Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Mar 2024, 07:58 (Ref:4200570)   #76
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
No Sky Tempesta Ferrari after all then?
Old 11 Mar 2024, 09:42 (Ref:4200794)   #77
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
No Sky Tempesta Ferrari after all then?
GTWC!
Old 12 Mar 2024, 00:02 (Ref:4200931)   #78
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
GTWC!
Yes I am aware of that thanks.
I was expecting a Ferrari presence in Britain as this team has been fairly regular entrants in recent years with Mclaren etc

Shame no Porsche either considering how many of the current spec cars are already out there in GT3.
Old 12 Mar 2024, 08:11 (Ref:4200954)   #79
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 37th and previously unannounced entry – the J&S Racing Audi R8 LMS GT3 – is eligible to score points at four events. Sacha Kakad and Hugo Cook are scheduled to compete at Silverstone, Spa and both Donington rounds.
https://www.britishgt.com/news/1037
Old 12 Mar 2024, 09:13 (Ref:4200959)   #80
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Jamie Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The article also mentions 41 entries currently confirmed for the Silverstone 500 round. Will be interesting to see who they will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 Mar 2024, 10:58 (Ref:4200973)   #81
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to have another manufacturer in GT3.

41 at Silverstone will be fun, with any luck those 3 extra entries (outside of the Audi) will be from the GTWC sprint grid thats at Brands a week later.

Maybe Sky Tempesta Ferrari, WRT or ComtoYou. No idea, just wishful thinking.

We often see a few of the GT Cup GT3 entrants run one offs, but there is only 2 GT3s announced for GT Cup so far, the Nearys who are already present, and the G-Cat Porsche... which is a low probability option.

Always a great race regardless, hopefully we see more than 41 by the time the race comes round
Old 12 Mar 2024, 19:20 (Ref:4201037)   #82
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent Media Day at Donington today ....... despite the weather's best efforts!
Most of the entries were out, some for longer than others but, all in all, a good day trackside ....... if a tad damp! (The new GT4 Mustangs sound awesome!)
Old 17 Mar 2024, 22:21 (Ref:4201683)   #83
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post

We often see a few of the GT Cup GT3 entrants run one offs, but there is only 2 GT3s announced for GT Cup so far, the Nearys who are already present, and the G-Cat Porsche... which is a low probability option.

Reckon GT Cup sadly is past its peak covid seasons now with what was once a near 40 car grid, its really dropped off and this season looks like they may even struggle to hit 20 cars. Not sure why its had such a fall tho a lot of regulars have either moved to British GT or moved on in general.

The GT3 class has basically turned into Practice for British GT competitors
Old 17 Mar 2024, 23:01 (Ref:4201695)   #84
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is absolutely no need for another GT series, it could work if it is all older cars etc and a decent club GT4 series, I would think GT4 needs some more work here, our tracks lend them-self to GT4, France really grasped it, hope we do too eventually.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 23:01 (Ref:4201829)   #85
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
There is absolutely no need for another GT series,
yes there would be a place for a GT series like British GT was in the 90s which allowed self build cars and not the shitty SRO stranglehold and monotony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuvA5UrGY5M
Old 18 Mar 2024, 23:09 (Ref:4201831)   #86
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
yes there would be a place for a GT series like British GT was in the 90s which allowed self build cars and not the shitty SRO stranglehold and monotony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuvA5UrGY5M
In the UK those sort of things have long been well catered for by the likes of Britcar or Modsports.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 18:19 (Ref:4202754)   #87
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All change at Century, Dan Harper partners Michael Johnson.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 23:13 (Ref:4202784)   #88
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
All change at Century, Dan Harper partners Michael Johnson.
Very interesting development!
Old 26 Mar 2024, 08:31 (Ref:4202806)   #89
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Very interesting development!
Is this full season though as press release has Harper quoted as having no clashing commitnents for this round.

Is Chris Salkeld still doing the rounds that Dan cannot?
Old 26 Mar 2024, 08:31 (Ref:4202807)   #90
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

The GT3 Audi R8 is doing Oulton as well now.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 08:35 (Ref:4202809)   #91
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The GT3 Audi R8 is doing Oulton as well now.
Because the Race Lab GT3 don´t do Oulton.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 08:35 (Ref:4202810)   #92
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Because the Race Lab GT3 don´t do Oulton.
That's right, 'logistical' issues apparently.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 18:46 (Ref:4202907)   #93
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is this full season though as press release has Harper quoted as having no clashing commitnents for this round.

