Old 5 Aug 2008, 21:30 (Ref:2264095)   #1
minifox
Racer

England
milton keynes
minifox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
endurance..which one?

hi,
three novice drivers wanting to race in an endurance championship.sports cars prefered but not essential

what is championships are there around?
what budget can we expect to need?

any help is much appreciated and im sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum!

thanks again
lewis
Old 6 Aug 2008, 07:50 (Ref:2264293)   #2
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2CV 24 Hours this weekend? From a grand a piece...
Old 7 Aug 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2264955)   #3
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
What about the Uniroyal Fun Cup thingy - beetle shaped lumps. I wasn't impressed when I drove one and they are expensive for what they are (I think), but the series is all laid on for you. Probably the only *series* with reasonable costs.

http://www.funcup.co.uk/insight01.asp

Are you moving up from endurance Prokarting?

James
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2267164)   #4
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minifox
hi,
three novice drivers wanting to race in an endurance championship.sports cars prefered but not essential

thanks again
lewis
You could have a look at the Classics Sports Car Clubs series'. They run their own meetings but promote 3 series of their own: 1. "Swinging Sixties" for Sports & Saloons from the 1960s era, 2. "Tin Tops" for hatch backs and saloons up to 2 litres (can be classics or modern cars), 3. "Future Classics" for Sports and GT cars from the 60s, 70s, & 80s.

Have a look at their web site: http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/

Trouble is that these series are all "mini - enduro" really, ie 30 min practice & 40 min races with compulsory pit stops and therefore not really true enurance races. Nevertheless they are great fun, well organised and good value. The club really does try and put the competitor first.

I run a Fiat and an Alfa in the Tin Tops series and I really do recommend the club.

Perhaps you could get 2 cars and run one in each of two of the series. As novices this may be a decent place to start, without incurring too much expense initially. Decent cars for the "Tin Tops" seres can be picked up for a couple of grand and a good car for "Future Classics", such as an MX5, can be had for about £5K already prepared.

Club membership is £30 & series registration is £90 (from memory). Typical entry fees are £295 for a race at somewhere like Oulton park or £265 at Anglesey. All of the series run on List 1A or 1B road/ track day type tyres so, for eg, a set of Yokohama A048s for my Fiat was about £240 & they will last about 6 races.

Hope that helps. PM me with questions if you want.
Old 23 Aug 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2273752)   #5
baldtom
Racer

England
West Sussex
baldtom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've always got the lawn mower 12 hour endurance race.......... see www.blmra.co.uk
Old 23 Aug 2008, 09:56 (Ref:2273768)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
You could have a look at the Classics Sports Car Clubs series'. ...
I can vouch for this, a great club. I started in the Swinging Sixties series this year and it is great fun. Here are a few of the cars:
Attached Thumbnails
Copy of DSCF2209.JPG  
Old 26 Aug 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2275922)   #7
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another vote for the CSCC here
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 29 Aug 2008, 22:14 (Ref:2277764)   #8
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flavien and Vanessa Marcais' GT and Sportscar Cup- run along similar lines to Gentleman Drivers before the Masters took over. 90 minute/2 hour 2-driver races for pre-'66 cars. We run a TR4, but there are plenty of options open to you, and this year the series visits Pau, Dijon, Monza, Charade, Donington and Paul Ricard.
Old 30 Aug 2008, 04:54 (Ref:2277866)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minifox
hi,

thanks again
lewis
Unless you are running a Nat A license its unlikely that you'll get into any serious endurance events. I recommend that as novices you do what Andy suggests. These are of course "classic" cars and you haven't told us what type of car you want to play with. If you have loads of wonga then you might want to look at Radicals.