro drivers who have driven the Westie . Fish and chips await so happy days .
Well done, good result, I was watching from St Marys, only one slight deviation that I noticed at No Name on the second to last lap I think - some agricultural work in the Westminster! Good luck in the FJuniors tomorrow.

Last edited by justracing; 8 Sep 2018 at 18:07.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3848890)   #113
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Agreed. The current ones seem to spend most of their time trying to score points off of each other rather than inform the spectators.
I spoke to Marcus briefly whilst hiking round to my viewing point at No Name and he didn't seem too impressed about being banished out in the boon docks at St Marys this morning. the trouble with Martin Haven is that he just doesn't know when to stop talking and most of the time it's repetitive or inconsequential.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3848891)   #114
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Well done, good result, I was watching from St Marys, only one slight deviation that I noticed at No Name on the second to last lap I think - some agricultural work in the Westminster! Good luck in the FJuniors tomorrow.
Yes bit of a shame about excursion ad I had managed to drop that pesky A35 .
Old 8 Sep 2018, 18:53 (Ref:3848897)   #115
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
The Grumpy Irishman had a broad grin, not sure if it was his TV face, JR will deal with it I'm sure Alta looked fabulous, and correct, as opposed to built/painted last week.

Kinrara was/is a good watch. In my opinion it's the race for cars built then that race in Kinrara, whereas the TT is now the new cars that look a bit like cars built then.

Same can be said for saloons, Sears & St Mary's. It can't be long before Cortina/mini body shells are available new again, they need to be.

As for tenthers, well done JK (Mr LAK) 11th in Fordwater, in what is basically a factory spec Aurelia. I did notice a green and white car in the same race I thought it would be quicker than my car . Until I considered the brakes. I'd have probably spun it, and been somewhat slower.

Simon Drabble showing off at Lavant in the Rapier, quickest Rootes car though.

Iain, fingers in most pies!

I only nipped down for a few hours Fri am, said a load of hello's, saw cars with no people, got bored, rode home, for lunch. Goodwood to home on a '67 Li150 special in 35 minutes, not quite a PB (TV175-31m) but riders excuse 137. Car park congestion!

Live stream on an hd tv is superb.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3848907)   #116
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
...... . I'd have probably spun it, and been somewhat slower.
Only because they kept leaving the engine lid open whenever you drove it!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Sep 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3848908)   #117
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Noticed a car spinning yesterday- DB4 I think, and the same happened to that! Then there was the E Type bonnet that kept lifting.....
Old 8 Sep 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3848913)   #118
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
That's the one!
Old 8 Sep 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3848914)   #119
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Have I inadvertently set a trend? I've never been a sheep, more a shepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Only because they kept leaving the engine lid open whenever you drove it!!
Old 8 Sep 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3848923)   #120
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Gotta have some sympathy for the guy, then. That’s a big cross to bear!
Old 9 Sep 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3849020)   #121
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
For anyone getting frustrated with a buffering stream- Revival is live on ITV1 at 2pm for two hours!
Old 9 Sep 2018, 11:58 (Ref:3849021)   #122
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
For anyone getting frustrated with a buffering stream- Revival is live on ITV1 at 2pm for two hours!
I thought it was only me with the buffering!! However I am watching the MotoGP live at the moment !!!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Sep 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3849022)   #123
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
356 was quicker with lid open

Misery went well in Alta but was not helped by being put on grass by backmarker Largo.

Lost 6 secs

Have to check fastest laps

Should have entered single seat Talbot!
Old 9 Sep 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3849032)   #124
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
One of these John?

A much better idea than the banger race I just watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
356 was quicker with lid open

Misery went well in Alta but was not helped by being put on grass by backmarker Largo.

Lost 6 secs

Have to check fastest laps

Should have entered single seat Talbot!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0051.JPG  
Old 9 Sep 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3849033)   #125
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RAC TT reduced to 45 minutes - to fit in Glover Trophy ?