Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Jan 2003, 20:24 (Ref:470576)   #1
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canadian Motorsport

Changes in circumstances and stuff means I find myself in Canada for while, advice on the best types of tickets and places to sit for the following races much appreciated:

Montreal (GP and CART)
Toronto (CART)
Vancouver (CART)

Cheers
Andy
Old 13 Jan 2003, 03:11 (Ref:472671)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be getting up a party for a suite hotel in Montreal if you want to join us; and if you don't worry about being crowded you can stay with me in Toronto, however I can give you some hotels to contact if you would prefer that. They do fill up quickly though and they aren't cheap. I'll be staying with friends in Vancouver and have never been there, so that's all I can offer.

If you want to write for the newsletter on a specific support series or to write about engineering or something, it may be possible to get you credentials for Toronto and Montreal; we had 3 of us last year in Montreal and they have welcomed us back in 2003.

The absolutely best place to sit at Toronto, if you're not in the media centre or pitlane, is Silver Grandstands 21, 22 and 23. That's right on start/finish and next to the air conditioned beer garden/support paddock/sales booths, and has a big screen across from it too.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 06:26 (Ref:472728)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or grandstand 32 gives a nice view of any first corner carnage for a slightly lower price . But, yeah, silvers are even better for a bit more money. Last year we just counted how many times Paul Tracy cames through the corner backwards vs. forwards. As I recall it was something like 3 times backwards, 70something times forward.

I have a ticket for 32, and will be watching the race with my mum! If I can get credentials, I'll do journalism thing again on Friday and Saturday though - maybe I'll do an article on what it's like to do the hat dance or something. Oh wait, it's been done...

One thing about both Montreal and Toronto though, is that they have some great GA areas if you want to walk around, and I'd encourage you do so. Especially for the Montreal Cart race, which I honestly can't say enough good things about.

Last edited by Jay; 13 Jan 2003 at 06:30.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:00 (Ref:480139)   #4
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the information folks

have you any suggestions about accomodation for Montreal (GP rather than CART)
Old 20 Jan 2003, 19:23 (Ref:480315)   #5
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Try McGill for their student dorms. Costs at the hotels are OOTW.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 21 Jan 2003, 00:00 (Ref:480656)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You won't be able to stay in the dorms for the Cart race, as the students will be using them...and believe me, there's no extra space.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 21 Jan 2003, 16:48 (Ref:481233)   #7
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For Vancouver ideas, have a look at the Champ Car forum. I think the thread is called "From another forum". Having been to the Vancouver race every year since 1991, I put my two cents in, but there are other thoughts too.

keke
Old 22 Jan 2003, 02:30 (Ref:481977)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can stay at McGill for the GP though; we did and the rooms are very comfy and at the top of a mountain which is good for your cardiovascular system. $30 Canadian a night when we were there.

djb is looking into the suite hotel scene for us and you are welcome to join us for the CART race if you like.