Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 23 Jun 2004, 22:46 (Ref:1013987)   #201
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i still cant see anything other than headlines

Last edited by PaulSands; 23 Jun 2004 at 22:48.
Old 24 Jun 2004, 16:55 (Ref:1014813)   #202
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mostly what I see is... errors!

ATSBLUSER.Object.Authenticate At Line 60 Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e21'

Invalid character value for cast specification.

/classes/c_user.asp, line 523
Old 24 Jun 2004, 20:05 (Ref:1015097)   #203
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So... Edd Straw takes part in the 2CV 24 hour race. I do hope he enjoyed it, but evidently not enough to merit more than the standard couple of paragraphs of x won, y did this, and z did the other. And we wonder why the only 24 hour race in this country is under threat.

2 years on the run now I've thoroughly enjoyed myself at Snetterton and eagerly turned the pages of MN and Autosport in anticipation of the well-deserved glowing 2 page picture and writeup extravaganza, and 2 years I've shut the magazine feeling cheated.
Old 24 Jun 2004, 22:48 (Ref:1015335)   #204
david_james2000
Rookie

david_james2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok people solved the misty as to why i can access the site, found this mail in my email today

"Thank you for your recent email about the new paid-for service on Autosport.com. As you may know, we are committed to rewarding our most loyal customers and the service is free to subscribers to the magazine. However, we are aware that there are some regular readers who choose not to subscribe and believe that they should also be considered for free access to the new website. With this in mind we have updated your user details with a one month free trial subscription. Please explore the new site and let us know what you think.

If you would like us to consider you for a further free subscription, please email us at the following address: helen.goddard@haynet.com, telling us how often you buy Autosport and from which retail outlet and in what country"

I dont care what there do im not going to subscribe to the autosport pay site. I dont know it i should reply what you think?
Old 25 Jun 2004, 08:07 (Ref:1015627)   #205
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by david_james2000
ok people solved the misty as to why i can access the site, found this mail in my email today

"Thank you for your recent email about the new paid-for service on Autosport.com. As you may know, we are committed to rewarding our most loyal customers and the service is free to subscribers to the magazine. However, we are aware that there are some regular readers who choose not to subscribe and believe that they should also be considered for free access to the new website. With this in mind we have updated your user details with a one month free trial subscription. Please explore the new site and let us know what you think.

If you would like us to consider you for a further free subscription, please email us at the following address: helen.goddard@haynet.com, telling us how often you buy Autosport and from which retail outlet and in what country"

I dont care what there do im not going to subscribe to the autosport pay site. I dont know it i should reply what you think?
Interesting, from my understanding of that she is offering you a perminant free subscription to the site as long as you buy the magazine.

I've been buying Autosport for the last 17 years from my local newsagents because that way I'm helping local businesses plus I don't have the lump sum cash to buy a subscription.

Since this online fiasco started I've been wondering whether to continue or not. Think I'll drop Ms Goddard a line and see if she offers me a free sub too!
Old 25 Jun 2004, 08:57 (Ref:1015666)   #206
John McIlroy
Rookie

John McIlroy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maisie,

We're carrying a feature on Edd's exploits in the 2CV 24 Hours next week.

Regards,

John
Old 25 Jun 2004, 09:32 (Ref:1015692)   #207
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
am I alone in thinking it is fine to pay - if Autosport put the whole magazine free on teh web people would stoip buying it!
however what would be really interesting would be if back copies (particularily from 60's) would be available online for reference/history on cars. Sorry if these points have been covered havent got time to trawl through 14 pages!
when I flicked through my latest copy I didnt see any report on Monthlery apart from a passing reference in the club news
Old 25 Jun 2004, 12:49 (Ref:1015849)   #208
John McIlroy
Rookie

John McIlroy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon,

The idea is that as the website archive develops over the coming months, more and more of that type of content will become available. Bear in mind that precious little of it is stored electronically and we've got various bodies inputing old articles virtually every day.

That, to be honest, is the crux of the PPV website. It has to develop as a resource that gives access to Autosport's history, because not many other sites etc. can offer that. And we're involving users, because we welcome suggestions for 'milestones' or notable race reports etc.

John
Old 25 Jun 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1015871)   #209
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
as a collector/historic racer this type of archive has great value. Maybe another service could be where we can commission you to trawl through to find any reference to a particuular car, especially useful when trying to validate history with the dreaded gold FIA papers coming up.
Personally I buy the magazine each week rather than viewing online but it seemed unreasonable to try and get it free on the web having shelled up at my local newsagent!
So was I right that the last ever Monthlery meeting did not get a full report in the latest issue