Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Mar 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1539533)   #1
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats happened to squadro toro rosso?

You will have to forgive my ignorance as i'm mainly a rallycross / wrc fan, but i do enjoy watching F1.

What has happened to the old Minardi team that was becoming squado toro rosso? I haven't seen any news about the car / drivers or anything about testing ahead of the 2006 season..

Are they acturally competing this year?

Si
Old 7 Mar 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1539536)   #2
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1539546)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Helpful as ever Sam.

Si I can 't believe you've escaped from Rally/Rx!

You'll find they pop up all over the F1 threads but I suspect Super Aguri has stolen much of Torro Rosso's limelight.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1539555)   #4
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick lowdown: Drivers are American Scott Speed and Italian Tonio Liuzzi. Only team using restricted V10 engines. Going to use a chassis that looks remarkably like last year's Red Bull Racing car. Gerhard Berger has bought into the team. 'Radical' livery apparantly to be realeased this week.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1539693)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
One of the reason you may not have been able to keep track of Squadro Toro Rosso aswell is the fact they've been renammed to Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Selby
Old 7 Mar 2006, 18:17 (Ref:1539715)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I have totally forgotten about this team, probably because I am finding myself less and less interested in F1 as the years wind by, the loss of V10's has further eroded my interest in F1 etc.

I never realised who was even driving for the team until I read the above post...
Old 7 Mar 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1539753)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They haven't been as well documented as SA, but still documented a little more so because of the Berger link.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1539799)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The rule changes were a bit of a godsend for us because some of the teams have had a real headache trying to make thier cars work. And with our spies posted in wind tunnels across europe we actually had something to say thats worthwhile.

F1 this year should be reasonable - but these days I'm way more into NASCAR and LMP racing
Old 7 Mar 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1539817)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
the loss of V10's has further eroded my interest in F1...
You should be interested in Toro Rosso then!
Old 7 Mar 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1539821)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
STR, initially at least, only provides a limited appeal.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1539837)   #11
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That Scott Speed seems to be a promising driver, someone on whom Red Bull spent a fortune already.