Is Chris Salkeld still doing the rounds that Dan cannot?
The press release talks of title defence, so I assume Dan will see how it goes and prioritise his comments to where he is best placed championship wise.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 00:50 (Ref:4202940)   #94
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its been spoken about before and the reaction seemed to be quite downbeat at the time but is it now time for the British GT grid to be split by class with only the Silverstone GP round being GT3/GT4 combined?
Old 27 Mar 2024, 10:46 (Ref:4202964)   #95
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Its been spoken about before and the reaction seemed to be quite downbeat at the time but is it now time for the British GT grid to be split by class with only the Silverstone GP round being GT3/GT4 combined?
IMO no. Personally, I think that the combined GT3 and GT4 grid is British GTs USP compared to the other SRO GT series.

I think that splitting the grid into separate races for GT3 and GT4 wouldn't necessarily cause the GT3 and GT4 grids to expand. You'd have (at best) two 16-20 car races. It would still be interesting, and in better health than the GTWC America field, but some of the excitement of British GT comes from the multi-class format. Silverstone always attracts additional entries, and I can't imagine these additional entries would appear for a full-season even if track space emerged.

British GT has always been multi-class, the old Pirelli World Challenge held separate races for various categories, and in continental Europe SRO built up GT3 and GT4 championships as completely separate entities. If you were to impose a split championship now in Britain, I think that some of the GT4 teams would feel they were being demoted from the premier series.

I'm sure there are probably various administrative reasons behind not splitting the classes. Whilst not an important consideration, holding an additional 2-hour race at the meetings would also have an impact on track time, as well as reduce the support package the BRSCC and MSV have put together - how would you decide what to scrap out of GB3, GB4, Ginetta Juniors, Ginetta GT Academy, and the Ginetta GT Championship? Although admittedly the GT Academy and Ginetta GT Championship probably could be merged.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 16:27 (Ref:4203023)   #96
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I'm sure there are probably various administrative reasons behind not splitting the classes. Whilst not an important consideration, holding an additional 2-hour race at the meetings would also have an impact on track time, as well as reduce the support package the BRSCC and MSV have put together - how would you decide what to scrap out of GB3, GB4, Ginetta Juniors, Ginetta GT Academy, and the Ginetta GT Championship? Although admittedly the GT Academy and Ginetta GT Championship probably could be merged.
I know this is a hypothetical question, but GB4 is the answer. No point of it when F4 already exists.

And, no the GT classes should not be split. The multi-class nature of the series is its most interesting aspect.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 17:27 (Ref:4203027)   #97
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I know this is a hypothetical question, but GB4 is the answer. No point of it when F4 already exists.
Yes, I thought about GB4 as soon as I posted that line! It is seemingly more affordable than F4, but then it is a 10yr old chassis now which also means its halo-less. Surely it should be an FIA and/or MSUK rule now that any modern single-seater being driven by someone under the age of 18 (as several GB4 drivers are) must have a halo/aeroscreen.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 06:59 (Ref:4203239)   #98
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Al Buncombe will be joined by brother Chris for the opening round.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 11:58 (Ref:4203272)   #99
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Al Buncombe will be joined by brother Chris for the opening round.
Yes, Simon Watts has business/personal commitments.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 12:08 (Ref:4203275)   #100
SSmith
Veteran

Test Session 1/Free Practice 1 complete. Impossible to read anything into the times (as always in Tests/FPs). 35 of 36 cars set times (exception being the Johnston/Harper BMW). Fastest GT3 time was from the #32 Kakad/Cook J&S Racing Audi. Top 5 in GT3 covered by 0.123 secs - #32 J&S Audi followed by #8 Abba Mercedes (Neary/Neary), #63 Barwell Lamborghini (Collard/Collard), #15 RAM BMW (Ferguson/Marciello) and #6 2Seas Mercedes (Loggie/Keen). GT4 fastest time from the #31 Dawson/Morris Team Parker Mercedes, 0.240 secs clear of #90 Optimum McLaren (Brown/Meakin).

https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=B.../241318bgt.pdf